This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys...I'm stumped...

Things have not been going too well for me....

On Saturday morning...just before I went work...my mum told be something...which I couldn't really comprehend for a while...

I have a 9 yr old niece...cute...adorable...good grades and everything...I usually see her a few times a year...b/days...new year etc etc...and I'm quite close to her family....I used to stay with her dad and grandparents back in the kampong

She started having dizzy spells back in December...the parents thought she was just feeling dizzy because she sleeps late at night and started to ask her to sleep early...all's well till last monday when she started to have problems with her eyes...she couldn't look to the left..

Her parents rushed her to the polyclinic and was immediately referred to NUH...A&E..

The Doctors there..after a series of tests and such...dianoised her as having a tumour...yup...brain cancer...they found a tumour of 4cm in diametre in the brain stem....

Having a tumour in the brain stem is impossible to operate on....it's right in the middle of the brain...the docs say that there are abt 4-5 cases of this hapening to young children each year...she's one of the unfortunate ones....many doctors have seen her...all with the same verdict...max...12 mths...

Doctors in KK even advised not treating her and prolonging her sufferings...should just bring her home...treat her nice and let her go...

The only options now is radio therapy....she cannot do chemothrapy because it's gonna damage a lot of cells...and the side effects are too adverse...so only radio therapy...she''ll inprove after abt 6 weeks...and she can be back to almost normal...then it'll worsen and there's nothing much for the docs to do already..

My cousin has to make a decision on whether the kid will go for radio....or some other treatment....suddenly everybody's talking of some miracle drug...or some procedures etc etc...I'm sure it'll cost a bomb and may not work very well for the kid....

Being active christians..my cousin also have been talking to the church people...and going for healing services etc...they went to lighthouse evangelism for a healing service last saturday...faith is strong in the family...

He told me....' children are a gift from God...if he wants them back..there must be a reason we cannot understand. We'll just have to learn to obey his will....'

IT's true...I agree with whatever he said...we must obey...for God himself saw his own son in suffering on the cross...and he'll understand what we are going through....

But we also believe in God being able to change things....no matter how bad the situation is...if God will it...the situation will change.

So...friends of my cousin and us...made a pact to pray for the kid and family...everyday at 1pm....

Friends, fellow hobbist in DH...whether you're a christian or not....I'm seeking your help in the above....

Everyday at 1pm...wherever you are...whatever you are doing...stop...give some thoughts to the bubbly little gal....turning 9 yrs old....still unaware that she's so sick...still unaware that the doctors have already given her a death sentence...pray for her...pray that God will be with her...cure her...and let her live....pray that if that's not God's will...he'll be with the family when it happens...that they'll take it with faith...and obedience...

I still cannot get over the fact that a little gal like that has been passed the death sentence....

I believe prayer helps...

I strongly encourage all those with kids to be nice to them....you'll never know....

Thanks for reading...and remember...1pm everyday...just a small prayer...and a thought for the gal and her family...

Thanks again...
    Last edited by Art; 21-06-2005, 05:11 PM.
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

i am so sorry to hear about this Art.

Comment

we will pary for her.
      i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Thanks guys for the prayers...

thanks to HZM for making this a sticky

Prayer helps....prayer is powerful....

1300hrs everyday..
        TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

will pray too
          Don't PCW

Beam E4
          Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
          Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

I probably know how the parents feeling now. I nearly gone bersek when my son admitted hospital last year.

All I can hope for that poor little gal is Miracle

Mike

Comment

Best wishes to the little girl, will pray for her
              Failure is not final,
              Success is never ending:
              It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Sad to hear the unfortunate news. Will pray for her. God Bless.

Comment

This is very sad to hear something like that happen to a small little girl..
                  Best wishes to the girl and her family..

Comment

Although I not Christian but I'll still pray for her in my own way.

There is a will, there is a hope.

Best wishes to the little gal. If she needs any blood, mine's O+. Willing to donate to her.

Comment

Very sad to hear such thing happening to an innocent little gal...teddy bear for her, hope she gets well soon.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
                      (

Comment

Will do my part in praying for her

Comment

I will do my part on praying for her as well... in my way cause I'm a free thinker.

Super-Hornet

Comment

So sad to hear that Art, youre right God has his own reason why things happened but for now we dont know what is/are his reasons and only fate can tell..... all we can do right now is to pray for the child and her family. Well, I know that some things are easily said but not easily done and some things are hard to accept especially if it concerns our love ones but we should learn to accept life's challenges and realities ...........Don't worry alot of us will pray for the kid and her family,and dont be too sad you're not alone in this journey... God is with you.....

Comment

I'm really sorry to read this, best wishes to the girl and her family. Must not lose hope, although judging from the size of the tumour... only a miracle will save her..... no other treatment or medicine will help.

l will pray for her everyday.

Comment

Working...
                              X