Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misleading Advertising thread

Hi all, i have some questions to ask you. I just bought a RC heli from a fellow member, but have found out some problems to it.
    1. The tail feather is missing
    2. There is a crack in the canopy
    3. The screws needed to attached the canopy and landing skid to the heli is also missing.
    4. When i throttle up to half way throttle, the heli will start vibrating.

In his advertisement thread, he states that the heli is brand new, so i had thought it would be in working condition. But out came all these problems and with my limited knowledge of helis, i would like to have a refund and maybe source out for a more perfect heli. But yet the seller refuses and says that he is selling for his friend and i have to wait for his friend, who is overseas to come back then i discuss with his friend. But god knows when will he be back, and by the time he is back, he will definitely push the blame to me. Then when i call the seller, he refuses to answer his phone.

So to all bros out there, i would like to ask whether i have the right to ask for a refund? And if the seller refuses to refund the heli to me, can i take legal action?

Originally posted by shoyn View Post
    Hi all, i have some questions to ask you. I just bought a RC heli from a fellow member, but have found out some problems to it.
    3. The screws needed to attached the canopy and landing skid to the heli is also missing.

In his advertisement thread, he states that the heli is brand new, so i had thought it would be in working condition. But out came all these problems and with my limited knowledge of helis, i would like to have a refund and maybe source out for a more perfect heli. But yet the seller refuses and says that he is selling for his friend and i have to wait for his friend, who is overseas to come back then i discuss with his friend. But god knows when will he be back, and by the time he is back, he will definitely push the blame to me. Then when i call the seller, he refuses to answer his phone.

So to all bros out there, i would like to ask whether i have the right to ask for a refund? And if the seller refuses to refund the heli to me, can i take legal action?
    Bro,
    My 2cents worth comment:-
    When buying 2nd / 3rd hand stuffs from forum, it always carry a risk factor, it will be good if he / she can show u whether the heli is in good working / flying condition b4 u buy, if u're a newbie like me, always good to bring an old bird (experienced flyer) along with u, no harm... (remember to treat the person lunch / coffee later),
    thxs

Comment

Thank you for commenting. The buyer says that he is a plane flyer so he cant fly the heli. Then also, is his advertisement, he says its brand new, so i thought it was in working condition. Never thought this would happen. Now i just want my money back.

Comment

Err bro, wat u mean by 'tail feather' is missing? Is it d vertical fin/stabilizer?
        Anyways, keep trying to ctc d seller till u get some sort of response. Taking legal action mite b possible but is bit too extreme for now. If d seller said to wait for d owner to come back, den I guess u'll hv yo wait. Didn't u chk in front of d seller n point out to him d missing/broken parts? While waiting, u shud take pics of d damaged parts to keep as proof/reference. If still fail to ctc seller, u can post here again to inform other members.
        Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Originally posted by wantime View Post
          Err bro, wat u mean by 'tail feather' is missing? Is it d vertical fin/stabilizer?
          Anyways, keep trying to ctc d seller till u get some sort of response. Taking legal action mite b possible but is bit too extreme for now. If d seller said to wait for d owner to come back, den I guess u'll hv yo wait. Didn't u chk in front of d seller n point out to him d missing/broken parts? While waiting, u shud take pics of d damaged parts to keep as proof/reference. If still fail to ctc seller, u can post here again to inform other members.
          Its the parts where it connects the servo rod to the tail, so without that i have no control of the rudder. I kept calling him and smsing him and he usually replies very late at night. Ok, i shall take some pictures as evidence. I checked, but being a heli noob, i didn't know that the essential part is missing, cos i normally check the exterior and see whether its ok, then plus that time it was quite late a night so couldn't see that clearly. I too feel that taking legal action is too much, but if he still refuses to refund my money then i would have no choice. In my opinion, i don't think waiting for the owner is a good idea.

Comment

Make heli flyable again...

Its the parts where it connects the servo rod to the tail, so without that i have no control of the rudder. I kept calling him and smsing him and he usually replies very late at night. Ok, i shall take some pictures as evidence. I checked, but being a heli noob, i didn't know that the essential part is missing, cos i normally check the exterior and see whether its ok, then plus that time it was quite late a night so couldn't see that clearly. I too feel that taking legal action is too much, but if he still refuses to refund my money then i would have no choice. In my opinion, i don't think waiting for the owner is a good idea.
            How much did u paid him ???
            What's the model of heli...., maybe we can help u find the missing parts to make this heli flyable again,
            thxs

Comment

I paid him $250. I am also not sure of the heli model, but i know its a T rex 450 clone. But besides that, still have the vibration of the heli when i throttle up. I think the main shaft may be bent.

Comment

Get parts...

I paid him $250. I am also not sure of the heli model, but i know its a T rex 450 clone. But besides that, still have the vibration of the heli when i throttle up. I think the main shaft may be bent.
                Most likely, main shaft and feather shaft are bent and that's what causing the vibration of yr heli..., maybe can get parts from Mr.Pang, heliguru.sg
                thxs

Comment

Bro shoyn, whr u stay? If nearby I can help look see. Maybe if I hv spares I can pass to u first. Or I can help u c which parts r missing. If minor repairs or replacement, no nid to pursue la. Jus concentrate on getting yr heli flyable. If a lot to replace, den u go ahead chase d fella. If he still refuse den up to u on yr nx step. Believe in karma, wat goes around comes around.
                  Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

I think you paid too much for the 450 clone if it is just the heli only. Does it come also with servos, motor and esc...??? What are the parts you r missing? I might have a spare complete CopterX 450 head and tail in my parts box. B glad to help out a fellow heli newbie...

Comment

I am interested abt the deal since it mentioned brand new and you got a junk instead.

Please PM me the link and I will seek an explanation from the seller.

I hate seller trying to cover up defects and try to max profit gain ... what comes around goes around .... so don reap newbie off.

Mike

Comment

Thank you all for the reply. I am missing the connector where the servo rod connects the tail rudder. I paid $250 for everything except tx and rx, i must say its a good buy, but under this condition, the price is going to balloon above $250 if i were to buy the other spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                          I am interested abt the deal since it mentioned brand new and you got a junk instead.

Please PM me the link and I will seek an explanation from the seller.

I hate seller trying to cover up defects and try to max profit gain ... what comes around goes around .... so don reap newbie off.

Mike
                          Sure, i will send you the link.

Comment

Thank you all for the reply. I am missing the connector where the servo rod connects the tail rudder. I paid $250 for everything except tx and rx, i must say its a good buy, but under this condition, the price is going to balloon above $250 if i were to buy the other spare parts.
                            From you description, r u referring to the plastic connector with the ball or without the ball ?

Comment

In his advertisement thread, he states that the heli is brand new, so i had thought it would be in working condition. ..
                              Bro, I'm sympathetic to your position, being a newbie once myself seeking 'pre-owned' stuff on the forum. But in the real world, it's really "buyer-beware", more so in singapore where there is very little consumer protection - even for the stuff that you buy from established stores, not to mention dealing privately on a forum.

The seller could easily turn around and say he handed it to you 'brand-new' and you caused the resulting defects through mishandling, right? It's very hard to prove without witnesses and even then you need to go through legal means.

A basic check can be easily done through the forum search function, before going ahead to buy. Search the buyer's previous posting - it's useful to find out sometimes if the heli has been offered for sale before, or the seller has been trying hard to sell it, or the seller has previously asked "how to fix this problem, ah?", "i saw smoke coming out, and now it doesn't work anymore" - basically, beware!
                              ------------------------------
                              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Working...
                              X