Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Military Footage

Any one seen this before??

This video was taken inside the cockpit of an A-10 Thunderbolt by the pilot. It was a night view. What you see is from 9700 feet away (almost two miles).
    Four terrorists are walking along a street with no clue that someone is watching them....... from almost 2 miles away. The A-10 fired a 30mm cannon WITHOUT injuring the dog nearby which escaped unharmed. You can see the gun-camera shakes a bit as the pilot fires; then count
    about 4 seconds for the rounds to travel 2 miles. Every tenth round is a tracer, so the bullets you actually see are every tenth. The targets were getting hit with hundreds of rounds, but the dog is unscathed. Muzzle velocity on the 30 mm cannon is 2430 feet per second. The result is that four fewer guys won't be blowing up women and children
    anymore! The dog, in the upper right, just safely gets the hell out of there.

Oops.. How come the .wmv video didn't appear on screen??

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
    Any one seen this before??

This video was taken inside the cockpit of an A-10 Thunderbolt by the pilot. It was a night view. What you see is from 9700 feet away (almost two miles).
    Four terrorists are walking along a street with no clue that someone is watching them....... from almost 2 miles away. The A-10 fired a 30mm cannon WITHOUT injuring the dog nearby which escaped unharmed. You can see the gun-camera shakes a bit as the pilot fires; then count
    about 4 seconds for the rounds to travel 2 miles. Every tenth round is a tracer, so the bullets you actually see are every tenth. The targets were getting hit with hundreds of rounds, but the dog is unscathed. Muzzle velocity on the 30 mm cannon is 2430 feet per second. The result is that four fewer guys won't be blowing up women and children
    anymore! The dog, in the upper right, just safely gets the hell out of there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-10_Thunderbolt_II

Comment

I believe this is the video you are referring to ...

------------------------
      Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

Yes.. Thanks dude.. That's the one..

Originally posted by AirTrekker View Post
        I believe this is the video you are referring to ...

http://podblanc.com/a-10-flir-video

Comment

I remember there is one time that I post a video showing an Apache helicopter killing terrorists using its cannon gun. Video is similar to what u have...that is over thermal imaging.

Guess what... one minute it is ok.. the next few minutes, one of the moderator in this forum just remove the link. Other link to other video is still working.

SH

Comment

Reminds me of a scene that I played on Call Of Duty 4 that I was the gunner on the Hecules battleship & firing my rounds away. It could be fake as the game graphic was so realistic. Juz like wat we saw on the website.
            Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
            Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
            Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
            Things to Sell:
            - T-rex 450XL NIB
            - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

ouch. maybe they were just going for dinner?
              Kedi AH !

Comment

Working...
              X