Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving G plate vehicle into M'sia

Hi Guys,

Am new to this and can't find any info from onemotoring or other local sites.

How do I apply license to drive a Gplate commercial vehicle into malaysia?
    What's the procedures like?
    Any typical imposed surcharge per vehicle, etc..??
    Would the speed limit of 70kph be imposed to us on M'sia highway?
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

appreciate any inputs...thanks in advance.
    [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Depends on the type of comm vehicle you use, a Pick Up/Van/Lorry/Jeep.

It's all up to our M'sian counterpart. From the info I've received during my heyday van drivg experience, you need to provide a letter from your company on why you need to bring the 'van' into M'sia, for example, u need to send a sample to supplier/customer. A permit will be produced by the M'sian checkpoint, also, DO check or call LTA n ICA in regards to permits for bringing in an enclosed van to M'sia.

For pick up truck, as long as your pick up truck has an extra cabin for passengers, something like the new Toyota hilux, there's no problem, same goes with Jeep. You can go through the normal car checkpoint, as the m'sian counterpart recognise the pick up truck as a normal passenger car.

Lorry, for sure no problem as long as you have valid license and go through the lorry checkpoints.

Anyhoo, it's best you check with the relevant gov body LTA/ICA.

cheers!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Driving G plate into M'sia

Hi,just return from a week long road trip to M'sia all the way to Hadyai /Songkla.
        nixaad is right about the type of comercial veh allowed into M'sia.But from my experience,the M'sian authorities gave no clear regulations as to what type of veh are allowed in and the permits required.

I've enquired both the M'sian and SG authorities regarding this numerous times,but all the SG authority told me was that from SG there was no restriction for any SG veh going into M'sia.But a per permit would be required for driving for a commercial SG veh into M'sia.

Just like nixaad,I ve driven Mitsubishi L300 blind vans up to Kayu hitam without any problem.My friends drive PB plate vans regularly without any problems.But I'm not sure about lorries.In short if it's a van with glass on the sides like the passenger ones then it's OK.But check with the M'sian side if there are any changes before you head up north.

Cheers.

Comment

well i was told by the ktm boss mr ong as he always org. race in MY cross country . he told me u had to be the member of the sg motor sport club .than use the club name to reg in MY LTA .the rule no commercial gd allow other than motorcyle cause it regist under lesure.mon to fri use lorry lane sat n sun pub holiday use nomal car lane as the MY cust is not on duty.at the same time must pay MY LTA rd tax abt 350buck per yr have to ck with him for enquire u can call him at 67833063 dirt wheel.

pls dont risk drive in i have pal who drive in no problem later when cum back
          pay fine sg$400 at MY cust.
          mike

Comment

Thanks for all the info....I guess it's really not worth the trouble to be using a G plate vehicle to get across the other side then...

Stallion, for Landrovers and L300 double cab pickups, do you actually need to pre-apply for license/permit or just simply drive in?
            Do customs actually look at your car plate or type of car?
            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by 9VDXN View Post
              Thanks for all the info....I guess it's really not worth the trouble to be using a G plate vehicle to get across the other side then...

Stallion, for Landrovers and L300 double cab pickups, do you actually need to pre-apply for license/permit or just simply drive in?
              Do customs actually look at your car plate or type of car?
              Hi,"Technically"Landrovers fall under the SUV/MPV category and don't require any special permits.The L300 and other pickups and blind vans on the other hand,come under the "Commercial" veh category due to the "extra"cargo carrying capacity.Therefore,"Categorically" you would require a entry permit.Then again,it's really up to the M'sian authorities how they want to classify it.

As I've said before,after numerous failed attempts to get the regulatory info,I just gave up and now just drive a regular car when I go in.Maybe,some of the fellow DH members from across the causeway,could shed some light on this matter.

Comment

noted and thanks for the info...so i guess it doesn't matter whether our plate is a G plate or SGx registration.....just boils down to the immigrations officer's mood on that day of entry...

Typical yeah?
                [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                X