Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy PCB Etching Chemicals?

Hi,

Anyone know where I can buy these. Seems like control stuff. or anyone here have?

Cheers.

If u referring to Ferrite Chloride solution, u can get it in Sim Lim Tower. Just tell them for PCB etching powder.

SH

Comment

Thanks,

That's what I've been looking for, but those auntie there tell me it's controlled leh..

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
      If u referring to Ferrite Chloride solution, u can get it in Sim Lim Tower. Just tell them for PCB etching powder.

SH

Comment

I bought 2 time before. Just go to top floor the escalator can bring u. Ask the shop for it. If that shop say control stuff, then u go other shop instead.

SH

Comment

Ah.. OK.. I think I know which shop you referring to.. That I did not check..

Will try.

BTW. How much did you pay for them the last time. In liquid or powder form??

Thanks..

I bought 2 time before. Just go to top floor the escalator can bring u. Ask the shop for it. If that shop say control stuff, then u go other shop instead.

SH

Comment

In powder form. I can't remember the price liau...maybe $10 or $15. It is actually in a granular form type. U know... like a small marble shape that u seen in office plant.

SH

Comment

Thank you.

In powder form. I can't remember the price liau...maybe $10 or $15. It is actually in a granular form type. U know... like a small marble shape that u seen in office plant.

SH

Comment

I am surprised it has become a controlled item if that is correct. Used to be able to pick it up along with blank PCBs and those black thread like masking tapes to do up whatever electronic circuit you are going to build from any shops in Sim Lim and Sugnei Road e.g. Peking Radio etc...

Anyway go easy with pouring the etching stuff into a basin of water, it does produce some heat. After you are done with your etching of the PCB be sure to wash the PCB very carefully to ensure there is no residue etching liquid behind or it will continue to eat up your copper and maybe cause an open circuit.

Have fun etching.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer..

I think it's because if it can eat copper, it can eat skin as well (burn).. Heard it's acidic, hence need to handle with gloves etc.... Hence the control..

Originally posted by BullTerrier View Post
                  I am surprised it has become a controlled item if that is correct. Used to be able to pick it up along with blank PCBs and those black thread like masking tapes to do up whatever electronic circuit you are going to build from any shops in Sim Lim and Sugnei Road e.g. Peking Radio etc...

Anyway go easy with pouring the etching stuff into a basin of water, it does produce some heat. After you are done with your etching of the PCB be sure to wash the PCB very carefully to ensure there is no residue etching liquid behind or it will continue to eat up your copper and maybe cause an open circuit.

Have fun etching.

Comment

Oh so fun. What project are you on? robotics?
                    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I think some ppl spoil the market by pouring it down the drain. Because of that, the chemical then eat the drain pipes (which old one might made of metal) and causes leakage.

SH

Comment

I think some ppl spoil the market by pouring it down the drain. Because of that, the chemical then eat the drain pipes (which old one might made of metal) and causes leakage.

SH
                        Or is it because of the terrorism?

Comment

The problem is that the mix solution "EAT UP" the drainage pipe(They are make of copper). They will cause the pipe to leak. That the reason they are control item.
                          Radio(s):
                          Sanwa Style
                          Futaba 4SkyPort

Plane(s):
                          Flying:
                          T-34 (Electric)

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                            Thanks for the pointer..

I think it's because if it can eat copper, it can eat skin as well (burn).. Heard it's acidic, hence need to handle with gloves etc.... Hence the control..
                            I've come into contact with the etching liquid when doing etching of my PCBs back then. Its OK. Just dont soak and keep your hands inside the basin for a period of time. If nothing else your fingers will become yellow I think.

Cant get over the fact that it is now a controlled item hahaha.

Comment

Working...
                            X