Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Windows XP CD with SP2 build in

Hi,

First I am not looking to copy windows xp cd nor trying to get away without paying for the OS. I have three copies of windows XP license at home for all my PC and paid for them.

My problem is I need to get a copy of the windows XP with SP2 CD so I can build my mac mini to have double boot function.

Jonathan

Heh bro,

Sometimes the serial is tied to the CD like maybe you bought a Dell PC and comes with windows XP, the XP might be customise and only matched the given Dell keys, when you try a release copy of XP with the Dell serial, it will not work.

Comment

right

Originally posted by hoppie
      Heh bro,

Sometimes the serial is tied to the CD like maybe you bought a Dell PC and comes with windows XP, the XP might be customise and only matched the given Dell keys, when you try a release copy of XP with the Dell serial, it will not work.
      You are right. I am not looking for a OEM XP CD, but a retail windows XP CD that have SP2 build in.

Comment

closed

closed thread. Found a way to do it myself.

Gathering the right people, content and resources, IT Pro gives professionals insight into the technologies and skills needed to take on the challenges

JOnathan

Comment

Working...
        X