X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genexis View Post
    which camera?

Anybody interested in this camera?

I'm able to get it from a china source at a cheaper price of around USD$230 excluding shipping if there are like 10 orders.
    You can count me in for 1 unit if it's at this pricing.
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Tele View Post
      Here is my addition to the SG driving files!!

Darn Lexus cut across two lanes and almost sideswiped me.

I have a nice wide angle lens so it looks further away then it was .. believe me it was very close!!!

I had to edit the profanity out of it sorry if its a bit short

Doug
      Doug, I was nearly hit by lorry along the same stretch; just a little earlier b4 ppl turn into Toa Payoh.

Care to post yr cam setup and details. I really need one just in case.

Thks

Mike

Comment

Now u guys see the need of a onboard camera. I'm at it for quite a while already. Submitted a few to TP for their action and able to claim one bugger who bang into me while squeezing into my lane.

Do share ur on road adventures here.

Comment

Ya i got to agree with you. What is holding me back is the messy wire inside.

The one Chye suggested seems great. Now waiting for Doug.

I was informed that NTUC might for the first time made positive gain on their car insurance. Had heard many stories of them rejecting car owner on renewal or heavily loaded premium.

I tried to be as careful as possible but I am seeing more arrogant drivers nowaday.

Mike

Comment

Like the chinese saying : No matter white cat or black cat, can catch mouse/rat is a good cat.

As long as u put a camera there on the dash to protect yourself. I know of other ppl using their handphone camera on a cradle. It also works.

Comment

Originally posted by Cklasse View Post
              Here's my camera in the car, it's hardly noticeable if you don't look hard.

Can you advise where u got it from and if installation ( hide cable ) can be done. as much as possible, I want to quickly get one done up.

Thks

Mike

Comment

ok here is my setup

its a DVR and camera from Simlim.
                the camera is a CCd digital that gives very good resolution and low light performance. and is wide angle.
                the DVR is motion activated and can hold up to 5 days recording on a 4gig card ( you can put bigger cards in )
                I have it set up only to run when i start the car but can be set up to run all the time depending on wiring

Price:

the DVR unit and camera was $280 from sim lim tower and the fitting was done but the local Audio guy for $30

The fitter mounted it too high and as such I had to remove some of the film behind the mirror ....I cant see the unit at all or the cut out.
                but I don't have any wires or such that can bee seen at all. the unit hides behind the dash on Velcro can can be pulled out to view and edit any time.

I can play back on the 7' DVD player in the car or take the sd card out and they are AVI easily about to be used.

I hope this helps

Comment

And yes I know my car need a clean!!!!!

that other cable you can see is the ipod cable.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                    Can you advise where u got it from and if installation ( hide cable ) can be done. as much as possible, I want to quickly get one done up.

Thks

Mike
                    please post here, i'm interested as well.

For most cameras its not as simple as hiding wires. You need to tap from 12V source, and step down to 5v.

For my GPS system, i DIY and tap the source from the fuse box. I placed a BEC (yes rc bec) in between the 12v and the GPS.

Comment

How many cameras can that dvr box support?

Originally posted by Tele View Post
                      ok here is my setup

its a DVR and camera from Simlim.
                      the camera is a CCd digital that gives very good resolution and low light performance. and is wide angle.
                      the DVR is motion activated and can hold up to 5 days recording on a 4gig card ( you can put bigger cards in )
                      I have it set up only to run when i start the car but can be set up to run all the time depending on wiring

Price:

the DVR unit and camera was $280 from sim lim tower and the fitting was done but the local Audio guy for $30

The fitter mounted it too high and as such I had to remove some of the film behind the mirror ....I cant see the unit at all or the cut out.
                      but I don't have any wires or such that can bee seen at all. the unit hides behind the dash on Velcro can can be pulled out to view and edit any time.

I can play back on the 7' DVD player in the car or take the sd card out and they are AVI easily about to be used.

I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by genexis View Post
                        which camera?

Anybody interested in this camera?

I'm able to get it from a china source at a cheaper price of around USD$230 excluding shipping if there are like 10 orders.
                        this is a cool unit though!!!! with GPS and G force sensors

Comment

Thks Doug. Yours is not the nicest setup but seems to be the best w DVR.

My head unit is a double DIN DVD player and like yrs could use to do playback instantly.

Maybe I will consider your setup and mount the cam just behind my mirror.

Mike

Comment

This one looks good http://www.thecarblackbox.com/

Comment

nice, please ask for mass order price. haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X