X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw this site may be helpful if u getting a 42'

Comment

PLASMA IS COOL

LOVE IT, to be frank, LCD is somekind of a clone haha...
      LCD is supose to be a square screen not wde screen and plasma only can be wide... so its all up to you

juz buy both of them and you'll know it
      haha
      Mini titan:
      -Z10A motor 3300kv
      -13T pinion
      -and cheap cf blades

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
        both type suppose to last u 15yrs
        who say LCD and Plamas can last 15yrs

for me i said CRT TV will last and give the true contrast ratio and black level compare to LCD and plamas.
        We cannot compare plamas and LCD as comparing apple and orange. both technology is different.
        Plamas cheap compare to LCD ?
        did you check what resolution plamas is compare to LCD when comparing the price tag ?
        both plamas and LCD has their disadv. and advantage.
        Plamas give more better contrast ratio and black level then LCD,but resolution is lower than LCD and give more heat.
        LCD has better resolution and but contrast ratio and black level is down side than plamas.
        Plamas is ex when resolution is higher.I am still using CRT TV. untill media corp has fully in HD resolution. then will be correct time to choose which one.
        for me plamas is my choice but not now.
        juz my little 2cents comments.
        JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Depends on your budget bro!

Plasma is getting cheaper today, due to price pressure from LCDTV.

Plasma if you place your reverse side of your palm on its screen, its warm.
          Whereas LCD is still cool --> less power comsumption for LCD TV.

Some said Plasma color is stronger, whereas LCD TV, only those expensive ones have strong backlight.

Most important is, are your contents ready to support FullHD ?
          You also need to ensure your DVD Player has HDMI, or converters to HDMI to fully enjoy HD resolution.

Else, wait for PCShow08 coming June08 I think...I'm sure lots of price war again and you'll be able to get good deals by then...anyway vendors now stock up too many Plasma TVs , they will try to clear stocks make way for LCD TV.

I'm waiting for my 100Hz rear-projection 43" TV to be spoilt sooner...haha...
          then get a LCD TV by then...
          Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400
            who say LCD and Plamas can last 15yrs
            The maker actually states that using either technology will provide at least 60,000 hours of life under normal viewing conditions before they lose more than half their original brightness. This translates to 27 years of continuous viewing for six hours a day.

Then again thats a IF. Nothing last forever

By the time we get Full HD..

Comment

Hahaha, flamebait thread.... I'm no expert but from the reading of the various web-sites, the general consensus is almost always that the best plasmas are better at moving objects with little of no motion artifact and give better colour and black levels. The latest generations of LCD's come close but are still not as good as the best plasmas. Of course when you compare the average plasmas with the average lcd's, then it really depends on the exact model as every model has their own idiosyncracies, so it really comes down to specific models and sizes, the 46 of a series may not have the same characteristics as the 40 of the same series.

But, resolution for resolution, and quality for quality, the plasmas are usually more expensive than the LCD's. The plasmas are thought to be more prone to burn-in of logos on the screen than LCD's, although the plasma fans always say the latest versions don't have this problem (but are you willing to take the risk?). I wasn't (since I couldn't trust my family members not to leave the sets on indefinitely on a video game in a static position and from the reading, burn in can start from as little as 1 day of abuse, depending on how you set up the screen intensity) so I'm using LCD's and very happy with them.

Most importantly, you have to adjust the settings properly, no matter what set you get as the out of the box settings are almost always bad. When I first got my X series 1.5 years ago and turned it on, I thought to myself "I paid so much $$$$ for this c_ _ p quality of picture????" but once I adjusted the settings using a set-up disc like "video essesntials", even my DVD's look good enough that people who are not familiar think that it's a HD picture and only when they actually see the actual HD picture do they realise the difference.

You should look up AVS forum (www.avsforum.com) and get a better feel of the different camps and view-points. Best of luck....
              FASST & DSM

Comment

thats why i confuse with all those wht with HDMI lah, HD ready lah , full HD lah and what 100mhz lah...

heard from one of my friend saying that coming future all hollywood movies will all in bluetooth tech and no longer HD vision... hope i get it right.

but, for me, just wanne to get a flat tv where else, my old CRT 29" tv are going to give way soon, thats why i quite confuse.

Bascially. just to watch local programmes and some children VCD, DVD Barney show

been to those harvey, courts and aduio hse to see see and me and my wife are blur where seeing so much type of plasma and most of it all LCD.
                .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
                กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider
                  thats why i confuse with all those wht with HDMI lah, HD ready lah , full HD lah and what 100mhz lah...

heard from one of my friend saying that coming future all hollywood movies will all in bluetooth tech and no longer HD vision... hope i get it right.

but, for me, just wanne to get a flat tv where else, my old CRT 29" tv are going to give way soon, thats why i quite confuse.

