Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody still play squash nowadays?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody still play squash nowadays?

Lost touch with the racket technology leow. Saw the Wilson nanocarbon for around $100, is this good? I play tennis more, still using their hypercarbon tennis racket and love it. They have some k-control range but almost $200 so don't think I will go for that...

Appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks!

Haha, I used to be on the school squash squad -- 24 yrs ago. Put me in the court now and there better be a couple of paramedics on standby... I don't think I'll last 10mins! Sorry bro, I really lost touch of the equipment available these days.

Comment

Haha ok, still love my Wilson hyper carbon tennis racquet, so ended up getting their nano carbon squash racquet as well.

There are two styles of playing :

1. Competitive - I hit the ball away from you, you hit the ball away from me
      2. Old man - I hit the ball to you, you hit the ball to me

If you're up to it, join me for a game of the 2nd style haha. Don't worry, I don't want to risk getting a heart attack either :P

Comment

haha , im like 18 and i play squash

its really a under played game , very little teenagers my age knows how to play it these days , so im playing with my bro and my dad ... and i like the first one better

1. Competitive - I hit the ball away from you, you hit the ball away from me
        more exercise ... im not to familiar with the raquets though , mine is freakin heavy

Comment

Haha heavy? You don't know heavy until you've played with wooden racquets

Technology has come a long long way... Back then with those racquets, you could literally feel the vibration all the way down your whole arm if you didn't hit the ball properly :P

I feel my Wilson nano carbon ace is already very light - around 190kg. I bought another spare cheaper racquet ($70) and that's like 160g. The higher end model is around 145g.

But can you imagine, even such racquets nowadays are dirt cheap, like for $50 you can already get a Titanium racquet which is more than good enough for the weekend warrior.

Comment

Working...
          X