Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC = More Stress or Less Stress

Some people pick up this hobby to help release stress.

However, like all other things, this seem to have some hidden stress tagging along with it... e.g.:
    1) crashing
    2) $$$ can't afford repair
    3) no time to fly
    4) argument etc etc

But looking back.. and examine closely... do you actually find it helps to relieve stress?

If you click on yes... perhaps it is time to take a step back, and do some slow and easy fun flies... instead of competition/sports flying.
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

huh

yeah nic, it does help relieve stress. this is a hobby, and if anyone feels stressed, its only because they chose to stay in this hobby. when i fly, or when i attend flying sessions with you guys, all the problems at home and at school are forgotten. of course there are times we feel stressed, like when we got no money to buy spare parts, but we placed ourselves in this hobby in the first place. anyway, the satisfaction quickly drives any stress away...
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Hi all, it becomes stressfull when you want to do maneuvres that you know you can't, at the moment. But it becomes pure adrenaline and joy when you land that bird of yours sooooo beautifully!
      That sense of accomplishment, nobody is gonna take away from you inside!

Comment

I would vote for more stress...

I have a bunch of planes(15) and need to decide which to fly. Sometimes I feel bad for those plane that have been seated there for a while...stress1

Then I have to pack different fuel for like 30% for the heli 5% for the fourstroke and Rossi and 15% for all other engines. Or different cells for different power EP and ensure they are within safety stock level......stress 2

Yet constantly thinking of getting more planes. and most of the time not able to get them due to certain constraint....my is constantly hovering in Fok Hai building and behave like a Zombie sometime....stress 3

Maybe I am a slow worker, I always don't find enough time to work on my models and need to juggle time between work/ wife an hobby..stress4

Planes are still ok, but flying heli is very stressful when you have experience crashes before. Not only the money needed for repair, but the time needed to set it up...scary...

I have seen many mechanical failure which is beyond our control...all this fear of failure add to the stress level...

But....what the h#ll....am still flying, I wonder why..? This is worst than drugs I think...
        Regards

Comment

Wah ! Lucky you have so many planes to fly! I guess i can't own 15 planes at one go because my salary goes to feed/upkeep 2 kids! School fees lah, bus fees lah, textbooks lah, childcare fees lah, 1st child fall sick go clinic lah, 2nd week 2nd child sick also lah, school shoes lah, uniforms lah, kiddy colgate lah, kiddy toothbrush lah, toiletries lah, toys lah, storybooks lah (hate to pass by MPH with family! always try to SIAM!, hobby shop i don't mind!)
          One weekend's outing to parkway parade with family will cost me close to a hundred bucks on average! Always suffer insufficient-cash-withdrawal syndrome at end of month, because go ATM t-t-t, no money! Super Frustration Man! i think managing family with kids is more stressfull lah, i go fly, i feel very happy, i felt free to do what i like And with all my flying buddies, feel good lah!

Comment

Hi

For me, Most of the time is less stress...Just like playing computer games. The time I experiencing stress is when I see everyone doing FF or head on.

But one thing for sure about this hobby is that it does improve your hand-eye coordination and reflexes.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Astroboy.. count me in for that type of stress. Plus my toddler just started school while still haven't get over the new-baby-at-home symdom. Big mess at home now.

The only stress from flying is the fear to crash cause all my funds has been diverted to pay family bills. No more $ for repairs.

Otherwise.. flying takes my mind away from all my probs... so it is still a stress reliever.

For the record.. I only found time to clock 0.75 tank this week... so I am becoming a

I started this poll, mainly because I hope everyone will take a moment to think... this is just a hobby.. we are here to make friends, and to enjoy... not to quarrel over petty issues etc.
              huh

Comment

Righto Nico !!!

Mmmm, maybe should start another poll Nic, like how many flyers are single, married, with/without kids, 1 or 2 mistress or something like that hor?

Comment

And how many are at work right now, but checking Daddyhobby new thread every 5 mins....
                  Regards

Comment

every 10 minute - 15 minutes for me...
                    my eyes roam from 1 desktop to another... so.. it takes about 15 mintues to complete 1 cycle of all the desktops...
                    huh

Comment

If I'm at my work desk and not busy, I will check it once in a while.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                        every 10 minute - 15 minutes for me...
                        my eyes roam from 1 desktop to another... so.. it takes about 15 mintues to complete 1 cycle of all the desktops...
                        Actually, I am on leave today.. yet I am working in the office...

Just one of those days...
                        huh

Comment

Working...
                        X