Bascially. just to watch local programmes and some children VCD, DVD Barney show

been to those harvey, courts and aduio hse to see see and me and my wife are blur where seeing so much type of plasma and most of it all LCD.
                  Wan cheap TV, go Mustafa, dun go HArvey or courts, it's at least $100 cheaper there than Harvey or Courts.

Comment

I think it is blu-ray.. not bluetooth

Originally posted by maskedrider
                    ....future all hollywood movies will all in bluetooth tech and no longer HD vision... hope i get it right.

Comment

I have both and I still prefer Plasma even though the latest addition is a lcd.

I find that the color of Plasma is more natural than a LCD. On a lCD, the image can be very sharp, but it just look too artificial. furthermore, I tend to get "motion sickness" when I watch movies on the LCD. I supposed that is something to do with the refresh rate of LCD.

I have never bother about the heat generated by the Plasma as I do not box up the TV. Also, I tend to sit far away from the TV, so I can never feel the heat.

"Burnt in"?
                      LCD has the same problem too, dead pixel.

having said all the above, I think the market is moving towards LCD and recently when I compare the image quality of the various brands, suprisingly, the quality of Samsung is not too bad. This is especially obvious when you watch movies with dark scenes. With that particular model of samsung, you can see the actors moving in the dark instead of just total darkness....

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                        I have both and I still prefer Plasma even though the latest addition is a lcd.

I find that the color of Plasma is more natural than a LCD. On a lCD, the image can be very sharp, but it just look too artificial. furthermore, I tend to get "motion sickness" when I watch movies on the LCD. I supposed that is something to do with the refresh rate of LCD.

I have never bother about the heat generated by the Plasma as I do not box up the TV. Also, I tend to sit far away from the TV, so I can never feel the heat.

"Burnt in"?
                        LCD has the same problem too, dead pixel.

having said all the above, I think the market is moving towards LCD and recently when I compare the image quality of the various brands, suprisingly, the quality of Samsung is not too bad. This is especially obvious when you watch movies with dark scenes. With that particular model of samsung, you can see the actors moving in the dark instead of just total darkness....
                        tads wad im trying to say, i prefer plasma... dead LCD is only when you press the screen or damaged if normal use it should not suppose to have it at least for 3 years,,,

SONY overpriced...
                        Mini titan:
                        -Z10A motor 3300kv
                        -13T pinion
                        -and cheap cf blades

Comment

hi,, I have bought a 42" hd ready plasma a year ago just about, it is great untill I saw 1 new LCD of similar size recently, brought same dvd and watch it on hd, the motion and clarity was spectacular. What impressed me was the brightness. I guess they have solve the refresh rate and backlite problem. The color is richer and vivid..so I am changing mine to LCD now....

Actually, I watch about 15 minutes of tv everyday, most of the time it is playing Barney, spongebob or powerpuff girls or E!, should have saved the money for RC and kept my CRT...

cheers

Comment

My Samsung plasma has a feature to counter burn-in. It shifts 1 pixel left/right every couple of seconds, or something like that. I think that's what they mean when they say the new versions do not have a burn-in problem?

Originally posted by klfong
                            The plasmas are thought to be more prone to burn-in of logos on the screen than LCD's, although the plasma fans always say the latest versions don't have this problem (but are you willing to take the risk?). I wasn't (since I couldn't trust my family members not to leave the sets on indefinitely on a video game in a static position and from the reading, burn in can start from as little as 1 day of abuse, depending on how you set up the screen intensity) so I'm using LCD's and very happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                              I think it is blu-ray.. not bluetooth

yeah, think is this one, thats why now think the market are trying to clear all HD ready, Full HD and get ready for this blu-ray Tech.

Originally posted by simonwoo
                              My Samsung plasma has a feature to counter burn-in. It shifts 1 pixel left/right every couple of seconds, or something like that. I think that's what they mean when they say the new versions do not have a burn-in problem?
                              i actually eyeing on Samsung brand too...
                              .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
                              กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

I bought a 42" and put in my living room, hooked it to a notebook thinking I can surf the net on a big screen. But I tell you, unless your living room is very narrow, in the end you still gotta sit in front of the TV and not on your sofa to surf

Moral of the story? Don't think there's one unless it's to tell you to go for a 100" TV one day :P

Comment

Working...
                                X