Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X100!! Argghhh. Dun remind me... Poison poison.. Go away, go away....

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
      We came from Canon DSLR & Panasonic LX-3.

Use a lot of LX-3 then we sold off our DSLR gear and went with E-P1.

Holding horse for E-P2 till E-P3 came out.

Very satisfied with E-P1 thats why the day E-P3 launched, we cheong ....

u notice I use the word "We" ... dabiddo is a poisonous guy ... keep clear
      I am also looking at getting such camera after my fren showed me and let me use his Nex 5.

Is this better than Nex 5???

Comment

I heard nex 5 not bad, had no try my hands on it.

But so far I like the olympus colour output. No need to sharpen or touch up after shooting. The pics i shown earlier on is at Vivo Page One bookstore. The lighting there is a little dim and warm. The colour of the pics is very accurate and show exactly the enviroment.

The other important issue is M4/3 system. I don remember Nex5 is a M4/3 system, only Sony lens can use on them. For M4/3, now olympus and panasonic into it, we expecting more mfr going in it. So far both olympus and panasonic lens are interchangeable.

Infact for the pics shown, I shoot it with Panasonic M4/3 20mm F1.7 prime lens.

Mike

Comment

Sony nex series, especially the coming new models, have much better sensor over the m4/3. Limited choices in compact size lens though. M4/3, that is those mirrorless camera from olympus and panasonic, have a lot more compact sized lenses. It probably wouldn't matter at all if you are just sticking with the provided kit lens till the camera or lens spoils. Note that the photo format are different, one is 4:3, the other is 3:2.

As a user of both dslr and m4/3, I find the m4/3 to be much better than a compact camera, but still lacking in some areas when compared to even older dslr.

sigpic

Comment

Laws of physics still apply, at least for now.
            If u wan it small, something got to go...

100 years from now, we'll be taking pictures with our own eyes and transfer them wirelessly thru brainwaves to each other!

Comment

So which is good?

Nex 5
              Ever since Panasonic and Olympus created their Micro Four Thirds mirrorless system, all the talk has been about what the other players in the market will do. Micro Four Thirds has been steadily building its market share, seemingly without response from the three companies that account for over 80% of DSLR sales (Canon, Nikon and Sony), to the extent that 'Micro' risks becoming the generic term for these mirrorless systems ('When will Brand X make a Micro camera?' has become a fairly common thread title on our forums).

or E-P3
              The Olympus PEN E-P3 looks a lot like its forebears - not just the E-P1 and E-P2 but, just as significantly, the company's film era Pen F camera. Significantly because, in an age in which the major electronics giants are building their photographic presence, Olympus is one of only a handful of companies with genuine heritage to turn to. And, despite modern cameras making high image quality more accessible than ever, there is an undeniable reverence for the look and feel of 1960s cameras.

Will be looking for the IT fair next weekend. Just to look see look see.

Comment

i don like to buy at IT show, a lot of freebies which at times not so useful.

Give a ring to Paris silk and Ms Colour, by far the most competitive shop on camera.

OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS !

Comment

i don like to buy at IT show, a lot of freebies which at times not so useful.

Give a ring to Paris silk and Ms Colour, by far the most competitive shop on camera.

OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS OLYMPUS !
                  Not buying anything yet lah. Just wana read more b4 I jump in. Also Nex 7 is coming too.

But I really got interested when my fren showed me his Nex 5 last thursday followed by this thread.

Comment

Faster buy buy then shoot my HELI before it is too late

Comment

dun mention X100 here .... very sensitive hor .... we nearly got it as well

I had been reading abt it, what stopping me is autofocus. X100 bear similarity of a range finder. No autofocus .... i not good. To use the X100 effectively, you need to know manual focus / superimpose focusing method which I am lousy. Infact they claim if you are good in zone focusing, its faster than AF ....

Anyway, till x100 comes with interchangeable lens, otherwise I will be at the fence.

Mike
                      If you're refering to Hyper-focusing, ...actually it's no big deal.

Yeah, the lack of interchangable lens kinda kills the 'need' in getting one !

Heard Sony's working on a FF nex ...that'll really be something !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                        Not buying anything yet lah. Just wana read more b4 I jump in. Also Nex 7 is coming too.

But I really got interested when my fren showed me his Nex 5 last thursday followed by this thread.
                        The Nex 7 is in a different category, should be available by year's end but if you can't wait, I suggest the just released Nex C3 (which replaces the Nex 3)
                        It is smaller than the Nex 5 and has better IQ then the Nex 5 ...so until the Nex 5N (or Nex 7) becomes available, this would be the Nex to get.

Just to clear any confusion:

1) Nex 3 and Nex 5 available now (Nex 3 clearing out at most shops).
                        2) Nex C3 just launched and replaces Nex 3.
                        3) Nex 5N will be launch together with the Alpha A77 and A65
                        4) Nex 7 to be announced and launch around end of the year.

