Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbourhood Watch! Illegal burning of incense!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbourhood Watch! Illegal burning of incense!

Illegal burning of incense!!!

At 1045pm (24May08) I saw from my house at Seng Kang side a huge ball of fire at Punggol Field Walk.

I quickly put down my things and snapped a few pics using my Canon 350D + 300mm Zoom lens.

This group of 6 folks apparently set up a 3storey paper house + frame looked like a sports car I roughly figured out using my bino.

Sad to say, I don't understand why must these folks burn offerings at this area when we just did our area cleaning on Friday evening! (Thanks William, Ang and regular evening flyers!) Likely there will be a big ashed-stained patch on the floor. Somemore, these folks can take picture of their burings!

Anyway. there are two temples around the neighbourhood, one at Seng Kang side, the other at further Punggol Field Walk side.

For safety reason and to prevent any issue/misunderstanding, I've called immediately to inform our Punggol GRC folks and the neighbourhood Police to handle this case.
    As you can see from the pics, the location of fire is also very near to a HDB block, at the same time near to vehicles illegally parked just 6 to 7meters away from the fire.

Folks flying on Sun morning at PFW pls keep an eye....

I urge folks at various flying sites as well as everyone in this forum,
    pls help keep and eye on our home area safe and clean.

I can feel Alex_bong's frustration when he saw the corridoor blocked!

Well , some folks just don't really care about their actions to the surroundings.

Rdgs
    John

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
    Illegal burning of incense!!!

At 1045pm (24May08) I saw from my house at Seng Kang side a huge ball of fire at Punggol Field Walk.

I quickly put down my things and snapped a few pics using my Canon 350D + 300mm Zoom lens.

This group of 6 folks apparently set up a 3storey paper house + frame looked like a sports car I roughly figured out using my bino.

Sad to say, I don't understand why must these folks burn offerings at this area when we just did our area cleaning on Friday evening! (Thanks William, Ang and regular evening flyers!) Likely there will be a big ashed-stained patch on the floor. Somemore, these folks can take picture of their burings!

Anyway. there are two temples around the neighbourhood, one at Seng Kang side, the other at further Punggol Field Walk side.

For safety reason and to prevent any issue/misunderstanding, I've called immediately to inform our Punggol GRC folks and the neighbourhood Police to handle this case.
    As you can see from the pics, the location of fire is also very near to a HDB block, at the same time near to vehicles illegally parked just 6 to 7meters away from the fire.

Folks flying on Sun morning at PFW pls keep an eye....

I urge folks at various flying sites as well as everyone in this forum,
    pls help keep and eye on our home area safe and clean.

I can feel Alex_bong's frustration when he saw the corridoor blocked!

Well , some folks just don't really care about their actions to the surroundings.

Rdgs
    John
    Hi John,
    no offence
    the burning of incense should be done by pass-away ppl family..
    this usually done after the last day of prayer to the dead
    Do check out around the area blk, should have someone been pass-aways

Sometime do be understand to toerence to other ppl belive

just my 2cent of sleeping mind

Comment

I can understand that but you need a proper place to do so! With wind condition, you are inviting trouble with the size of the fire. Besides, judging from what I can see, it's an open fire and hence the tarmac would have been burned as well.

QUOTE=khpan2003]Hi John,
      no offence

just my 2cent of sleeping mind [/QUOTE]
      If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Originally posted by khpan2003
        Hi John,
        no offence

just my 2cent of sleeping mind
        Thanks khpan2003,
        I deeply understand and feel sorry should this be the case,
        however, in the event should the fire spreads, who is to be blamed?
        I felt in all cases, social responsibility should be emphasized whatever situation or reason.

Anyway, since there's nothing serious happened due to this fire, well, just let this be a case to be aware of.

It rained this morning, maybe its really a sad reason & Heaven's will.

Appreciate your concerns.

Rdgs.

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

ha ha..
          we have this encounter at segar field as well before..

but now, mostly saw ppl using a big cage to burn the incense inside..

Comment

such stuff are rather sensitive..
            and usually, the bereavement family has to get a permit from the town council before such activity, and they will also be directed to a specific location to do the burning.

Yes, at times it can be very close to a HDB block, and they will be told to bring along pails of water "just in case"

Let's not get into any religious sensitive topic here.
            huh

Comment

Working...
            X