Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call of Duty MW2 - where is file located?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty MW2 - where is file located?

OK. I screwed up and accidentally deleted the entire CODMW2 game folder. I managed to recover most files but they are now all over the place. Re-installed and now I need to know the filename of the file that records the last saved game.

Can anyone help with the filename? I'd hate to start from the beginning. Single player. I was up to the stage where I was pursuing Makarov in the caves in Afghanistan - I think that's quite near the end of the game and I want to finish it but sure don't want to have to start from the beginning!

Thanks!

Your CoD MW2 should be using Steam version right?
    If yes, then it is most likely in your Steam directory.
    Look for your steam directory. Let say u install it in C drive... then it is:
    C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players\save

Comment

I'm not sure about that. But don't think so. I'm playing single player and not online. In any case, I no longer have the directory structure. Just hundreds of MW2 related files that I recovered and saved into a folder. So I think I need to know the filename and hopefully it is one of those recovered.

Thanks again.

Comment

If yours is steam version (which is most of CoWM2 are if u purchase box type).
        The directory shown above is for offline. If for online, it is not store locally. It is store in Steam server.

SH

Comment

I purchased mine used without any packaging. The seller told me at the point of purchase he played only single player campaigns and never online. It worked fine for me - playing single player campaigns and not connected to the internet at all during gameplay. So I think Steam does not come into the picture here. Sorry, I'm uncertain about this Steam thing and assumed it is something for online gameplay. All I have now are files and I cannot trace back the directory. I don't see any filename that contain word like 'save'.

Grateful for any help. Would rather not waste time playng from the start and spend some time getting my latest plane ready for maiden instead

Thanks!

Comment

Problem solved. The files are SVG files.
            I played from the start just to get to save. Checked where the new folders/files are. Found the new folders/files that were created. Deleted the newly created SVG files there. Copy all the SVG files that were recovered and paste them into the save folders.
            And I'm back in business chasing Sheperd in the caves of Afghanistan again.
            Thanks SH for responding. Greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
            X