Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety IS number 1!

Today we had a bad case of safety breach.. I would like to take this chance to let everyone know that be it anybody, your friends or buddies, if they are flying a different mode, PLEASE DO NOT let them try your plane/heli..

This afternoon, we have a beginner(mode 2) who just did his maiden hover and was happily on to his 2nd pack.. Another flyer(mode1) whom is still on the learning/hovering stage decided to borrow the Tx from the mode 2 flyer and try out his heli.. The beginner initially thought that is wasn't a good idea but end up passing the Tx over to the mode 1 flyer after some persuasions..

The end results was one of the worst case scenario that could happen.. The mode 1 flyer ended up stopping the heli from hitting his face by using his bare hands to stop the heli.. It was a BLOODY mess.. And we have to call in the ambulance.. The injury is not something u would want to see..

Most of the more experienced pilots were not at the area at the point of time and i was the only one who witness the incident.. I did not stop him from trying out the mode 2 heli as i 'thought' is safe as long as he didn't lift off from the ground.. But boy was i wrong!..

Please! Next time any of the experience pilots see someone flying another persons heli/plane, please be sure they are using the same mode!

Thanks for reading my rant..
    AR Drone 2.0
    Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
    Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
    RG831B Rx

sigpic

Switch mode at beginner stage unsupervised ?

hmmmm. this sounds really familiar like the previous HK incident.

Comment

Originally posted by john_3330
      Today we had a bad case of safety breach.. I would like to take this chance to let everyone know that be it anybody, your friends or buddies, if they are flying a different mode, PLEASE DO NOT let them try your plane/heli..

This afternoon, we have a beginner(mode 2) who just did his maiden hover and was happily on to his 2nd pack.. Another flyer(mode1) whom is still on the learning/hovering stage decided to borrow the Tx from the mode 2 flyer and try out his heli.. The beginner initially thought that is wasn't a good idea but end up passing the Tx over to the mode 1 flyer after some persuasions..

The end results was one of the worst case scenario that could happen.. The mode 1 flyer ended up stopping the heli from hitting his face by using his bare hands to stop the heli.. It was a BLOODY mess.. And we have to call in the ambulance.. The injury is not something u would want to see..

Most of the more experienced pilots were not at the area at the point of time and i was the only one who witness the incident.. I did not stop him from trying out the mode 2 heli as i 'thought' is safe as long as he didn't lift off from the ground.. But boy was i wrong!..

Please! Next time any of the experience pilots see someone flying another persons heli/plane, please be sure they are using the same mode!

Thanks for reading my rant..
      OMG, are those guys ok?

Comment

The guy is still at the hospital if im not wrong.. He got a cut on his thumb and a very very deep cut on his pinky finger.. I could say the cut on the pinky is so deep that if u take a closer look, u could see the bone..
        Somehow i do blame myself for not stopping him..

But i was abit too late as i walked over he already spool up..
        AR Drone 2.0
        Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
        RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

The guy is still at the hospital if im not wrong.. He got a cut on his thumb and a very very deep cut on his pinky finger.. I could say the cut on the pinky is so deep that if u take a closer look, u could see the bone..
          Somehow i do blame myself for not stopping him..

But i was abit too late as i walked over he already spool up..
          omg, which FF was they at?

Comment

Sembawang funfly.. I must stress that most of the experienced flyers are not around that area when that incident happened..
            AR Drone 2.0
            Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
            RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Well, I hope he is ok man.

One more lesson for us to learn.

John, you probably wished you did something instead of nothing right? Dun feel guilty about it, I think our own culture is such, people tend to mind their own business.

Turn it around, say nothing happened, you stopped him from flying (actually avoiding a disaster), this thread would probably turned into a "why John so kaypoh" thread lol.

Difficult call I must say though I am for proactiveness.
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Sembawang funfly.. I must stress that most of the experienced flyers are not around that area when that incident happened..
                Ic, so for those who want to try to fly in different mode, can try in SIM in your friend's house first

Comment

Ya.. I just hope to alert those who doesn't know of the consequences of flying in other mode other then your own mode.. This is really an unfortunate event and i'm sure everyone will wish that it won't ever happen again..
                  AR Drone 2.0
                  Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
                  RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

i was there too and i am sad about this incident. lucky he block the heli with his hand, if not the head will be gone or other people head will be gone. so for those heli player out there, when u are flying, please also consider the people around you, if not you might get them injury too.

THE HELI LOOK LIKE A TOY, BUT IF U MIS-USE IT, THEN IT WILL BE A KILLING MACHINE.

FLY WITH CONSIDERATE FOR OTHER PEOPLE.
                    Heli
                    .FBL Protos
                    Plane
                    .Jetiger
                    .Kinetic800

Comment

Originally posted by wan81sg
                      i was there too and i am sad about this incident. lucky he block the heli with his hand, if not the head will be gone or other people head will be gone. so for those heli player out there, when u are flying, please also consider the people around you, if not you might get them injury too.

THE HELI LOOK LIKE A TOY, BUT IF U MIS-USE IT, THEN IT WILL BE A KILLING MACHINE.

FLY WITH CONSIDERATE FOR OTHER PEOPLE.
                      SGT, y u never supervise them? haha

Comment

Is it the one at the void deck when it started to rain??? I pass by there tis afternoon abt 3+pm n surprised to see quite a few flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                          Is it the one at the void deck when it started to rain??? I pass by there tis afternoon abt 3+pm n surprised to see quite a few flyers.
                          yeah and we are there waiting at the void deck for the rain to stop as the hut strip water when it rain. so u live around there? need to complain on the hut, every time strip water when raining and i alway get wet even i am in the hut. hehehehehehehe
                          Heli
                          .FBL Protos
                          Plane
                          .Jetiger
                          .Kinetic800

Comment

Hi all, I dont usually post much, but this incident has left me feeling unsettled, so i have taken the time to write this post, so that people might learn from it.
                            I need everybody's input on this. Flyers from other fields.

Who should pay for the damages? The flyer, lets call him Mr L or the owner of the heli?

Let us keep a few points in mind when considering
                            - The owner is very very new to this hobby
                            - the owner does not know how much experience Mr L has on the heli
                            - Mr L on the other hand has at least some months of experience of flying Heli
                            to know the safety aspects of it.
                            - Mr L can barely hold a good hover in front of him on his own heli!
                            - Mr L once insisted on flying his own heli even though he knew one of the
                            servos was not working properly (and ended up crashing the damn thing)

Before today, the owner and his friend sat down for 4 hours meticulously setting up the heli.
                            So, is it fair that the owner brings the heli to a shop, get it repaired there and give the total bill including repair fees to Mr L?
                            Safe to say, the owner is reluctant to let Mr L repair it because Mr L can barely handle his own heli.

Also, isnt there a rule somewhere around here that if you ask someone to fly your heli, you pay for the damages. If someone requests to fly it, he handles the damages.

Lets all be wary of Mr L, because he owns a nitro heli too! Gasp
                            YOUR safety could be compromised if you are in his vicinity.
                            Imagine all the women and children he could harm.
                            Or worse, he might get RC Heli banned in Singapore.

And as a word of caution to Mr L, if he tries to weasel his way out, evade payment, or BARGAIN, i will post his name for all to see.

Comment

No, I dont live there. Was there to check out the wet market. I stay next to the canal side. Anyway the heli in my car boot cant fly in that hut.

Comment

Working...
                              X