Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle lied after accident

Yesterday evening, I was on the right most lane queueing to turn right. Then tis Mit Colt driven by a late 40s guy cut into my lane adruptly, w/o signal lights also. His rear quarter made contact wif my front left bumper.

I was seating in my car waiting for him to alight from his vehicle to exchange details and examine damage. But he did not, instead he acted blur and stayed in his car. When green light, the front cars start moving, I moved forward and cut into his lane diagonally to prevent him from escaping. Only then he alight and told me to move to the side of the road to discuss further.

We turned right and stopped at the side of the road to exchange particulars and examine the damage.

After exchanging particulars, he accused me of knocking into him!!! Wat rubbish!!! And said I should pay him for his car damage. I told him that it was he who cut into my lane and knocked into me not the other way round. I also pointed to him I had a car camera onboard and think carefully b4 throwing accusations. He told me to show him the video, I told him I am not obligated to show it to him but to my insurance company only. I gave him one last chance, either private settlement or insurance settlement. He still insist I knocked into him. We cannot come to an agreement and we left.

I called my insurance(MSIG) and they advised me to make a report today and submit all my pictures and video evidence. The other guy is Income insured. My fren and wife viewed the footage and confirmed clear cut case, he knocked into me and I did not change lane at all. I have the footage in hand but will not post up the web, in case he find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
      Yesterday evening, I was on the right most lane queueing to turn right. Then tis Mit Colt driven by a late 40s guy cut into my lane adruptly, w/o signal lights also. His rear quarter made contact wif my front left bumper.

I was seating in my car waiting for him to alight from his vehicle to exchange details and examine damage. But he did not, instead he acted blur and stayed in his car. When green light, the front cars start moving, I moved forward and cut into his lane diagonally to prevent him from escaping. Only then he alight and told me to move to the side of the road to discuss further.

We turned right and stopped at the side of the road to exchange particulars and examine the damage.

After exchanging particulars, he accused me of knocking into him!!! Wat rubbish!!! And said I should pay him for his car damage. I told him that it was he who cut into my lane and knocked into me not the other way round. I also pointed to him I had a car camera onboard and think carefully b4 throwing accusations. He told me to show him the video, I told him I am not obligated to show it to him but to my insurance company only. I gave him one last chance, either private settlement or insurance settlement. He still insist I knocked into him. We cannot come to an agreement and we left.

I called my insurance(MSIG) and they advised me to make a report today and submit all my pictures and video evidence. The other guy is Income insured. My fren and wife viewed the footage and confirmed clear cut case, he knocked into me and I did not change lane at all. I have the footage in hand but will not post up the web, in case he find it.
      don't give chance

Comment

Back from the workshop.

After seeing the video, they ask me to choose courtesy car liao, bao chiak. My car is only 1.5yr old so still consider new car. If change bumper, that guy insurance sure to be a few k.

If he lie in his report to his insurance, I think he will kena big time.

Comment

Adrian, just wondering,could the other party accuse u of not being observant? Coz normally front to back bumper collision is 90% the rear vehicle's fault.. Just wondering.. No offense..
          AR Drone 2.0
          Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
          Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
          RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Don't u just F***ing hate it when people just chap in to your lane with out signaling and quickly( i always encounter this most of the time during prac lessons ) ... is not our fault that we never follow the 2sec rule is the filtering car failed to take precaution while filtering out .... just my $0.02 worth from a L Plate Driver
            At least this hobby lets you know where the cash you have spent on

Comment

Originally posted by john_3330 View Post
              Adrian, just wondering,could the other party accuse u of not being observant? Coz normally front to back bumper collision is 90% the rear vehicle's fault.. Just wondering.. No offense..
              No worries, the video clearly shows that I am within my lane and moving very slowly only as I was queueing up.

He cut into my lane adruptly, w/o signal lights and tried to squeeze in front of me. However his Mit Colt is not as small as he tot and thus bump into my front left.

No offence taken lah. Tis is a discussion thread. Will post the video once tis case is settled. Let he who lied get a bolt of lightning on his forehead.

Comment

No worries, the video clearly shows that I am within my lane and moving very slowly only as I was queueing up.

He cut into my lane adruptly, w/o signal lights and tried to squeeze in front of me. However his Mit Colt is not as small as he tot and thus bump into my front left.

No offence taken lah. Tis is a discussion thread. Will post the video once tis case is settled. Let he who lied get a bolt of lightning on his forehead.
                I see.. Dun give the liar chance!
                AR Drone 2.0
                Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
                Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
                RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Hi adrianli, I hv also experienced many rude driver also.

Think I need to get one of this camera liao. Btw, do you switch it ON when you are driving all the way from point A to point B? And do you record when you park at your car at public carpark without you around or inside the car?

Just wonder how long does can this camera record.
                  Filght Biodata:
                  Spektrum DX6i 2.4Ghz (with AR6100e)
                  Heli: Trex 450 Cron (U/C)

Comment

Originally posted by legacy View Post
                    Hi adrianli, I hv also experienced many rude driver also.

Think I need to get one of this camera liao. Btw, do you switch it ON when you are driving all the way from point A to point B? And do you record when you park at your car at public carpark without you around or inside the car?

Just wonder how long does can this camera record.

1) Yes, its on when when I drove from point A to B. I have included the full journey video to the insurer wif the edited version.

2) No, I dont record when the car is not moving. Its only a front camera so its useless against vandals wannabe.

3) The camera comes with overwrite function and records non-stop. I tried 24hrs recording when I first got it.

Comment

Latest update!!!

Income accepted liability on behalf of their client. I have zero liability. Workshop called me 15mins ago to bring my car down for Income surveyor + repair. It will take a total of two days, one day survey and one day repair.

5mins ago, workshop called me to inform me that courtesy car is ready for me when I bring my car down tmr morning.

At last, waited for so long, my car camera proved its usefulness in this accident. And to that uncle, prepare for increase of ur premium. Video will be uploaded soon.

Comment

Latest update!!!

Income accepted liability on behalf of their client. I have zero liability. Workshop called me 15mins ago to bring my car down for Income surveyor + repair. It will take a total of two days, one day survey and one day repair.

5mins ago, workshop called me to inform me that courtesy car is ready for me when I bring my car down tmr morning.

At last, waited for so long, my car camera proved its usefulness in this accident. And to that uncle, prepare for increase of ur premium. Video will be uploaded soon.
                        Wah, now I am beginning to think having one camera in the car may come useful in incidents like this.

Good to hear that you have got it resolved and most importantly settled it in your favour in this case.
                        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Any body has any recommendations of places where I can install small cameras in the car such that I would have a good 120 degree of the front view ?

Comment

Originally posted by genexis View Post
                            Any body has any recommendations of places where I can install small cameras in the car such that I would have a good 120 degree of the front view ?
                            Look at where those Rally WRC cars install their camera to have the perfect view.

Comment

Here is the video. Not full length so that the number plate will not be seen. I am afraid of legal issues.

U can clearly see that there was no signal from him and the whole car shook(carmera shook) when he hit me. He still dare to say I cut into his lane and hit him.

Comment

Chye, how about this one http://www.drivesurveillance.com/DRS1100PRO.html

Infact I also sourcing around for an onboard cam which is neat and tidy on setup

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X