Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 or vista..?

Hi to all
    I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

Vista , as many will know , has SHITLOADS of bugs and problems. If i were you , i will go for Windows 7 64bit system.

Windows 7 has taken on a more " Mac " layout as well !
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

No need to ask.. Of course Windows 7.

I used both Windows 7 and Windows Vista before and I find that Vista tend to be more buggy.

The Windows "Peek" function is the most function that I frequenly used...especially if u open a lot of windows.

I assume u are referring to normal laptop. If u are referring to netbook, then I recommend u to go for at least 2GB of RAM for it to run Windows 7.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic View Post
        Windows 7 has taken on a more " Mac " layout as well !
        IMHO, not more like "Mac"...but more like a mixture of "Mac" and Linux running on KDE 4.3 with Compiz or KWin enabled.

SH

Comment

speaking about this! i was running on vista, den recently just brought window 7.

AND the next thing i know is... school is giving FREE window 7 to student as exam welfare package! DAMN IT!!
          sigpic

Helis:
          Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
          Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
          Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
          Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
          Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

windows 7. Been using the RC version for like more than 1/2 a year. No lag. Just that the aero effect thing can be quite picky on the graphics driver. Not really a problem now because most manufacturers are starting to support win 7 drivers.

As for vista...it is nothing more than a battery sucker and resource hog. Just my opinion.

Anyway new laptops now should be either win 7 or vista with free win 7 upgrade.

sigpic

Comment

I posted this before:

"The folks at ZDNET stopped people in the streets of Sydney and showed them KDE 4. The unique part of this is that they told them it was Windows 7. The majority of the people liked the new OS and would switch to it, but more importantly, they continued to say how hard it was to navigate Vista.

So you have to wonder if Microsoft really needed to spend all of that money developing Windows 7 or if they could have just given Vista a more friendly UI, hid some other features and then called it Windows 7? After all, most people are calling Windows 7 a service pack for Vista.

In my experience Windows 7 is much more friendly and easier to customize and work inside of than Vista, and does blow away any UI for Linux. What do you think?

You can watch the ZDNET video below to see the demo and the people’s reactions."

Comment

Originally posted by nikdevid View Post
                Hi to all
                I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
                Hi,
                Can you please help me?
                I am little bit confuse.

Comment

Originally posted by nikdevid View Post
                  Hi,
                  Can you please help me?
                  I am little bit confuse.
                  Hi nikdevid,

Vista requires a lot of system memory and high-performance system.
                  however, it is also buggy.

Get Windows7 is my recommendation. its like an improved version over WinXP.
                  whereas Vista is like an improved version of Windows2000.

balance of budget, performance requirements,etc...Windows7 will be a beter choice.

my advice is , wait till end of this month Sitex2009, I'm sure many goodies awaiting us....

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

having problems installing my window 7.

"There is not enough free space to store temporary Windows installation files. Try using Disk Cleanup, uninstall old programs, or move files to an external location such as a CD, DVD, or external hard drive. "

i got more den enough space in fact. and i also tried doing disk cleanup. still same.

any suggestions?
                    sigpic

Helis:

Comment

Don't do upgrade install. Prefer to do fresh install instead (That is, format the partition)

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                        Don't do upgrade install. Prefer to do fresh install instead (That is, format the partition)

SH
                        didnt wanted to do fresh install as will have to reinstall back programs.

so no other way to solve it but only to do fresh install?
                        sigpic

Helis:

Comment

Off track a little. Between Win XP Pro and Windows 7, which one is preferred?

I know to each of its own, but I would like to have a general idea.

I just bought a notebook, it was pre installed w XP Pro which I am very familiar with. And it also comes w upgrade CD for Windows 7 Pro. I am just wondering if I should do the upgrade.....

Thks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post

I just bought a notebook, it was pre installed w XP Pro which I am very familiar with. And it also comes w upgrade CD for Windows 7 Pro. I am just wondering if I should do the upgrade.....

Thks

Mike
                            I'm running Windows7 now, previously was on XP.
                            Both are similar if u ask me but of course, newer always feels better

Comment

Hi Mike,
                              some old programs may not run well in Windows7 (or may not work at all).
                              You need to install WinXp into Windows7 to create a dual mode system in this case. Stick to WinXP / Pro first, wait half year later then update to Windows 7 when things are more stablised.

cheers!

Originally posted by HZM View Post

Thks

Mike
                              Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Working...
                              X