Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTC Dream Vs iPhone

wanted to buy iPhone with my phone plan which cost S$0.
    But ended up bought HTC dream and started to love it since last night till now.fooling around with it and download free ware.
    love it so much that i did not go funfly liao.
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

how about the Omnia? Shouldn't it be considered also?

Comment

Intial yes.but my bro got problem on the gps.it did not well. But this phone dream is open source.so no restriction on downloading free ware. Now at maccafe surfing web.this cheap phone I pay only $388 plus 2months free subscription

Comment

I'm using omnia with garmin GPS.
        I get a fixed in about 30-60 seconds everytime.

Check out this site for custom rom. The original samsung rom is really terrible. Slow, unfriendly and memory hog.

Comment

So yours (HTC Dream) is an Android OS. How is it? U got your phone from where?

My mobilephone die on me (Motorola) during Friday afternoon. So was looking for a phone. I was looking for Android phone but did not find it in M1 (I'm a M1 subscriber).

In the end, I go for Samsung Omnia i900 8GB model instead. Just tried out the GPS using Navfone today and on the way home in bus. I find that it is quite good. No problem on the GPS so far. The Omnia has A-GPS and normal GPS. Using Google map, I think it is using A-GPS and thus, it required GPRS connection. Using Navfone plus (bundled with the phone), it can use normal GPS.

BTW, here is a specificaltion on HTC Dream and Samsung Omnia (and user comments):
          HTC Dream,HTC,Dream,GSM,mobile,phone,cellphone,information,info,specs,specification,opinion,review

Samsung i900 Omnia,Samsung,i900 Omnia,GSM,mobile,phone,cellphone,information,info,specs,specification,opinion,review

SH

Comment

sorry i got it from Singtel. Only exclusive to SIngtel only
            It did not have the market road direction software live yours. but it is using only google map with GPS very fast connection not like Ommia.
            Waiting for third parties software on the map to buy it.
            alot of open source software can download for free. which is i like
            Some don like the size and weight. for me it is ok.

Comment

one thing i found out on the blue tool function.
              will not be able to connect phone to phone. only support on headset. like iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400 View Post
                one thing i found out on the blue tool function.
                will not be able to connect phone to phone. only support on headset. like iphone.
                Maybe somewhere on the net u can use 3rd party OS on your phone,someone already did for iphone(can use bluetooth to send files around)
                I feel among the few good new models samsung came out this year,InnoV8 is the best,so far.Its better or equal to Iphone
                «Kira'sHanger™®»:
                HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

I have yet tried Bluetooth for Omnia...but my previous mobile phone is Motorola E680. It is a Linux based mobilephone. It can communicate to other mobilephone (of different brand as well) and transfer file between each other.

SH

Comment

Smartphones are my pick..haha...i found this on m1's website...
                    its about the blackberry storm 9500 smartphone!!!
                    haha.. i wish i had one.. anyway this is the link if u wanna check it out..
                    http://m1.com.sg/storm/index.html?storm=01

Comment

Working...
                    X