Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious problem getting to this forum

Anyone got any ideas to why my home computers cant seem to get this site when i seem to be able to do so from the office and friends houses etc...

Derrick

go download 'Spybot -Search &Destroy

And use www..trendmicro.com's Online Scan [free]

ur browser has a bug.

Comment

There had been a lot of worm virus out there recently, go for ZoneAlarm and setup your personal fire wall. I formatted my HD 4 times until I got ZA...afterwhich things are ok now.....

Mike

Comment

Yup.. I still get bad response every now and then, regardless of the hour of the day or the number of users. Sometime the SQL takes a very long time to return one line every minute or so... Doesn't look like it is network load to me... cause network troubleshooting is my field of work...
        huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
          Yup.. I still get bad response every now and then, regardless of the hour of the day or the number of users. Sometime the SQL takes a very long time to return one line every minute or so... Doesn't look like it is network load to me... cause network troubleshooting is my field of work...
          Cool, nic might need your expertise in this area

Got this error sometime back, had not get it recently, the lastest on was on 29/April .......any clue?

Thanks in advance....just too busy w work to look up vbulletin forum

Mike

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
          mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
          '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Thursday 29th of April 2004 09:43:36 PM
          Script: /forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44&goto=lastpost
          Referer: http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/foru...p?s=&forumid=6

Comment

hi

Link-ID == false, connect failed
            mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
            '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
            Sounds/looks like your MySQL Server is having problem. What is Link-ID info about? User ID or what?

Super-Hornet

Comment

hhehe.. I network guy.. not DBA..
              huh

Comment

anyway..

mysql error number: 2002

means either:
                1) the DB runs out of available open ports (processes) for new connection
                2) the DB is being shutdown/reloaded and connection is not possible.

Each time we refresh the page, php makes multiple requests to the DB using mysql. If the number of available connection is too restricted, access speed and response time will be reduce by quite a bit. As in where it can be adjusted.. I don't know.. maybe the host can help?

Also check if during that time.. was the host doing some maintenance that needs the DB to be shut down.
                huh

Comment

have to come to work just to look at new posts now argh

will try resetting all my hardware later tonight after i finish downloading the nw initial d episodes...hopefully that helps

Comment

OK, this msg from the hosting service explain why some had prob accessing the site.....

Great service, can check them out in case u need their service

Mike

Dear users,
                    We are terribly sorry for the unstablility of our server due to software installation and testing. As a gesture of goodwill, I decided to waive this month hosting charges. If you have already paid this month's charges, your next month charges will be waived. Thank you for your kind support!

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Check out our Keeptouch Community Portal on http://www.keeptouch.net/

Comment

Working...
                    X