Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any real life pilots here?

This thread is pertaining to real pilots who got their PPL in Australia.

Am currently looking at some flight schools in Western Australia to get my PPL. While doing it in Singapore is also a valid option, would prefer to do it in Australia.

Those of you who got your license from downunder,

1) How did you do your medical? Did u have to fly all the way there just to have your medical done? Or is there an alternative to do it in Singapore?

2) Security Clearance - How did u apply for this? Again, what I mean is, do u have to be physicaly present in Australia to do this? Or is there a way to do it from Singapore?

go to their website, get their contacts, email and/or call em?
    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

why not do it in malaysia? costs are similiar and its so much nearer to home.
      JR 9x
      Raptor 50 SE
      Raptor 90 3D
      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
      Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
      Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel
        go to their website, get their contacts, email and/or call em?
        Thanks for the replies guys.

Thats the problem.

Usually, government bodies like the CASA would tell u that medicals for instance, can only be done in Australia and not in Singapore. But guess what I found out from another Singapore pilot who has an Aus PPL? - that there 's a medical center in Singapore that does CASA medicals too!

Info like this are extremely hard to obtain just by speaking to the relevant authorities. Easier to get it from someone whose been there done that. Chances are they might know more then the gov officials themselves would care to know

Anyone else in this forum who has gone thru the whole process?

Comment

how much does the one in Aus cost inclu medical ? And what the required flight time must one clock to get a PPL?
          ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

Comment

Originally posted by gpang788
            Thanks for the replies guys.

Thats the problem.

Usually, government bodies like the CASA would tell u that medicals for instance, can only be done in Australia and not in Singapore. But guess what I found out from another Singapore pilot who has an Aus PPL? - that there 's a medical center in Singapore that does CASA medicals too!

Info like this are extremely hard to obtain just by speaking to the relevant authorities. Easier to get it from someone whose been there done that. Chances are they might know more then the gov officials themselves would care to know

Anyone else in this forum who has gone thru the whole process?

Try calling Medora Clinic @ 62880035 to find out more. I did my CASA medical there some years back. They are situated at Upp Paya Lebar Rd.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X