Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone knows if there is any home audio forum in Singapore?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone knows if there is any home audio forum in Singapore?

As stated?

Just wonder if there is any guru on this?
    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
    JR Vibe 50: 01
    Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Maybe you can try...

Comment

yes echoloft is the place to go to.

Do note that hifi is the real money burning pit...

sigpic

Comment

Kum Sia..!!
        Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Simulator on Home theater

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
          As stated?

Just wonder if there is any guru on this?
          You want to connect your simulator to home theater system ?
          عبد

Comment

You got lobang?

Recently got poison by the system my friend had got.. So KPO a bit to find out more.
            Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Hifi

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
              You got lobang?

Recently got poison by the system my friend had got.. So KPO a bit to find out more.
              No lah, mine not high end set.
              Using Hafler power amp, NAD Pre-amp with my PolkAudio speaker.

Get a Hifi magazine, you will be able to see the trend.
              You will end up need a room for the new hobby.

Much more POISONOUS if you compare with RC

Thanks
              عبد

Comment

Looks like you are a pro..Let's discuss when I see you again..Need some expert's advise..How abt Yamaha?
                Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter

sigpic

Comment

Actually brand doesn't really matter a lot for hifi, but price does...a pair of $7k china brand speakers will sound better than a pair of $3k european speakers...

You are looking at HT or Stereo set? Not a HT person, but sunfire set up definately moved the air great for me.

For Stereo...Budget? Room size? tube or transistor?

sigpic

Comment

Brand does matter a lot in hi-fi, but definitely not price. A $30K system may sound very sweet at a friend home or in the showroom, but won't sound right in yours.

Need to do a lot of audition if you're really serious, like ask the people to demo with speakers place at different location as well as getting it out of the sound room.

many hear for powerful bass, while actually it should be felt. Also. don't put your money on the first best sounding equipment you find. instate use that as a reference and compare with others again, or until you decide the kind of ears you have, as not all equipment are produce for all rounded. some good at vocal, some perform better at high, low etc., etc.. so.. lot's and lot's of audition, and the one to go for should be the one that does not stress your ear after so many audition.. should sound easy on your ears even playing metal rock tunes.. Look for presence.. You have to be able to feel what you're hearing..

Good luck..

Comment

Brand does matter a lot in hi-fi, but definitely not price. A $30K system may sound very sweet at a friend home or in the showroom, but won't sound right in yours.
                      No offense, but honestly, the price really does matter more than the brand.

When I was young, I used to think brand above all, coz afterall a reputable brand will not risk its reputation by producing sub-standard entry level stuff right? Unforunately, no. After a few listening trips to various shops in aldephi and bukit timah plaza, I came to the conclusion that even the china stuff can sound really good, in fact, every bit as good as similarly priced systems from the famous brands, if not better. The internal components used in some china or less popular brands are even of higher grade than similarly priced "good" brands. Granted, I can only speak for the 20-30k range, coz honestly, those few hundred k hifi are really out of my league so I don't even bother looking at those.

A few chinese brands that changed my conception of brand were xindak, usher and opera consonance. Haven't been looking at new hifi for a while, so I am not sure if these are still around. Some chinese brands really cannot make it, but when compared to similarly priced popular entry level brands like marantz and nad, they are still decent.

I did try a few lower priced systems when I first started shopping around and they were all quite dissappointing. In two or three shops that deal with those higher end stuff, their sub-10k entry-level setup were quite bad in even the projection of mid and low, not to mention the lack of width and depth of soundstage. It sounded...flat. For a while I even thought that maybe that is the "correct" way to be

Room matters, but music will never be great even in the best suited and tuned room if the hifi system itself is inherently less than satisfactory.

Just my humble opinion.

sigpic

Comment

Come on dudes, both matter lah. You can't just write off one factor and say it doesn't matter. I won't write off the brand as you are not just listening to it for one day - so how long it lasts does make a difference in your investment. And no doubt, if you pay peanuts, you get peanuts. But if you pay big bucks, it also doesn't mean it's necessarily good cos not everyone is honest in this world ya

I do agree that you need to check out and audition before you decide. We all have different preferences. For all you know, your ears just prefer something in the mid range so you don't need to go for the high end branded systems. But give those a listen first, cos if you don't compare, you won't be able to tell the difference.

Comment

The last time when I go around looking for a setup for my home. My choice was an over $15K setup with matching components from the same maker. Until a friend suggested there's another company that makes better power amp, while the other makes better speakers. The mixed and match effort got me the setup for half of what I would have paid for the first system, and it sound as good, not just to my ears, but 3 others agreed..

Brand is important because it narrow our search, and it's easier to reference quality through review. Price is very subjective.. as I've got one shop telling a friend of mine that the $2.5K tiny book shelf speaker he plan to buy will not sound good unless he match it with a specific amp, which really is not a very expensive one either, and instate base on my friend description on his setup, the shop recommended something else which cost below $1k..

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                          No offense, but honestly, the price really does matter more than the brand.

When I was young, I used to think brand above all, coz afterall a reputable brand will not risk its reputation by producing sub-standard entry level stuff right? Unforunately, no. After a few listening trips to various shops in aldephi and bukit timah plaza, I came to the conclusion that even the china stuff can sound really good, in fact, every bit as good as similarly priced systems from the famous brands, if not better. The internal components used in some china or less popular brands are even of higher grade than similarly priced "good" brands. Granted, I can only speak for the 20-30k range, coz honestly, those few hundred k hifi are really out of my league so I don't even bother looking at those.

A few chinese brands that changed my conception of brand were xindak, usher and opera consonance. Haven't been looking at new hifi for a while, so I am not sure if these are still around. Some chinese brands really cannot make it, but when compared to similarly priced popular entry level brands like marantz and nad, they are still decent.

I did try a few lower priced systems when I first started shopping around and they were all quite dissappointing. In two or three shops that deal with those higher end stuff, their sub-10k entry-level setup were quite bad in even the projection of mid and low, not to mention the lack of width and depth of soundstage. It sounded...flat. For a while I even thought that maybe that is the "correct" way to be

Room matters, but music will never be great even in the best suited and tuned room if the hifi system itself is inherently less than satisfactory.

Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X