Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subaru windscreen replacement.

Any Subaru driver here changed windscreen b4????

Mine windscreen tat day hit by small stone when follow lorry at CTE near AMK Now got a 40cm crack line on it
    emailed MI this is their reply:

the 1.5R front windscreen is about S$2200.00 include molding & sealants.
    What's a good price huh??!!

Any good workshop to recommend!!!
    Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Your insurance should cover that.. don't know if any rules have change but this kind of claim will not affect your ncd, but you can check the excess in your insurance cert for whidscreen

Comment

if your insurance is AXA, then i think its covered. I just changed mine and dont have to pay anything. check with your insurance company. some requires to pay 100 bucks.

Comment

cover

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
        Your insurance should cover that.. don't know if any rules have change but this kind of claim will not affect your ncd, but you can check the excess in your insurance cert for whidscreen
        Yes. mine ins covered windscreen too.

if your insurance is AXA, then i think its covered. I just changed mine and dont have to pay anything. check with your insurance company. some requires to pay 100 bucks.
        U mean ins. or windscreen?? Mine ins. is MSIG. W/S covered. No need to pay anything. any W/shop.

So any workshop recommend??

Comment

Call you insurance, the last time i checked u need to get authorized workshop to change.

If u go to ur preferred workshop, they need to quote ur insurance, if they feel too ex they will ask u to pay the balance

Comment

windscreen

Originally posted by alex_bong View Post
            Yes. mine ins covered windscreen too.

U mean ins. or windscreen?? Mine ins. is MSIG. W/S covered. No need to pay anything. any W/shop.

So any workshop recommend??
            since "No need to pay anything. any W/shop.
            "
            sent bact to the agent MI .

warranty by agent . ie no water leakage etc etc .

Comment

ins cover

Call you insurance, the last time i checked u need to get authorized workshop to change.

If u go to ur preferred workshop, they need to quote ur insurance, if they feel too ex they will ask u to pay the balance
              Today 12:17 AM
              I called both Ins . co. and Author Agent.

Originally posted by darren pun View Post
              since "No need to pay anything. any W/shop.
              "
              sent bact to the agent MI .

warranty by agent . ie no water leakage etc etc .
              But 2.2k quoted. I don think Ins. will cover full lo. I wont want to pay the extra.... Even they claimed 'no need to pay anything' but rationally, u think they will pay full the 2.2K I doub so....

Comment

ws

Originally posted by alex_bong View Post
                I called both Ins . co. and Author Agent.

But 2.2k quoted. I don think Ins. will cover full lo. I wont want to pay the extra.... Even they claimed 'no need to pay anything' but rationally, u think they will pay full the 2.2K I doub so....
                give them a call . fax in yr insurance cover note & they will come back to you with an answer .

try them first .

i ever kana once . e agent pick up my car fm my office and deliver her back to me . (other make)

try plan A first if not i got plan B for u .
                got to do it fast if not e crack will get longer & longer ...

GD luck

Comment

Alex,

Call MSIG and speak to the CS. They will advise you base on ur policy. The last time my sunny, Income gave me two choice, either to their authorised workshop or TCM. I went back TCM to replace my windscreen, paid S$107 w/ gst. Its done within the day.

My previous COE car, get replacement from scrapyard and replace. Total cost S$200 only. My COE car only 3rd party, fire n theft policy, no free windscreen replacement.

The choice is urs, wana go to authorised workshop, AD workshop or get from scrapyard. Go back JB, price even cheaper.

If u want peace of mind, go back MI n get it done. U wont need to pay a single cent as per ur policy. No big worries, only worry is to re-tint ur windscreen n tis must be 100% from ur own pocket.

Welcome to motoring in SG.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                    Alex,

Call MSIG and speak to the CS. They will advise you base on ur policy. The last time my sunny, Income gave me two choice, either to their authorised workshop or TCM. I went back TCM to replace my windscreen, paid S$107 w/ gst. Its done within the day.

My previous COE car, get replacement from scrapyard and replace. Total cost S$200 only. My COE car only 3rd party, fire n theft policy, no free windscreen replacement.

The choice is urs, wana go to authorised workshop, AD workshop or get from scrapyard. Go back JB, price even cheaper.

If u want peace of mind, go back MI n get it done. U wont need to pay a single cent as per ur policy. No big worries, only worry is to re-tint ur windscreen n tis must be 100% from ur own pocket.

Welcome to motoring in SG.
                    Hi Adrianli. I call MSIG b4. they asked me any shop and let the shop quote them. Now the situation seem like sent back to MI and let them deal with MSIG and see how. since MI is Subaru AD in SG.

Too bad i cant change the windscreen in JB. as Subaro not popular in M'sia. and parts wise shld be import fr SG. then the price will hahaha...

Comment

This is one of Income's windscreen authorised workshop :

U might want to call them for a quote to compare prices.

Comment

Hi Alex,

I just got my windscreen replaced (I'm with Aunty Lucy Insurance, btw). Yup, just paid the 100 bucks excess and I still keep my ncd. No questions asked. I didn't even bother to get a quote. I guess workshop quotes are more for those who do not hae windscreen insurance?

Just my 2 cents worth.
                        Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Working...
                        X