Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pending custom inspection

hi pals, just need your help if you have encounter such case before.
    my items that is being ship form HK,
    is however being keep at the Singapore customs under IDA.
    they just sent me a letter,
    however the letter was not very clear.
    they mention about emailing the IDA in charge.

does this means that i have to get their approval and then i can make my way down to ICA building for collection?

any advice on what i should do?

Originally posted by stranger View Post
    hi pals, just need your help if you have encounter such case before.
    my items that is being ship form HK,
    is however being keep at the Singapore customs under IDA.
    they just sent me a letter,
    however the letter was not very clear.
    they mention about emailing the IDA in charge.

does this means that i have to get their approval and then i can make my way down to ICA building for collection?

any advice on what i should do?
    Did u order a tx? If u did search d forum here n u can read abt how some members here go abt handling it.
    Conquer Your Stick!!

Comment

This is what I knew, but not sure whether it still the same.

Only radio equipment with type approval given by IDA and sold by authorised dealer, will be exempted from testing. Upon purchase, you just need to produce the invoice or receipt issued by the authorised dealer and you can apply for the radio license.

If you 'parallel import' or obtain a radio set through other means, and either the IDA came to know about your such possession through custom declaration or when you try to apply for license, your equipment will be held for testing before being given the type approval. Once it has passed, you have to apply for radio license.

For my case, the type approval test cost $50 and yearly license fee is $25.

Comment

thanks, i did not buy any tx,
        i brought the KDS fly mentor and a nitro heli kit, along with some lipos and some spare parts.
        so all i have to do is to go down to the IAC building and bring along the purchase invoice to collect the items myself?

Comment

erm.... i onli have experience of bringing in tx...
          if nt... i juz share wit u my experience...

i kena stopped by custom...
          then b4 i received letter...
          i sent email of my invoice to ida...
          they endorse it...
          i send the endorsed email to singpost...
          they continue the delivery...
          maybe u can call ida and ask why they "on hold" your parcel?

Comment

okay will call ida soon.
            i try calling the customs today.
            was on the line for more than 30mins before someone pick it up, and say they do not take care of this.

Comment

hmmm

bro u can refer to this thread.... hope it helps

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
              sigpic

Comment

That's what happen to me when i bought my first heli, a Walkera 5#10 coaxial RTF. It comes with a 2.4 GHz transmitter and when it came in it got stuck at customs. They sent me a note that i have to check with IDA for clearance. Took copies of the heli description and seller's invoice down to IDA (you can even fax it to them) for endorsement with the IDA chop and signature by them and then off to the Paya Lebar PO to collect my parcel.

From what i experience, you will not have any problem in bring in kits, scale fuselages and parts but anything electronics like TX n Rx they are a litlle sensitive to these issues.

From here on i will never want to buy any Tx or Rx or RTF heli on line again. Prefer to get it here although slightly more ex and also the warranty issues as well...

Comment

i have no issue for the past one year buying electronics and some rtf planes.
                  it could be due to the Christmas season, so checks are more strict.
                  thanks for the help.
                  merry Christmas to all

Comment

Working...
                  X