X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A discussion.

Topic : sorry if i kaypoh... but...

"Hi romihensem,
    I notice you like to ask people if they are willing to sell their stuff separate from their whole kit.

I just wonder if you put yourself in their shoes. You notice people mostly never reply you? You know why? Because what you ask for makes them angry or unhappy.

From what you post, people will say that you really don't care if that guy manages to sell his stuff and get back his money. Appearing to be happy at other people's loss is not very cool. So you may want to be careful about giving people that impression.

Maybe you are very young. I am 35 already so I got experience knowing what people will think and what I will think.

I tell you all this hoping that you will know how you make people feel. I hope that the truth is you never really thought of it before, and not that you really don't care.

Nowadays I see alot of young people behaving like this, I don't know why this world become so painful to live in.

Anyway, you don't have to reply if you feel offended by what I told you. Take care."

I received a pm today with the above mentioned post. Few questions i wanna ask is :

1. "I notice you like to ask people if they are willing to sell their stuff separate from their whole kit." - I have checked all my post and I have only ask publicly 1 time whether the seller can sell loose. He didnt mention that he prefer or only sell as a bundle. He just state that everything goes at $$$. So is it wrong for me to ask?

2. "I just wonder if you put yourself in their shoes. " - I have made quite a number of buys and sells in DH. I too do get ppl asking me whether i can sell loose, but i dont see any wrong in ppl asking me that which i sometimes politely reject.

3. "You notice people mostly never reply you? You know why? Because what you ask for makes them angry or unhappy." - The seller did replied to me nicely thru my pm. Does a question like that really makes someone angry?

4. "From what you post, people will say that you really don't care if that guy manages to sell his stuff and get back his money. Appearing to be happy at other people's loss is not very cool. So you may want to be careful about giving people that impression." - Am I appearing to be happy by asking whether seller can separate his sale? Be it new or used,u r bound to make a loss by selling in MP. To my knowledge, only vendors can make a profit here if I'm not wrong. So in my opinion, should u cry or be sad when someone is selling at a loss here cause i usually see the catchline, MY LOSS IS YR GAIN.

5. "Maybe you are very young. I am 35 already so I got experience knowing what people will think and what I will think." - I'm 29 now but I don't see y age must be a reason here? Is it true the older u r, the more experience and knowledge u have? Do we have to assume everyone thinks the same way as us? Cause I have encounter older guys but with zero courtesy and manners. Some don't even know wat basic safety flying is. So y the age issue?

6. "I tell you all this hoping that you will know how you make people feel. I hope that the truth is you never really thought of it before, and not that you really don't care." - By posting just a single thread asking a separate sale nicely, am I really hurting the seller or the person who sent me this pm? Honestly speaking, even if i care or not, isnt market place a place where ppl look for a bargain? If not, y have it in the first place then.

7. "Nowadays I see alot of young people behaving like this, I don't know why this world become so painful to live in." - How lot is alot of young ppl? Are we to assume that all young ppl we see will behave this way? Doesnt this assumption discourage youngsters from being involved in this beautiful hobby and nice forum if they were to receive this kind of pm? Doesnt this sends out a message that they r too young to be in this hobby?

8. "Anyway, you don't have to reply if you feel offended by what I told you. Take care." - Will u be offended if u received something like this from someone whom u dont know or know nothing about you and whom u have never deal with or have got nothing to do with? If u dont want ppl to reply, y send it in the first place.

This is just something that really bugs my mind now. Just to clarify whether I'm really in the wrong by asking someone for a separate sale cause this issue is totally new to me. Hope someone can enlighten me on this...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
    sigpic

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
    Topic : sorry if i kaypoh... but...

"Hi romihensem,
    I notice you like to ask people if they are willing to sell their stuff separate from their whole kit.

I just wonder if you put yourself in their shoes. You notice people mostly never reply you? You know why? Because what you ask for makes them angry or unhappy.

From what you post, people will say that you really don't care if that guy manages to sell his stuff and get back his money. Appearing to be happy at other people's loss is not very cool. So you may want to be careful about giving people that impression.

Maybe you are very young. I am 35 already so I got experience knowing what people will think and what I will think.

I tell you all this hoping that you will know how you make people feel. I hope that the truth is you never really thought of it before, and not that you really don't care.

Nowadays I see alot of young people behaving like this, I don't know why this world become so painful to live in.

Anyway, you don't have to reply if you feel offended by what I told you. Take care."

I received a pm today with the above mentioned post. Few questions i wanna ask is :

1. "I notice you like to ask people if they are willing to sell their stuff separate from their whole kit." - I have checked all my post and I have only ask publicly 1 time whether the seller can sell loose. He didnt mention that he prefer or only sell as a bundle. He just state that everything goes at $$$. So is it wrong for me to ask?

2. "I just wonder if you put yourself in their shoes. " - I have made quite a number of buys and sells in DH. I too do get ppl asking me whether i can sell loose, but i dont see any wrong in ppl asking me that which i sometimes politely reject.

