Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HZM View Post
    Near fatal accident, stupid cyclist trying his luck ...

http://www.daddyhobby.com/gallery/da...lose_shave.avi
    Thatz was really close.

Comment

Who Is In The Wrong?

Just for your information.

Any cyclist cycling across pedestrian crossings and got knocked down have no recourse.

Firstly, cyclist must dis-mount from bicycle and then push the bicycle across the pedestrian crossing. If he is hit under this circumstance, he will be covered.

In the video's case, the motor-cyclist will not be at fault even if he had knocked down the cyclist and can still claim damages from the cyclist.

So, please do not cycle across pedestrian crossings, for your own protection...
      Daddy Hobby Need Money... No Money, No RC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 122 View Post
        Just for your information.

Any cyclist cycling across pedestrian crossings and got knocked down have no recourse.

Firstly, cyclist must dis-mount from bicycle and then push the bicycle across the pedestrian crossing. If he is hit under this circumstance, he will be covered.

In the video's case, the motor-cyclist will not be at fault even if he had knocked down the cyclist and can still claim damages from the cyclist.

So, please do not cycle across pedestrian crossings, for your own protection...
        Good point there. I assume you are a lawyer.
        Not many cyclist know that they must dismount.

When I was young, I witness a cyclist got hit in the rear wheel by a car turning right at a traffic junction. Cyclist was crossing when green man on. Car was turning right didn't see the cyclist. Bicycle gone. Cyclist was angry at the driver. So who's in the wrong?

Comment

Who is in the Wrong?

Lawyer? No lah, me no lawyer, just know a little about Road Traffic Act.

Did the cyclist dismount and was pushing the bicycle across the pedestrian crossing whilst the green man was on?

If yes, then of course cyclist was in the right of way and motorist should in-fact be fined for dangerous driving with 12 demerit points.

Else, if cyclist dashing on bicycle across pedestrian crossing with green man on, as in the video and kenna knocked down, cyclist will still be fined (must dismount mah), and also a fine for motorist for failure to stop at traffic light, dangerous driving.

That is just my 2cents worth ...
          Daddy Hobby Need Money... No Money, No RC!!!

Comment

I think the problem is not the fine. The cyclist will sue the motorist for compensation, esp if you knock down those so call "Pro" cyclist decked out in full cycling "uniform". If a taxi driver can claim S$80k compensation for a minor rear ended accident, I cannot imagine the amt to be paid to the cyclist.

I ever knocked down a cyclist in an uncontrolled junction. I wana call ambulance, he say no. I wana bring him to clinic/hospital, he say no. I wana give him some money to see doc on his own, he say no. I stand there ask him what he wants. He tell me just leave the scene, he will take his own painkillers for his pain.

So I just left lor. My frens all suspect he is an illegal immigrant and dont wana kena caught especially when go clinic/hospital must register name and produce ID. This happened like 5yrs ago liao.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              I think the problem is not the fine. The cyclist will sue the motorist for compensation, esp if you knock down those so call "Pro" cyclist decked out in full cycling "uniform". If a taxi driver can claim S$80k compensation for a minor rear ended accident, I cannot imagine the amt to be paid to the cyclist.

I ever knocked down a cyclist in an uncontrolled junction. I wana call ambulance, he say no. I wana bring him to clinic/hospital, he say no. I wana give him some money to see doc on his own, he say no. I stand there ask him what he wants. He tell me just leave the scene, he will take his own painkillers for his pain.

So I just left lor. My frens all suspect he is an illegal immigrant and dont wana kena caught especially when go clinic/hospital must register name and produce ID. This happened like 5yrs ago liao.
              Even if he is really an "illegal immigrant", why didnt he just take the money to see the docs on his own?
              Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                Even if he is really an "illegal immigrant", why didnt he just take the money to see the docs on his own?
                I dont know man.

Comment

Does the dismount rule apply to those short zebra crossings?

Comment

Can I check with you guys if there is any car camera out in the market whereby it will automatically start recording the moment the engine is being started?
                    Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
                    YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
                    Align DS610 for cyclics
                    JR770T + JR8900G
                    JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
                    Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
                    MKS9660 for cyclics
                    Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
                    JR DSX9

Comment

Originally posted by chasers View Post
                      Can I check with you guys if there is any car camera out in the market whereby it will automatically start recording the moment the engine is being started?
                      Yes, there is. Many many models out there. Do a search on HD720, F500HD and F900HD. You will be pleased, they are HD car cameras.

I am using DRS1100PRO and F500HD at the moment. HD720 passed to my bro. Just ordered the F900LHD and should have it soon.

If your budget is ard S$200, look here for them : http://www.dod-tec.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby View Post
                        Adrianli,
                        I somehow agreed with zattan as sometimes we do break a little rules here or there...
                        As seen from the 1st footage, I dun not see much harm if someone did it at that distance. Unless it has caused u to apply e-brake then thats another story.

2nd footage. As see from the scene that u r another reckless soul to have over-took him the same way he did to u(or even worst). So when u post videos of wat ppl has done to u. The way u over took back shows what type of person u r and will u show the TP wat u did back to him? Surely not. However, he may be distracted from the car infront that jammed his brake infront & instinctly sway to the right. Though he reacted in that way could be a wrong move but unless he did it on purpose.

3rd footage ... obiviously, the Wish has failed to give way which almost caused an accident. Tis is more serious than the 1st two. which I think u should report this rather than the 1st one.

4th as for the car cheong Redlight... he is breaking traffic Rule... but chances are he may also unwittingly did that...Dun tell me that in your life as a driver u need do that. I did. But not in purpose sometimes...

Sometimes when other drivers cut into my lane, depends on how it is being done. The most I horned & juz forget about it if no accident occurs...

Sometimes... it's ok to let urself relax abit & learn to live & let live unless it endangered urself or other. Mistakes, we all make mistakes. Edmond & HDG may seems too rigid in commenting on support strict law & blah blah...remember...物极必反.

I would prefer a more relax society that if I am the fault driver, I would gesture a sorry signal if I accidentally commited a mistake(nobody would like to purposely do that & I am quite sure)

STOMP is a crap product of Singapore Media which I think it has created many rubbish ppl who posted things that makes living in SG more stressful than ever. Unless every post is seriously consider morally incorrect or disturbing events. It should not be use as a tool for the garmeh to spy on its resident.

Its like making use of your hand to slap our own face...everybody loses...the garhman wins, the treasury earns and... they'll invest it, when money is lost during the process, nothing is being said, aloud I mean.

Many here can disagree with me. But gracious society cannot be achieved this way even with ppl blowing whistle ard. IMO
                        100% agreed! Well said bro..

Comment

What's their shipping cost like?

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                          If your budget is ard S$200, look here for them : http://www.dod-tec.com/

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w View Post
                            What's their shipping cost like?
                            Go to dealextreme and have a look. DOD-tec dont like dealing with individuals. They prefer bulk ordering. You can also get their stuff from ebay sellers.

Comment

Saw a few car video system from that site, just that don't know which is good.

Comment

This driver needs to go back to driving school. Farker dont know how to keep in lane while making a turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X