Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruit tried to Swim out of Tekong

A RECRUIT from the Basic Military Training Centre (BMTC) on Pulau Tekong, said to have been having problems coping there, attempted to swim back to mainland Singapore last December.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) confirmed that the recruit 'attempted to swim out of Pulau Tekong towards the main island of Singapore'. He was, however, spotted and picked up by the Police Coast Guard and handed back to the authorities in BMTC.
    - Straits Times

Wow....
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
    A RECRUIT from the Basic Military Training Centre (BMTC) on Pulau Tekong, said to have been having problems coping there, attempted to swim back to mainland Singapore last December.

Responding to queries from The Straits Times, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) confirmed that the recruit 'attempted to swim out of Pulau Tekong towards the main island of Singapore'. He was, however, spotted and picked up by the Police Coast Guard and handed back to the authorities in BMTC.
    - Straits Times

Wow....
    Here's the link.

Comment

If Mas Selamat can do it, so can you!
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Got to be kidding me...

- Straits Times

Wow....
        I was in P Tekong back in the days it was called ITD, and I was still there when it changed its name to 2BTS...and I was back there again recently as it is called 9 DIV apart from all many names it shared..BMTC..etc,..w/e...so as 1st hand experience how it was like b4 n how it is like now, I wont go into many details of how bad it used to be,..but how nice it has become...u have pools build next to the sea, and glassed gym next to the pool, food catering services replaces those Pes C NS cooks/cook SGT, shelter all the way from the bunk to any part of the HQ, tiles everywhere..., recruits going back to camp travel in "style"...those w/e u call it with hull shaped like "W"...no more RPL...etc, and if u r ever want to report sick,...sit in the chair and watch some TV till ur number is called on those big digital display.....so if that still doesnt help the recruit to cope with w/e problem,...oh ya,..as for the excuse some make about "'having a harder time making the transition into military life and coping with the mental and social demands NS makes of them"..lets face it....forget about political correctness for a change..we r becoming softer

Comment

well there near by hendon camp who need this kind of fellow who can swim long distant espcially at nite . i think he sure posted to this kind of camp trainning.it a waste to train in tekong with this kind of skill . right BOOSAA our unit need this telent.hehehe
          mike

Comment

I don't understand how he was just 'counselled' for trying to escape.

Look, he couldn't even get a silver for the physical fitness test, and he wanted to swim more than 3km, in the sea, at night!?!

This guy is probably mentally unsound. He should see a psychiatrist.

So smart and yet so dumb.

Comment

But I think this guy must be so disturb to the point of attempting something like this..

Then again.. his life in camp now will definitely be more relax..
              Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
              Avant Aurora (E1)
              Avant Aurora (E2)
              Mcp X
              GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
              JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
              will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Originally posted by cirrc View Post
                I don't understand how he was just 'counselled' for trying to escape.

Look, he couldn't even get a silver for the physical fitness test, and he wanted to swim more than 3km, in the sea, at night!?!

This guy is probably mentally unsound. He should see a psychiatrist.

So smart and yet so dumb.
                It's not mentally unsound. At a younger age, over-protected life, never yet experience the "unforgiving" real life out there. Of course he thinks he can swim that distance, in the sea, at night!

Dangerous mix of stupidity and wide-eyed innocence...

Just like some people who go overseas and get into trouble becos they think everywhere is as safe as singapore.
                ------------------------------
                Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Seems like the younger generation is getting softer.
                  Are parents too protective over their children?
                  I think the army should train and discipline them even harder

Comment

A BMT sergeant noticed one of his recruits was behaving oddly. He'd pick up a piece of paper and say, "No, no, that's not it!" He'll rummage in rubbish bins too for any scraps of paper, check them ,and say "no, no, that's still not it!". The sergeant then recommended the recruit for a psychiatric evaluation.

After some weeks the recruit was seen by the psychiatrist. The psychiatrist concluded the recruit was deranged and downgraded the recruit to Pes F.

The private picked up the Pes F certificate and said, "Yes, that's it!"

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
                      Seems like the younger generation is getting softer.
                      Are parents too protective over their children?
                      I think the army should train and discipline them even harder
                      Parents r too protective over there children,..thats a fact,...take a drive down to Bartley road and see the chaos over there when school is over...there is not a thing the army can do about it either,..."too many white horses"...remember, in this country,..money talks

Comment

LOL, good one.

A BMT sergeant noticed one of his recruits was behaving oddly. He'd pick up a piece of paper and say, "No, no, that's not it!" He'll rummage in rubbish bins too for any scraps of paper, check them ,and say "no, no, that's still not it!". The sergeant then recommended the recruit for a psychiatric evaluation.

After some weeks the recruit was seen by the psychiatrist. The psychiatrist concluded the recruit was deranged and downgraded the recruit to Pes F.

The private picked up the Pes F certificate and said, "Yes, that's it!"

Comment

I believe the police done a good job.. Or another body will be found floating..
                          As for the recruit, I think he is not soft but brave to face the night sea alone.
                          As for many who thinks the younger generation is soft.. Please look at the case of student caught for crimes!!!
                          I believe is the fault of the parents not the children..
                          In Singapore, many families have both working parents. And where will you find times together and teach them? Many left the younger generation to their grandparents or maid.. So they do the teaching???
                          I love PAP

Comment

Kids nowadays are soft, period. Just last week, I tried to bring my nephew for a run and he told me to get a life
                            Heli-ADDICTION:
                            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

You are not alone, when I was a kid/a teen, I hated running too

Comment

Working...
                              X