Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
    Yeah I really wonder, if somebody really cuts into your lane and you end up sratching his back/side with your front, is that still considered your fault, especially if you have video evidence to show he is clearly in the wrong?
    I believe if that driver really cuts in your lane & brakes suddenly in front of u, causes u to bang into his bumper, u will still be in the wrong.

Unless his car is not fully into ur lane, u might stand a chance of winning

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
      This is a real life incident that happened to my colleague some time ago.

My colleague was in his car at an open carpark lot. Another car drove pass from the right to the left. He was about to drive out of an open space carpark lot, and had not moved is car yet.
      The car that just drove pass reversed into his car and hit this front bumper. Both the back of the car that had reversed and my colleague's stationary car were damaged.

He owner of the reversing car came out and apologized and they exchanged information. As the owner of the reversing car admitted that it was his fault and promise to pay for all damages, my colleague did not make any report, as he think that the owner would settle this privately.

In the next few days, nothing happened. My colleague called the owner, but got no response. Following that, my colleague received a letter from the insurance company, a request to pay for damages that he incurred in an accident to it's client!!

My colleague called the insurance company and explained the incident. Unknown to my colleague, the owner of the reversing car had reported the incident to both the police and his insurance company claiming that my colleague's car had sped out of the parking lot and knock onto the back of this car.

There were many rounds of dispute from my colleague and he even consulted with some lawyer friends on this options.
      In the end, he had to pay for the damages that he did not cause.

Even though, he did not cause the damage, and it was clear that he did not cause the problem, the evidence was against him. He was also too trusting and was taken in by the other car owner.

Justice?
      that is no justice unless there is black & white between the 2 drivers. The driver may anytime after the accident change his story when he is doing his accident report.

Anyway he is free to speak in his point of view in the report.

Comment

Guys, if you drive a car and banged direct onto another one infront, it is clear cut that you are not maintaining a safety distance with the car infront of you. Hence, in court, you are bound to loose the case for whatever reason you could say. This is also why there is no need to fight as your insurance will tell you the same thing. - I learned this from my lawyer friend. So next time you are going to bang the front car, sway your car first and bang them on the side. That way, you can argue with the authority.

However, if you have evidence to show that the front car cut your Q suddenly(sudden braking by the front car, which is already infront of you, is not counted. You are still in the wrong if that happens.) and therefore disturb your safety distance and bang direct onto the front car. You will have a wining case.

Like my lawyer friend said - In court, is not just about the truth but show clear and unchallengable evidence.

The LTA may consider enforcing of installing front camera on Taxi and buses in the near future. Japan has done implemented it.

Comment

I spent 7 days in Japan recently. For that period, I have never heard any horn by the vehicles.
          The tour guide made fun of me, telling me that Japan cars have no horn and me stupidly believed it.
          If only SG drivers are like them.

Comment

Originally posted by headspeed View Post
            So next time you are going to bang the front car, sway your car first and bang them on the side. That way, you can argue with the authority.
            this is 1 difficult stunt man. Sway how much n which part of the side u r refering to?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
              I spent 7 days in Japan recently. For that period, I have never heard any horn by the vehicles.
              The tour guide made fun of me, telling me that Japan cars have no horn and me stupidly believed it.
              Ya, in Melbourne, if the driver in the next lane see ur intention to change into their lanes, they will automatic slow down n allows u to change into their lane.

For Singapore is the reverse, when they see ur intention to change lane, they will speed up n close up the gap between theirs n the car in front so that u do not have any space to change into their lane

Comment

I got visitors ( Taiwan, India, Indonesia ) first time come Singapore for tour or training , when they sit in my car.
                question ask :
                1) heard that Singapore is very safe, at night can still safe to walk around
                2) why no polices or polices petroling around
                3) why on the road hardly can hear car horning.
                4) Wow really very clean place
                5) Only living stardard is getting higher n higher

sorry OT liao
                JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

one more, why all cars are so new one

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                    Ya, in Melbourne, if the driver in the next lane see ur intention to change into their lanes, they will automatic slow down n allows u to change into their lane.

For Singapore is the reverse, when they see ur intention to change lane, they will speed up n close up the gap between theirs n the car in front so that u do not have any space to change into their lane
                    haha, we all are F1 drivers what

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400 View Post
                      haha, we all are F1 drivers what
                      Even F1 drivers or any RC race will have racing etiquettes

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400 View Post
                        I got visitors ( Taiwan, India, Indonesia ) first time come Singapore for tour or training , when they sit in my car.
                        question ask :
                        1) heard that Singapore is very safe, at night can still safe to walk around
                        2) why no polices or polices petroling around
                        3) why on the road hardly can hear car horning.
                        4) Wow really very clean place
                        5) Only living stardard is getting higher n higher

sorry OT liao
                        1) IMHO Japan also the same. In fact overrall it is alot safer than SG.
                        2) Japan lots of police. But their role more of giving directions to tourist and ensuring cars stop for elderly
                        3) Your visitors are very lucky. Did you buy 4D that day?
                        4) Talk about clean, Japan is even cleaner really. I had to stay with my trash in my pockets for hours just to find their recycle bins to dispose them!
                        5) Their living standards isn't low... look at their houses, measure in Tatame while we measure in Metres
                        6) I heard if you get caught Jaywalking in Japan, the police will make you walk 20times at the traffic light Wonder if it's another joke from tour guide

Hehehehe. But overrall I still miss SG, where all the flyers roam

Comment

6) I heard if you get caught Jaywalking in Japan, the police will make you walk 20times at the traffic light Wonder if it's another joke from tour guide
                          haha, it must be another joke from ur tour guide! Never heard of this b4, wacky world? hehe

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                            haha, it must be another joke from ur tour guide! Never heard of this b4, wacky world? hehe
                            Bun, tour guide pretty or not

Comment

Quite a pretty looking lady with a chubby handsome husband and a cute 5yr old son

Comment

Quite a pretty looking lady with a chubby handsome husband and a cute 5yr old son
                                Oh no, wasted! hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X