Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Without any arrangement. Maybe you want to drop by one of these weekends and see how people there will receive you.

We do have many non members who flies there, ie, people who drop by for look see.. then do a few flights.. join the guys for chat, and we'll normally see them coming back asking for application form or question on how to signup, while some would only comes once in a blue moon..

Anyway, while anyone is there. The runway and shelter is open for use lah, and even transport in and out (Like a by the way thing).. No one get chase out of the field..

Originally posted by yongsinchee View Post
    Noted.

Didn't know PA own lands.... I thought they belongs to the government. So this is a new one to me. It is good that PA subscribe to the activity.

From your writeup, yes, that would be substantial investment on the club's part to have those facilities. That should justified the club's position. But just wondering, if they fly there without using the runway, shelters and all. Is it OK for them to fly, without joining? Just thinking out loud.

I've not been to the fly site, so don't know how it is like. Since I don't drive and I'm staying in Pasir Ris, I think your flysite it a way too far for me to visit.

Maybe one day, some kind soul who live in Pasir Ris, give me a lift to visit your fly site. Just HOPPING....

Cheers.

Comment

Errr.... in my earlier posting....

".....................Since I don't drive and I'm staying in Pasir Ris, I think your flysite it a way too far for me to visit."

Hard to go, deh........

Comment

Originally posted by yongsinchee View Post
        I got that link and read it. I have to quietly disagree with the restriction.

You have to pay membership fees for golf/country clubs because they lease the land, from the owner, to build the necessary infrastructure. So it is logical for fees to be collected.

My question is, did they lease the land for their exclusive flying activities? If yes, then collecting membership fees is justify because money is paid upfront. If no, then they cannot cordon off an area, which is not theirs, and take ownership of it and discourage other users from using.

I agreed that forming the club is a good thing forward, if the objective is noble and for the benefits for all.

I just disagree with their subtle "negative encouragement". I believe the two groups can co-exist to use that piece of land. Just that in the unfortunately event of a mishaps, the members are covered with the clubs insurance. For the rest, they pay out of their own pockets.

This is my personal opinion and it it not my intent to hurt/insult/ridicule anyone.

Rgds
        What about the other aeromodelling clubs in Singapore? Primarily RMS and Potong Pasir?
        Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny View Post
          What about the other aeromodelling clubs in Singapore? Primarily RMS and Potong Pasir?
          My position remains the same. It applies to all of them, as well.

I believe the encouragement to join the club have to be subtle. To make me join a club, any club, they must give the added advantage or perks that I would be able to enjoy, than if I don't. So if that can be convey to the other flyer and if it is attractive, I'm sure they will readily sign-up.

I do hope you understand where I'm coming from. This is just how I feel and I have no conflict with, or targetting, anyone here. Just an opinion.

Rgds

Comment

I started this thread for forumers to enjoy some fuuny reads. Didn't realised that it will turn into something else!

Anyway, since it became a flying club thingy let me help clarify some issues.

RMS leases the land from SLA for a token sum.
            BBAFC and PP leased their land through respective CC.

The lease amount is not important here. The important issue is the clubs managed to convince the land owner to provide that piece of land for their activity. Part of the agreement is to maintain the property etc..

The monthly cost of grass cutting of the runway and some cost about $500. Which works out to $6000 per year. 3rd party insurance $2000 to $4000 a year. These are the two major expenses, I am sure there are other expenses as well. 100 members at $100/yr equals to $10,000.00 doesn't even cover all the expenses. So members will be asked to contribute.

I understand Yapjy posting, the members paid for the upkeep etc. Non-members if you feel that the site is worth your money then join, otherwise keep your money and fly elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X