X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nic
    yar..

Source: http://www.i-car.com/html_pages/tech...6/053006.shtml

The smaller compressor is powered by the IMA battery. When the IMA battery is flat, the engine kicks in, and the bigger compressor will start at the same time.

Another point to note is, if the car is very hot.. e.g. air con just turn on, the main compressor will be pushing hard to cool the car down. Fan will be blowing at high speed. During that time, the car will not go into "auto-stop" mode. That mean, engine will continue to run when you stop at junction.

The car will also not go into auto-stop mode if you are in a stop-go traffic where the speed is constantly less than 12km/h. It will only allow 2 times engine auto-stop when travelling at less than 12 km/h. There after, engine will continue to run even after stopping. The "counter" will reset once the car hits 12 kmh and above, and auto-stop will initiate once again.
    Nic,
    thanks for explaining. Planning to drop by Kah motor tomorrow to test drive. Well give some feedback on it.

Comment

Test drive the hybrid yesterday evening. Very impressive exterior and interior.
      To start the gas engine, there is no starter motor like most cars, instead Honda uses the hybrid DC motor to start. Starting is almost immediate, you don't have the cranking sound. Driving off from a stand still, the gas takes over. Driving around the carpark is mostly handle by the gas engine. Once out on the road, accelerating, the ASSIST gauge starts lighting up in the cockpit. The hard you step on the paddle, the higher the harder the electric motor works. Quite good acceleration I must say. Cruising along Alexandra road I can hardly feel the speed although I was moving at 70kmh. Approaching the traffic light, lifting my foot off the accelerator, the CHARGE light being to comes on, as I press the brakes, more the CHARGE light comes on. Slowing down to about 10 - 15 kmh, while still on the brakes, kills the engine. Feel kind of funny like you stall the engine. The auto stop light come on to tell you the engine has stop. The moment I lift my foot off the brake, the engine restart immediately.
      There are 2 aircon compressors in the car. 1 is driven by the gas engine and other by electric motor. Once I stop, when the engine dies, the electric aircon compressor runs providing cold air into the cabin.
      NEA did a FC test on the car and gives 19.2km/lt. This taking into account 50/50% city and highway driving. Agent told me that feedback from customer gives it at 18km/lt. I was looking at the spec sheet, 50lt fuel tank that would make 900km on 1 tank of fuel.

Comment

Just a quick word on CNG ,

My old car in oz was a CNG car with petrol, you could switch from one to the other by a simple switch in the cabin.
        be prepared for a 20% drop in power, since my car was a 4L V6 I was not too concerned about that but you also have a slightly longer lag time between when you accelerate ( put your foot down) and when the power is delivered and you will need a timing adjustment circuit added to your computer of your car to get the correct timing out of the engine.

for the investment of 2k ( that what it was in OZ) it was worth it, as CNG was 1/2 the price of petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by chiadennis
          To start the gas engine, there is no starter motor like most cars, instead Honda uses the hybrid DC motor to start. Starting is almost immediate, you don't have the cranking sound. Driving off from a stand still, the gas takes over. Driving around the carpark is mostly handle by the gas engine. Once out on the road, accelerating, the ASSIST gauge starts lighting up in the cockpit. The hard you step on the paddle, the higher the harder the electric motor works. Quite good acceleration I must say. Cruising along Alexandra road I can hardly feel the speed although I was moving at 70kmh. Approaching the traffic light, lifting my foot off the accelerator, the CHARGE light being to comes on, as I press the brakes, more the CHARGE light comes on. Slowing down to about 10 - 15 kmh, while still on the brakes, kills the engine. Feel kind of funny like you stall the engine. The auto stop light come on to tell you the engine has stop. The moment I lift my foot off the brake, the engine restart immediately.
          There are 2 aircon compressors in the car. 1 is driven by the gas engine and other by electric motor. Once I stop, when the engine dies, the electric aircon compressor runs providing cold air into the cabin.
          NEA did a FC test on the car and gives 19.2km/lt. This taking into account 50/50% city and highway driving. Agent told me that feedback from customer gives it at 18km/lt. I was looking at the spec sheet, 50lt fuel tank that would make 900km on 1 tank of fuel.
          wow....sound like need some time getting used to such behavior bro!
          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

The Best Hybrid

Originally posted by chiadennis
            Dennis,
            If you haven't booked your Honda Hybrid, do test drive for this. Claim to be the best in terms of Green Factor and Consumption ...

This is the best hybrid but not sure Spore LTA has already approved because LTA will have difficulty to classify them.

................hahahahaha Just for a laugh

Comment

Runs on the latest bio-fuel

Comment

If anybody going down to the Ubi showroom wants to, I can recommend my SE to you. No affiliation, just thought some recommendation might give you slightly better service (hopefully heh). PM me if you want his contact. Cheers.

Comment

A little OT but the question is on CNG.

CNG is cheap now with limited demand. With more cars going CNG , increasing the demand of CNG , with the addition of gov taxes, cartel rakes up profits, etc...

Will it be come expensive like petrol? Won't we be back to square one?
                  Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne View Post
                    A little OT but the question is on CNG.

CNG is cheap now with limited demand. With more cars going CNG , increasing the demand of CNG , with the addition of gov taxes, cartel rakes up profits, etc...

Will it be come expensive like petrol? Won't we be back to square one?
                    IN Oz there was a agreement by the government/cartels that it never would be more then 50% of the price of petrol

Comment

Working...
                    X