Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PMR446 Walkie Talkie - What brand and model u use?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMR446 Walkie Talkie - What brand and model u use?

Hi all

I was wondering how many model is available in Singapore for the IDA approved PMR446 walkie talkie here.

I saw "Motorola TLKR T7" selling in Harvey Norman and it has IDA approved sticker on the box. That one claim to be 10km range (Yeah, I know that is the idea case)

So, what model do u use, how much and where did u get it. Remember, publish the IDA approved only. Don't published those that is not. (In case IDA read this forum )

Your Walkie Talkie should have IDA approved sticker if it is approved.

SH

Motorola GP328?

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
      Motorola GP328?
      That one...is not PMR446 type right? U required license for that right?

What I'm looking for is those license free type of Walkie Talkie.

SH

Comment

The vendor did everything. And my customer program the walkie talkie to his fleet.
        Not sure what that means. But the coverage is almost in the region of 10km...

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
        That one...is not PMR446 type right? U required license for that right?

What I'm looking for is those license free type of Walkie Talkie.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by mave View Post
          The vendor did everything. And my customer program the walkie talkie to his fleet.
          Not sure what that means. But the coverage is almost in the region of 10km...
          I called up Comline and the fellow told me that the Motorola GP328 is the licensed version. Required to show company info and minimum order is 5 sets.

That one has transmission wattage of more than 1W...that is why it can reach far.

We (end user/consumer) cannot use that one. In Singapore, for licensed free, we can only use PMR446 type.

SH

Comment

Yes, you were right! The vendor did ask for my company info before selling the equipment for me. You are well informed!

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
            I called up Comline and the fellow told me that the Motorola GP328 is the licensed version. Required to show company info and minimum order is 5 sets.

That one has transmission wattage of more than 1W...that is why it can reach far.

We (end user/consumer) cannot use that one. In Singapore, for licensed free, we can only use PMR446 type.

SH

Comment

The only workable Walkies are those license type and it's what I am using. Those colourful Motorola cannot even talk clearly along North South Highway and it's almost a "sight to talk" situation.

Comment

Some of the talkies needed license and it's very ex
                y not get those walkie phones from tele operator?
                I love PAP

Comment

No need to be too fanciful actually. Good for normal usage. I know that over 10km is not possible for 0.5watt transmission (PMR446 type).

I did try TLKR T7 in my workplace whereby by colleague in a server room in on building while I was at the cafeteria on the building next to it asking him what he want for tea break. It works perfectly.

Getting those mobilephone that also a walkie talkie required:
                  1. Change your phone.
                  2. The other parties required to have the same function type also.

This thread is also hoping to become sort of a reference for those who intend to get one for normal usage AND is approved by IDA AND no need license.

EDIT: Last time I check... Singapore only allowed PMR446 type. I wonder whether do they allow GMRS type or not. That one, has the maximum transmitting range of 1Watt.
                  So far I know there is a FRS, GMRS, PMR and dPMR (digital PMR). I wonder whether the rest is going to be approve by IDA or not?

SH

Comment

Anyone from IDA here??
                    Care to leak some info here?
                    I love PAP

Comment

Working...
                    X