X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer X3600 anyone?

Hey guys.

Anybody using the Acer X3600(Q93Bu5)?
    This is the one with the Quad processor E9300-2.5Ghz CPU.

Retails at S$2299 now.
    Anybody have any comments about this platform, or Acer support, do reply.

Thanx!
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Acer support

hi Wei Yao, recently my son bought his laptop to Acer center for repair,immediately they change the LCD screen to a new one without delayed so support OK.
    SPEED IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

Comment

wait for the coming pc show at suntec ba. Surely got much better deal. Custom instead of acer will probably give you a MUCH better com for the same $$.

Acer service wise...got my laptop lcd panel cover changed in 1.5hrs, really very fast. However, need to pay for it despite the extended warranty.

Anyway...unless you are playing a game that supports quad core or running software that runs quad cord, otherwise, a dual cord of higher clockspeed(3.0ghz or 3.16ghz) of similar price might be faster, especially if you intend to overclock. That com will be very bottle-neck by the graphics. The next generation of full hd videos are suprisingly demanding on graphic and processor.

Anyway if you do get that, upgrade to 24" monitor. Its quite a bit bigger despite it being just 2".

sigpic

Comment

Thanx guys.

I've been considering custom coms too, but i like the thought of "call and settle" support.

And besides, i hevent found a CPU case of that size, sheesh its small and slick.
        But you are totally right about the Processor speed, i just might go with Dual core 3.0ghz.

Thanx!

Comment

Updated on 1 September 2011 Please check Price Guides for latest prices A PC Buyer’s Guide that is everything to everyone is simply not possible. This is a simple guide to putting together a PC with a local flavour. Be sure to read PC Buyer’s Guide from other media. If you have any...

look at the 1.6k-2k system. Those are what you can get for around 2k. 22" lcd will cost under $400.

sigpic

Comment

Oh nice,

Thats what i have been looking for.

Thanx man!

Comment

My very 1st laptop is an acer. Their support during warranty period is After warranty, there is still parts support. The li-ion batt up lorry already but I refuse to buy cos it cost S$200+ at Acer.

Oh ya, the laptop still works and it was purchased in 1999. Running on PentiumII 333mhz. Using it for surfing web, check email and simple office applications. Yes, the batt is still available at Acer for a 8yr old laptop.

Karang Guni wana take my laptop for S$50. I tell him I keep it.

Comment

Working...
              X