Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTU scholarship and bursary

hi guys,

will be gettin into NTU this august. lookin to apply for scholarship or bursary so as to increase my survivability while studying.

which scholarship/bursary should i be applying for? browse through all and there is juz too much. scholarship seem hard to get as well. any one with experiences can recommend?

btw, lookin for a part time job before sch start too. if gt lobang, do update me thk!
    sigpic

Helis:
    Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
    Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
    Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
    Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
    Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

It all depends on your grades in poly or jc. Scholarships are usually not quite easy to get, especially nowadays when 6 distinction is like normal at A levels. So far the easiest to get I heard is MOE teach award, but grad liao must be teacher wor.

Typically you should apply for what is related to your course. Do note that scholarships don't come free, they usually comes with many weird events that you will need to "entertain", severely underpaid intenship during your sch holi and in some cases, extra or different modules that you must do. Of course, pro is you are guranteed a place for industrial attachement and a job when you grad.

sigpic

Comment

If you're really keen on getting a scholarship, best chances are those local awards by govt agencies, like MOE, or the military - but the downside is that you really got to love the job that comes after

Generally, scholarships awarded by big-name international MNCs are very competitive and harder to get...

If you're not fixed on a career choice yet, there are also "bursary" that comes without strings attached in uni - but you got to apply on a per semester basis. If successful, for that semester, you get a certain amount of cash - which is good cos not strings attached.

Why not ask the uni's student affairs office?? Those people are there to help you.

If you do get an interview, e.g. for engineering studies (i assume?), talk about your RC hobby to prove your aptitude and inclination for technical stuff Not many candidates can claim this...
      ------------------------------
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
      NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Working...
      X