Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here play badminton?

Anyone here play badminton? Need to consult experts on the topic...

sigpic

I used to play quite a fair bit until recent years. What do you want to know?
    If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

i do play badminton

Comment

I do play regularly 7yrs ago, 3 times a week. Then stop. Then 2yrs ago, played once weekly, abt 6mths and then stopped. Have not touched the racket since.

What would u like to know??? Me no expert thou, probably between novice and intermediate.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply.

Me actually might be starting a project on shuttlecock...so would like to find you from you guys:

1. Do you use plastic shuttlecock? If yes what brand? If no, which type and brand of shuttlecock do you use?

2. Whats the difference in feel of the really good shuttlecock and the cheaper ones, in terms of recreational usage? In terms of the more pro?

Is it like going from $50 FG rotor blades to $120 CF blades, where if you fly hard, the difference is night and day, but not much difference if just flying around.

3. How many tubes of shuttlecock do you go through each session?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, it's like Carbon and FG blades..

I believe shuttlecock selection is speed and cost or both bah..

Use to play every night during my teenage days.. while at that time.. the better ones are fathered and are like prized possession, and the nylon ones are for training..

But not sure how it's like with todays technology.. Maybe the modern nylon ones can fly faster??

Now that you mention. I never bothered where the feather comes from.. but here's a good start for information..

Our tests and health procedures page provides information on various medical procedures, including what to expect, how to prepare and the pros and cons. "At our tests and health pro...

Comment

1. Do you use plastic shuttlecock? If yes what brand? If no, which type and brand of shuttlecock do you use?

No. Tried once and never like the feel. Always played with Yonex AS-20 or 30. Each tube cost slightly below S$50 then.

2. Whats the difference in feel of the really good shuttlecock and the cheaper ones, in terms of recreational usage? In terms of the more pro?

The flight path, the weight, the predictability in flight and smooth flight during drop shots. I 100% recreational but use feathered ones 99% and love them.

Depends on how long the session and how many players. My last stint, they booked two courts for two hours every weekend and abt 10-12players playing. Easily one tube per session gone.

Seven years ago, four players every other weekday three hours each time. One tube last abt one month cos we conserve and not smack too much too. Always playing tactic like cross-court smashes and drop shots.

Really depends on how u "take care" of the shuttlecock.

Comment

cock is important.... how about the racket?
                I love PAP

Comment

Badminton

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                  Thanks for all the reply.

Me actually might be starting a project on shuttlecock...so would like to find you from you guys:

Is it like going from $50 FG rotor blades to $120 CF blades, where if you fly hard, the difference is night and day, but not much difference if just flying around.

Hi Baby_zyklon,
                  I've been a regular in the 70s to late 80s, then stop for 19 years and pick up again 5 years ago. Now I play every Wednesday and Saturday, only single game, no double (my double play sucks big time).
                  Shuttlecocks come in different speeds (weight determines the speed)

When to use what speed (weight) depends on the many factors, e.g. height above sea-level, temperature, time of the year (seasons), etc. In international tournaments the referee will determine which shuttelcock to use. See attached link for more information.

Are you just doing research or you are in this sport too ? If you, or anyone, are into badminton too perhaps we can have a few games someday. We can talk more about it, and racquets too.

Comment

I am doing research for school project.

You guys any idea where I can get mizuno shuttlecock in singapore? Walk around penisular area today, but all the shops don't carry...The specific model that I am looking at is those synthetic shuttlecock but builts like the feather type.

sigpic

Comment

BTW, yonex seems to be a lot less popular liao hor. I remember yonex was the only choice when I bought my racket in the 90's.

sigpic

Comment

the only worrying part is that your strong will look bigger and more toner than weak hand. Hehehe. So must balance up, do some gym time on the weak hand.

Tennis more worst !
                        Helis;
                        Align Trex 27cc - 90size MD500e Bretling.
                        Align Trex 700N - 90 size Bell 222 Blue
                        Align Trex 500 - UH60 Coast Guard
                        Align Trex 600 - EC145
                        Trex700E-Flybar-Trainer
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        Futaba 8FG TX-mode1/Pheonix Sim

**I told u to fly, not crash..**

Comment

Working...
                        X