Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    1st lane is for emergency vehicle and overtaking only.
    ok, i convinently forgot the overtaking part. peace
    Forget the dog, Beware the owner.

Comment

1st lane is for emergency vehicle and overtaking only.
      Maybe the rules had changed??
      eg.....3 lane expressway:
      3rd lane (extreme left) = heavy vehicle (trailer / clement mixer)
      2nd lane (middle) = light goods vehicle (lorry / van)
      1st lane (extreme right) = cars

Hmm....overtaking is by the left if there is space.....emergency vehicle....eerrr most likely need to consider using the road divider (island)
      Trex-450
      Futaba GY401/S9257
      Futaba 6ex 2.4G

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
        If only this was a priority of theirs.. The traffic would be much smoother without all these road hoggers..

I'm really curious, don't they tell the driving students that the first (right) lane is only for overtaking
        They are jam catalyst
        Reason why my gov keep thinking rd not enough
        Trex-450
        Futaba GY401/S9257
        Futaba 6ex 2.4G

Comment

Road hogging is proscribed under Rule 5 of the Road Traffic Rules, which states that (a) every vehicle which is moving at a slow rate of speed shall be driven as close to the left-hand side of the roadway as possible, and (b) every vehicle shall at all times be driven in such manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed. Breach of that Rule is an offence under Section 131 of the Road Traffic Act, which attracts a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine or 3 months’ imprisonment for the first offence, and a $2,000 fine or 6 months’ imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. Where a person is convicted of the offence, four demerit points will also be awarded under the Driver Improvement Points System.

Comment

Road hogging is proscribed under Rule 5 of the Road Traffic Rules, which states that (a) every vehicle which is moving at a slow rate of speed shall be driven as close to the left-hand side of the roadway as possible, and (b) every vehicle shall at all times be driven in such manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed. Breach of that Rule is an offence under Section 131 of the Road Traffic Act, which attracts a maximum penalty of a $1,000 fine or 3 months’ imprisonment for the first offence, and a $2,000 fine or 6 months’ imprisonment for a second or subsequent offence. Where a person is convicted of the offence, four demerit points will also be awarded under the Driver Improvement Points System.

http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.a...sQs%2F32Gnc%3D

waw...u r linked to everywhere
            (a) base on this, heavy vehicle travelling on the middle lane (of a 3 lane expressway) had committed an offence. Base on MHA data, average 2 cars per day being fined.....Err...me see at least more then 10 offender daily

the problem is the wording "(a) and (b)"....if the 1st catalyst is driving at 60kph....the rest behind will satisfy (b).

Time to change the rule a bit? ..... haiz sorri to say this but most of the lorry travelling away from extreme left is foreigner who 60kph is top speed in their land
            Trex-450
            Futaba GY401/S9257
            Futaba 6ex 2.4G

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
              Now I am definitely super sure they don't teach that fact in taxi school haha!

Come to think of it, do taxi drivers take any other lesson or have to pass any test in addition to the class 3 driving test?! Hmm...
              ya, i think they need to learn how to change lane from the 1st lane to the 3rd lane in the faster time & how to brake suddenly

Comment

Originally posted by GilaMonster View Post
                (a) base on this, heavy vehicle travelling on the middle lane (of a 3 lane expressway) had committed an offence.
                Not really, heavy vehicles still have to overtake MID-plate of rovers & tonners

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                  Not really, heavy vehicles still have to overtake MID-plate of rovers & tonners
                  ops...missed out MID
                  hmm......we need a 5 lanes rd
                  Trex-450
                  Futaba GY401/S9257
                  Futaba 6ex 2.4G

Comment

Was fed up this morning....apparently the heavy jam all the way from exit of KPE-into-PIE until PIE-Clementi Ave6 towards Jurong, as drivers purposely slowed down to look at the accident on the opposite side (PIE-Changi) where a lorry and a few vehicles knocked into each causing a massive jam all the way to Toh Guan etc.. on that side.

Immediately after PIE-Clementi Av6 stretch, traffic was smooth all the way to Jurong...

followed by another vehicle road hogging as I can see he kept tilting his head to the left passenger kissing or something with his girlfriend....wish I had a video cam mounted to post here....

anyway...drive safely....Happy New Year!

Cheers!
                    Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000 View Post
                      Was fed up this morning....apparently the heavy jam all the way from exit of KPE-into-PIE until PIE-Clementi Ave6 towards Jurong, as drivers purposely slowed down to look at the accident on the opposite side (PIE-Changi) where a lorry and a few vehicles knocked into each causing a massive jam all the way to Toh Guan etc.. on that side.

Immediately after PIE-Clementi Av6 stretch, traffic was smooth all the way to Jurong...

followed by another vehicle road hogging as I can see he kept tilting his head to the left passenger kissing or something with his girlfriend....wish I had a video cam mounted to post here....

anyway...drive safely....Happy New Year!

Cheers!
                      No wonder so many cars exit PIE to Farrer Rd and then turn to Bukit Timah Rd.

My morning jam part was along Dunearn Rd, that stretch of Independent Schools near to Newton. The double white lines there doesnt seem to exist to the drivers there.

Comment

haha...what a way to start first day of work for the new year!

Morning fetched son to school, noticed many Pri1 parents with umbrella crowding at the school fences and gates sent their kid first day at school...blessed with the rain water....

plus a free car wash in the morning for many of us driving....

No wonder so many cars exit PIE to Farrer Rd and then turn to Bukit Timah Rd.

My morning jam part was along Dunearn Rd, that stretch of Independent Schools near to Newton. The double white lines there doesnt seem to exist to the drivers there.

Comment

Here is my addition to the SG driving files!!

Darn Lexus cut across two lanes and almost sideswiped me.

I have a nice wide angle lens so it looks further away then it was .. believe me it was very close!!!

I had to edit the profanity out of it sorry if its a bit short

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Tele View Post
                            Here is my addition to the SG driving files!!

Darn Lexus cut across two lanes and almost sideswiped me.

I have a nice wide angle lens so it looks further away then it was .. believe me it was very close!!!

I had to edit the profanity out of it sorry if its a bit short

Doug
                            woah! That lexus really asking for it!

Comment

anyway there's a double white line , the lexus seemed more concern about changing lane then to observe traffic rules and cut into other's path abruptly.

I've decided to install camera liao!

Thanks bros!

Comment

which camera?

Anybody interested in this camera?

I'm able to get it from a china source at a cheaper price of around USD$230 excluding shipping if there are like 10 orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X