Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trees along all minor roads in S'pore

Is there any real reason behind planting trees along all minor roads in Singapore no matter the location of these roads? To keep the "Garden City" nickname alive? I'm curious how much just one of those trees cost......(real reason I'm asking,.... cuz they ruined the opportunity for me to use some of those less traveled roads as landing strip)

If you put self interest aside, you will know the answer to your question. To put it simply, it is about Our Singapore, not just you.

Originally posted by Caine View Post
    Is there any real reason behind planting trees along all minor roads in Singapore no matter the location of these roads? To keep the "Garden City" nickname alive? I'm curious how much just one of those trees cost......(real reason I'm asking,.... cuz they ruined the opportunity for me to use some of those less traveled roads as landing strip)

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

One of the small one is 60bucks.
        Anyway, Nparks is very concern about those trees.
        I love PAP

Comment

is that you dloh?

Originally posted by Caine View Post
          Bro dloh... is that you???

there seems to be this uncanny resemblance.
          Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

now update from Nparks

it is not Garden City anymore...it is City in a Garden

OT a bit:

This is a Fengshui Urban Legend

When LKY started taking over, one FS master told him that Singapore was in the shape of a crab.

This 'crab' was green, thus it was alive.

If urbanisation took place too fast, and if trees were not planted, the crab would become 'red'

So it would become a 'cooked crab' which of course was not good for the country.

So LKY in his wisdom decreed that trees must be planted to keep the crab green, to keep Singapore alive

Thanks for the OT
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

u can practise take-off and landing between the trees

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                now update from Nparks

it is not Garden City anymore...it is City in a Garden

OT a bit:

This is a Fengshui Urban Legend

When LKY started taking over, one FS master told him that Singapore was in the shape of a crab.

This 'crab' was green, thus it was alive.

If urbanisation took place too fast, and if trees were not planted, the crab would become 'red'

So it would become a 'cooked crab' which of course was not good for the country.

So LKY in his wisdom decreed that trees must be planted to keep the crab green, to keep Singapore alive

Thanks for the OT
                Hmm,...I see, thanks for the civic lesson,...now that makes alot of sense..cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X