Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for air humidifier?

Price range and functions? Thanks!

R u looking for a humidifier or a dehumidifier?

I can't think of a reason why anybody would want a humidifier in Singapore as it is already constantly 75-80% humidity everyday.
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

Humidifier for aircon room lah In aircon room the humidity goes down to 30-40% which is not very good.. Want to get a humidifier to bring it up to about 60%, so yep, hopefully looking for a model that can set specific humidity level.

Did some research.. Looks like Novita is a popular brand?

Comment

haha you must be turning your temperature till very low
        F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
        F5D Stratair Demon
        F5D Jibe
        Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
        Voodoo S400
        Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
        La Racer 56

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
          Price range and functions? Thanks!

Hi Simon,

we uses humidifier in our bed room as the room gets too dry,
          and usually when we wake up in the morning, our nostril & throat seemed soared.

there are many brands in the market, some with lights etc....
          total I've bought about 3 humidifiers in 10yrs. reason is, those cheap ones abt $30 range spoilts easily. So its beter to get slightly more established brands or range about $60 and above....

Carrefour, Giant, Best Denki, Courts sells them.

But one thing is, you must really take care of these humidifier as the tape water usually produces scales and clouds around the humidifier generator metal parts. Besides using the bundled small brush to clean the humidifier when I top up water, I was adviced to clean it with diluted vinegar to rid the scales.

You will definitely feel the difference especially those with sensitive nose or when the cold air blown directly at your face when you sleep and wake up with a "too-dry" throat or nose....

hope this helps.
          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Try browsing the sharp roxy site. I know they used to make a purifier and humidifier in one unit. A bit ex... but good brand...and proven...

Comment

Thanks for your inputs guys! I got the EuropAce one, under $100 and works very nicely! Definitely feel a difference when I wake up in the morning and the throat doesn't feel as dry as before. Less tendency for nose block also and you don't feel like you are breathing in the cold (dry) air..

I usually set my aircon to only 26 deg hor.. Not like those who set to 20 deg then have to wear thick PJs and socks etc.. So funnee

Comment

Thanks for your inputs guys! I got the EuropAce one, under $100 and works very nicely! Definitely feel a difference when I wake up in the morning and the throat doesn't feel as dry as before. Less tendency for nose block also and you don't feel like you are breathing in the cold (dry) air..

I usually set my aircon to only 26 deg hor.. Not like those who set to 20 deg then have to wear thick PJs and socks etc.. So funnee
                Yes Europace is another good brand. But don't set your humidity too high or you will find alot of fine water droplets on your furnishings. Enjoy !!!

Comment

Haha ya that's the problem with the lower end models cos you can't exactly set the humidity level that you want.. So I'm also not sure what is a good setting (I currently turn it on to only 1/4 power)...

Comment

Haha ya that's the problem with the lower end models cos you can't exactly set the humidity level that you want.. So I'm also not sure what is a good setting (I currently turn it on to only 1/4 power)...
                    About 70% RH will be fine. You can get one of these RH meter to check it...

Comment

If its a bedroom, you can consider putting a plate and filling it up with water, place it near bedside.

For bigger areas, a small pond or water-decor type of structure is good enough.

Comment

i think you guys can try osim one..i think its a humidifier for $100 dol sthing..

Comment

Hmm anybody knows what's the best humidity level? Mine room with aircon seems to be around 55% and after I turn on the humidifier (at lowest settings), it is around 65%.

Been surfing the net and it seems like 40-50% is good? In that case, is it probably not necessary to use a humidifier in the first place? :P

Comment

Between 60-70% is the ideal. Any thing lower is too dry and any thing higher, too wet...

Comment

Thanks bro. Sounds more reasonable compared to what the websites say (30-40%), but I guess that's for the colder climates. Now thinking of getting one for the office :P

Comment

Working...
                              X