Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make battery powered hot wire cutter?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make battery powered hot wire cutter?

... i know that i need stuffs like washers, screws, PVC Pipes, D'cell batteries, D'cell battery holder ... so what kind of wire and how do i connect it up?

thin piano wire...

tension the wire on a brace that you may construct... pass a current thru the wire and hope that while cutting, the wire don't sag and break
    The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
      thin piano wire...

tension the wire on a brace that you may construct... pass a current thru the wire and hope that while cutting, the wire don't sag and break
      Will those guitar string work?

Comment

Originally posted by sham2951 View Post
        you can try.. but the ridges of the guitar wire string would make the cutting very irregular and rough
        The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by sham2951 View Post
          Yes guitar string will work. Use d first string. Jus make sure u loop d string thru d 'end ring' of d string b4 u fasten tt end to yr frame.
          Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer View Post
            you can try.. but the ridges of the guitar wire string would make the cutting very irregular and rough
            Just made a research, what need is Nichrome wire. Thanks guess all i need are settled.

Comment

Working...
            X