Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goods Van can go malaysia?

Hi Guys,

I just recently registered a company and I need a van for my business (aiyah also for R/c needs hhehe). I was wondering, van (like kangoo etc) can go jb not? Is there a permit required or just chiong go inside? If permit is required where to get? Do I have to get it in Sg or Malaysia.....

Cheers

Vans to My

Hi,
    I have often wonder about this issue for sometime.

My various enquiry led me no where. I have tracked Singapore Van driving into Malaysia using 2nd link and clearing Immigration with no problem and also seeing them back via JB in Singapore.

The issue is that Goods vehicle must officially use the Custom Clearance lane to clear when you drive into Singapore. Most of the time, small blind vans are not re-directed. But that does not mean you will not get into trouble when they impose their regulations. (Malaysian Authorities charges a Toll for Each Good vehicle or Lorry coming into Singapore not too sure now, last I know RM200.00) .

If you are free, you may want to check Malaysian High Comm in Singapore, hopefully they have answer for you. Alternatively drive down to JB and go to their Vehicular Checking centre at Taman Daya. Again my understanding is that your vehicular need to be registered and approved (criteria you must have Office in both Sin and My)and they will issue a sticker to paste on vehicle on Speed Limit. Most of the guys driving Van into Malaysia, buy these stickers and stick themselves. (They take Risk).

The grey area is, don't be caught for bring goods out into Singapore, you can be charged for Customs / Export Permits etc.

So you decide, perhaps if you manage to seek out their Clearance, please get it Officially in Ink and Post for benefit of all Forum readers.

Good luck
    Vifo

Comment

Call me for guidance..... my expertise in this.. doing these when i was with exklusiv light commercial vehicles..

Comment

Originally posted by Shann
        Call me for guidance..... my expertise in this.. doing these when i was with exklusiv light commercial vehicles..
        I am also interested. Will there be much cost involved. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shann

shann,....why not just post for all to see???
          TREX 500 ESP
          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

My last check with the Malaysian high comm regarding this.....

1) Sg's got no objection for good vehicle going in...

2) upon clearing custom...we gotta go buy their 'road tax' and get the speed limit sticker
            TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Goods Van to Malaysia

Hi,

It will be nice for those who are successful to Register and Drive into Malayisa to post in the Forum to explain their Experience.

Thank you
              Vifo

Comment

Yehaa this make me feel i one of the lucky owner...i been travelling in and out of JB with my van...i purchase the van 5 years ago before they implement company registered..thus my van is under personal name...what i did is that i registered in singapore and registered a sub office in JB if u need the form mail me i will fax or mail u....
                To Buy Lists

a) RX Crytal 29.800 Futaba
                ---------------------------------
                Spacewalker

Comment

Goods Van to Malaysia

Hi,
                  How much have you got to pay for the Road Tax to Malaysia?.
                  Can you carry more than 2 passenger, besides driver?
                  Did you ever carry goods (commercial goods out?) without getting into trouble?
                  Are you using normal Immigration and Customs lane (like normal private car?)
                  Is it very troublesome to register with their authoritites?.
                  Thanks for comment or reply in advance.
                  Vifo

Comment

Originally posted by Vifo
                    Hi,
                    How much have you got to pay for the Road Tax to Malaysia?.
                    Can you carry more than 2 passenger, besides driver?
                    Did you ever carry goods (commercial goods out?) without getting into trouble?
                    Are you using normal Immigration and Customs lane (like normal private car?)
                    Is it very troublesome to register with their authoritites?.
                    Thanks for comment or reply in advance.
                    K for the rd tax its more expensive there cos of the diesel..it cost me Rm1180 for the first payment including the undertable money....Max passenger is 3 ...u can go in and out without the goods..but if have goods u need to go tru lorry lane..but better to go tru 2nd link as they operate 24hrs..and 1 link they got time which they operate..and if u dont carry any goods..u can just use the normal lane but in singapore custom u need to go tru goods lane.

Yes quite troublesome in the first place...u need letters of company registered there..under SDN BHD...not sole prop...

i think thats about all..
                    To Buy Lists

a) RX Crytal 29.800 Futaba
                    ---------------------------------
                    Spacewalker

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                      shann,....why not just post for all to see???
                      Ok.. sorry art...
                      I was sick too & warded.. discharged on the 3rf april.. straight after discharged, my company gave me alot of heavy load & tons of projects to accomplish.. haiz.. no time to go online for my own pleasure.. will post!
                      Cheers!!! Any, i couldn't type cos my hands got infections & damn swollen.. painful when moved.. so i left internet surfing for weeks..

Comment

Working...
                      X