Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone 4 launch at Marina Bay Sand

Was there to collect my iphone 4 this afternoon. Barely stayed for an hour and had to pay $8 for parking

Initially thought i could give it to my wife but didn't realize it uses micro sim

Not sure whats new on the phone yet but i'm glad that it doesn't have the death grip problem

So who else got the new phone?

I see u TU TU, knn iphone 4 u hand leg so fast.

Using the iphone 3, like everything except cannot see flash app. KNN this is what putting me off ipad.

Mike

Comment

It's a man eat man world leh so must fast hand fast leh lah

Tuesday booked the 32gb all reserved already. Only manage to get the 16gb

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue View Post
        Not sure whats new on the phone yet but i'm glad that it doesn't have the death grip problem
        Look at the lower side of the phone (I think on the left side). U should see a line that separate the 2 strip. Put your palm or finger on it and press. Then tell us whether your reception will drop or not.

EDIT: Here is strip I referring to:

SH

Comment

I had the phone casing on and still registering full bar.

I feel the downside here is that it is slightly bigger and squarerish

Comment

With casing on... sure no problem.

The problem is the antenna design. Since I never seen the iPhone4 before but based on what I see on the picture, the antenna is a loop that surround the phone. One end is the antenna (or like the +ve polarity) and the other end is the ground end. That is why u see the fine line of insulator that separate the +ve and the ground.

When u touch that line with finger or palm, you actually short the +ve and the ground together...thus, it is no longer a loop (or so called Ring antenna). Thus, reception drop. It is like having broken antenna.

EDIT: Looks like iPhone4 is using Dipole antenna design.
            Go google and search for iphone4 and dipole and u should see alot of info:

SH

Comment

the parking was $18 the other time i was there
              Don't PCW

Beam E4
              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Working...
              X