Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car insurance

i've been looking around for car insurance and the online quotations are all for renewals only. where can i get free quotations for first timer applications?
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Try this : http://www.aviva.com.sg/car-insurance/index.html
    Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

I just bought my insurance from aviva too. so much cheaper than my axa. how much cheaper, about 35% less.

Comment

First timer's insurance are always ex.. becoz you got 0 NCB for a start...

Comment

Call Citibank and ask for quote. I've Tokio Marine from them. Lowest quote although there are some exceptions but I can live with them.

Comment

If you staying around Orchard Rd or Bukit Timah pls opt for flood coverage hahah... all the best with the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BullTerrier View Post
              If you staying around Orchard Rd or Bukit Timah pls opt for flood coverage hahah... all the best with the hunt.
              Yah opt for flood coverage....necessary but don't need to opt for EARTHQUAKES coverage.... or is it necessary as well ?????

Comment

thanks for the headsup guys. very useful links there. i was wondering if it is wise to get the car under my dad's name? i can potentially save up to 60% or more on insurance...
                JR 9x
                Raptor 50 SE
                Raptor 90 3D
                Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

You could do that but usually if the named drivers are first timers, your dad's policy will be adjusted as well or coverage restricted. You should get your own since you need to start building a track record anyway - if the car is not new or too expensive the premium will be manageable even if you have 0 NCD.

Had a friend who drove her BMW through a flash flood in Malaysia and it was a good thing her policy covers flooding so her entire engine and gearbox was replaced. Not all policies provide this so you should check on this.

Sometime last year wifey drove through a red light and whacked her car pretty bad. Repair cost 30K but we had a NCD protector so her 50% NCD was intact though of course her renewal premium went up by a bit. It was a hobson's choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng View Post
                    thanks for the headsup guys. very useful links there. i was wondering if it is wise to get the car under my dad's name? i can potentially save up to 60% or more on insurance...
                    Congrats on getting your very first set of wheels! Yes, you can save the money on insurance but your dad has to name you as one of the drivers.

Also the car also affects the cost of insurance. For some odd reason, all the insurers I got a quote from quoted me high for my mitsubishi lancer while my pal's corolla got soo much cheaper! maybe lancer is well known for being a beng car which gets in more accidents....
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

could i just confirm that the ncd from a single person can only be used on a single car? eg: my dad already has one car, can he use his ncd to buy mine?
                      JR 9x
                      Raptor 50 SE
                      Raptor 90 3D
                      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

One person is only entitled to one NCD. Your car under your dad's name will not enjoy the current NCD he has.
                        Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

thanks guys, got my insurance and ride settled.

JR 9x
                          Raptor 50 SE
                          Raptor 90 3D
                          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng View Post
                            thanks guys, got my insurance and ride settled.
                            Well Done. rear wheel drive good to slide around, be very careful when coming around bends and curves. Unless you are practicing sliding. Yeah..

Cheers
                            Cool

Comment

Originally posted by CoolMX View Post
                              Well Done. rear wheel drive good to slide around, be very careful when coming around bends and curves. Unless you are practicing sliding. Yeah..

Cheers
                              Cool
                              hm...not intending to slide around...might be very costly to do so. i just changed out the sound system...everything is near perfect now. very good fc also
                              JR 9x
                              Raptor 50 SE
                              Raptor 90 3D
                              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21

Comment

Working...
                              X