This is just something that really bugs my mind now. Just to clarify whether I'm really in the wrong by asking someone for a separate sale cause this issue is totally new to me. Hope someone can enlighten me on this...
    To answer ur qns 1 & 2, i also always asked the seller for separate sales for his items even though the seller mentioned selling as a set or bundle. If i'm looking a certain items, no point for me to buy the whole set rite?

Also normally I will inform the seller my intention coz u never know when he will change his mind.

So bro, dun worry so much abt it. it is nothing extraodinary. Btw I'm younger than u.

Comment

If this is a PM, then I supposed that it is meant for you personally. The contents are between the sender and you.

For me, I think it will be better not to post the content of PM send to me or I've sent, even though no name is being mentioned. This is to show respect to each other.

Comment

i dont see any wrong on asking people if they want to sell seperately
        i dun see y people can get upset over being asked to sell his stuff seperately
        «Kira'sHanger™®»:
        HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
          If this is a PM, then I supposed that it is meant for you personally. The contents are between the sender and you.

For me, I think it will be better not to post the content of PM send to me or I've sent, even though no name is being mentioned. This is to show respect to each other.
          i understand wat u mean bro. but this is to let ppl know that there is a person who is doing this kind of thing in this forum. when i replied back to him, he says that i'm being defiant/reckless/angry and thats because i'm young. i want to know am i the only person receiving this cause i've seen a lot of ppl asking for separate sale as well. if i'm the only one, y me? i've only ask for separate sale once but he claimed that i mostly ask for it. cant he investigate it first before sending the pm to me? does everyone who ask for separate sale receive this? if no, why its only me. i dont even know the guy. thats wat bothering me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post

I share the same opinion here. Many member like to quote what I mentioned in PM in open public. My follow action to them pretty straight forward, ignore ALL their subsequent request be it PM or open public.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
              I share the same opinion here. Many member like to quote what I mentioned in PM in open public. My follow action to them pretty straight forward, ignore ALL their subsequent request be it PM or open public.

Mike
              So u mean i should ignore him or ppl should ignore me?

sigpic

Comment

So u mean i should ignore him or ppl should ignore me?
                Just carry on. Besides, if you are not guilty of what he is claiming, you shouldn't bother about it. However I don't think its nice to post PM on public forum.

Regardless of age, we should all try to get along...
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Hi all, hi romihensem,
                  Let me do the crazy/stupid thing here and admit that I'm the one who PMed him.
                  You should also post my 2nd PM to you since you really want to do start this.

I've even mentioned that maybe I'm crazy/eccentric. I told you you could ignore me if you didn't agree with my views. Have I hurt your ego so much that you simply have to feel offended even though my intention was essentially good?

I even said most people won't tell you such things, so you don't have to worry.

Until now, you still will not admit that people who lowball or inconsiderately ask for separate sales, without putting themselves in the other's shoes can cause the seller to be upset.

You can keep defending yourself. But remember I did not attack you in public or even in pte. I merely asked you if you thought of what how the seller might feel.

Your actions show your instinctively defensive character/personality. Good for you i guess. I'm sure it has its advantages. Anyway, I'm sure tonnes of people will say why i so kaypoh or so crazy. I already said I am. You take what good you wish from my words or you can simply ignore me. How hard is that?

Comment

hmmm

its ok bro. i'm not refering to you btw. i've moved on anyway. happy flying....

sigpic

Comment

hey hey! whats with young people?

do i make you live in pain?
                      Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny View Post
                        hey hey! whats with young people?

do i make you live in pain?
                        i thought u young??
                        that time say mode1 people are old u like hunting me liao
                        «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Uh... not referring to me? Those are my words you quoted leh. Why would you deny it? Wow... Some upbringing you have...

Again like i said there is something seriously wrong with your character and you either don't know it or refuse to admit it.

Let me summarise this little episode. What began as a 'kaypoh' but well-intended reminder to you was turned by you into this circus. And at the end of it, you still wanna walk away while keeping up appearances? Please be a man. You are 29. Not a child.

Comment

hmmm

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                              Uh... not referring to me? Those are my words you quoted leh. Why would you deny it? Wow... Some upbringing you have...

Again like i said there is something seriously wrong with your character and you either don't know it or refuse to admit it.

Let me summarise this little episode. What began as a 'kaypoh' but well-intended reminder to you was turned by you into this circus. And at the end of it, you still wanna walk away while keeping up appearances? Please be a man. You are 29. Not a child.
                              BTW bro he dint say ur user name in this thread he just said that some1 sent him this pm and only said his vews about the contents
                              IN A WAY he is not refering to you
                              you admitted it that you sent him that
                              and asking for seperate sales does not mean u got a character problem
                              isit wrong to hope that the seller might sell cheaper or even sell it to you seperately?? i dun see any rong
                              «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Working...
                              X