This is how I rate the 2 systems:

1) Number of lens available = M4/3 (Invalid if you won't buy more than 2 lens)

2) Image Quality = Nex due to the APS-C sensor (Slight edge here and only if you have a habit of zooming in when viewing your pictures)

3) High ISO = Nex (Images taken at ISO1600 are still usable compared to ISO400 for the M4/3)

4) Buttons and control = M4/3 (Feels much closer to the traditional range finder cameras, the Nex feels like using an Iphone camera with it's menu driven controls)

5) Size = Nex (the camera body is SMALL like PnS size but with the APS-C Nex lens mounted, it not so small anymore)

But in the end it really goes down to how you feel about the system, best to go down and hold/feel the camera to see if you like it !!!

Comment

So which is good?

Nex 5
                          Ever since Panasonic and Olympus created their Micro Four Thirds mirrorless system, all the talk has been about what the other players in the market will do. Micro Four Thirds has been steadily building its market share, seemingly without response from the three companies that account for over 80% of DSLR sales (Canon, Nikon and Sony), to the extent that 'Micro' risks becoming the generic term for these mirrorless systems ('When will Brand X make a Micro camera?' has become a fairly common thread title on our forums).

or E-P3
                          The Olympus PEN E-P3 looks a lot like its forebears - not just the E-P1 and E-P2 but, just as significantly, the company's film era Pen F camera. Significantly because, in an age in which the major electronics giants are building their photographic presence, Olympus is one of only a handful of companies with genuine heritage to turn to. And, despite modern cameras making high image quality more accessible than ever, there is an undeniable reverence for the look and feel of 1960s cameras.

Will be looking for the IT fair next weekend. Just to look see look see.
                          Sometimes sony is really selling cheaper at IT show because they bundle so many freebies. Other brands all will be more expensive than camera shops.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                            The Nex 7 is in a different category, should be available by year's end but if you can't wait, I suggest the just released Nex C3 (which replaces the Nex 3)
                            It is smaller than the Nex 5 and has better IQ then the Nex 5 ...so until the Nex 5N (or Nex 7) becomes available, this would be the Nex to get.

Just to clear any confusion:

1) Nex 3 and Nex 5 available now (Nex 3 clearing out at most shops).
                            2) Nex C3 just launched and replaces Nex 3.
                            3) Nex 5N will be launch together with the Alpha A77 and A65
                            4) Nex 7 to be announced and launch around end of the year.

This is how I rate the 2 systems:

1) Number of lens available = M4/3 (Invalid if you won't buy more than 2 lens)

2) Image Quality = Nex due to the APS-C sensor (Slight edge here and only if you have a habit of zooming in when viewing your pictures)

3) High ISO = Nex (Images taken at ISO1600 are still usable compared to ISO400 for the M4/3)

4) Buttons and control = M4/3 (Feels much closer to the traditional range finder cameras, the Nex feels like using an Iphone camera with it's menu driven controls)

5) Size = Nex (the camera body is SMALL like PnS size but with the APS-C Nex lens mounted, it not so small anymore)

But in the end it really goes down to how you feel about the system, best to go down and hold/feel the camera to see if you like it !!!
                            Funny that u mention the Nex 5N. Cos Sony just email me their newsletter launching the new Nex 5N.

Perfect for travels, this new addition to the α NEX range delivers the high performance and picture quality you desire in an amazingly compact size.

Me in no hurry to get any camera. Just want to read more abt it b4 jumping in. I have molested and used my fren's Nex 5 already. Really compact in size. But the thing that is stopping me is a viewfinder!!! The Nex 5N will have one as option but it cost USD300 just for the viewfnder.

Comment

Funny that u mention the Nex 5N. Cos Sony just email me their newsletter launching the new Nex 5N.

Perfect for travels, this new addition to the α NEX range delivers the high performance and picture quality you desire in an amazingly compact size.

Me in no hurry to get any camera. Just want to read more abt it b4 jumping in. I have molested and used my fren's Nex 5 already. Really compact in size. But the thing that is stopping me is a viewfinder!!! The Nex 5N will have one as option but it cost USD300 just for the viewfnder.
                              I think they are planning the 5N launch at the coming Comex2011 show, funny how so many places advertising it but got no price to show !

Anyway, the Nex cameras are not for those who places high importance on the eye viewfinder ...they're meant mainly to shoot with the LCD screen.
                              I think maybe about 5% of those with Nex will buy the EVF.

If you insist on an EVF and the Nex, your best bet would be the Nex 7...
                              This one has all the bells and whistle of the A77 and all in a compact package !

Comment

After more than a year, finally bought it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X