Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh..! Jet Hobby close for NY!

OMG!

I just went to JH and it WAS close...They close at 7. i came at 5.50pm.
    +it was on a monday.they closing on tuesday and so on =.=

Omg wasted trip.VERY SAD...

Now I cant fly my plane on CNY...ahhhh...Very Sad,

Wanted to buy the $59 combo offer.For my just build foam cessna!!!

Omg Sad...59 was a good deal.
    But anyone knows where i can get a deal of motor and esc Cheap too for my foam cessna??? before CNY because i wana go PFW to fly with the friendly people i met not long ago.

Originally posted by jeremyjet
    OMG!

I just went to JH and it WAS close...They close at 7. i came at 5.50pm.
    +it was on a monday.they closing on tuesday and so on =.=

Omg wasted trip.VERY SAD...

Now I cant fly my plane on CNY...ahhhh...Very Sad,

Wanted to buy the $59 combo offer.For my just build foam cessna!!!

Omg Sad...59 was a good deal.
    But anyone knows where i can get a deal of motor and esc Cheap too for my foam cessna??? before CNY because i wana go PFW to fly with the friendly people i met not long ago.

hi jeremy, u also building up your cessna? me too.

Can u advice me on wat electronics should i get, in order to run a 3S lipo batt n to let this plane fly?

Comment

Wa.i am okay okay. on this.
      Pro.s please correct me if i am wrong.

You should use a proper servo for the plane.
      Try not to get those $9 servo you see,'normally will spoil sooner or later.
      Hmm...Why not get a Futaba Servo(i am using) or somthing which can be durable. This i found is quite good deal. http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...82&idx=1&gid=5

For ESC AND MOTOR>I WOULD GET http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...82&idx=1&gid=5

I WAS GOING to get that TODAY but Jet Hobby IS CLOSE

Anyway...Thats about it for 'OUR' Cessna.

Comment

Opps Wrong Esc & motor Link.

Its FOR $59 Quite good price you can find for some places

Comment

Ah Moh will be back on the 13th.
          sigpic
          FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

I was there ard 6pm+ too, wanted to get some stuff for my boat. Since he closed, I walked out of the building n queue up for bak kwa instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyjet
              I'm thinking of using my spare Align ESC, which was for my heli, to be used on the Cessna. So do they sell the motor separately?

Comment

HI Jeremy, Janson,

check out this thread, see Page 5 posting #67, discussion on modifying the eStarter might be helpful in your buiding of chessna.

the pink motor is about the same price as the new gold-casing AVI2212 look alike... personally I would recommend U to get this motor instead...and a 25A Hobbywing ESC, though not combo anymore.

Don't get too cheap a servo, e.g. like those $9 type cos it may be fragile.
                More important is the Aileron are free to move up/down with min resistence,
                that way, less power or torgue is required on the servo arms to move the ailerons.

cheers!
                Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Hi Jeremy,

give a call to Alex, 96915131. he may have spare combo to sell you bro!
                  Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Hi Jeremy

If you really wanna fly these few days, I can loan you my spare motor/esc. It's basically the same as the combo you were talking about. You can also take it off me at a discount if you want.. I have a lot of spare motors/ESCs lying around :P

And this is my personal opinion. For this plane, you don't need a souped up setup. This small motor and 18A ESC will suffice. Even the 'cheapo' servos you mentioned, they will still serve the purpose as long as you fly it as it should be flown. I was using the Airtechnic servos for my E-Starter. Initially some bad landings also stripped the nylon gears easily, surprise surprise. But Jet also sells replacement gears, so it's not that bad.. I would save the better servos (carbonite/metal gears) for the more 'dangerous' planes

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
                      Hi Jeremy

If you really wanna fly these few days, I can loan you my spare motor/esc. It's basically the same as the combo you were talking about. You can also take it off me at a discount if you want.. I have a lot of spare motors/ESCs lying around :P
                      Whaa! Next time I will get spare ESCs from you. Just joking. Anyway the UH stuff came in, so I got 1 spare ESC for now!
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Haha.. I also got enough spares to build a new plane if I want :P Kiasu syndrome :P I also got more 25A ESCs, so don't think I will be using the old 18A much moving forward.. Same goes for the small motors :P

Comment

Hi Jeremy

And this is my personal opinion. For this plane, you don't need a souped up setup. This small motor and 18A ESC will suffice. Even the 'cheapo' servos you mentioned, they will still serve the purpose as long as you fly it as it should be flown. I was using the Airtechnic servos for my E-Starter. Initially some bad landings also stripped the nylon gears easily, surprise surprise. But Jet also sells replacement gears, so it's not that bad.. I would save the better servos (carbonite/metal gears) for the more 'dangerous' planes
                          hehe. do u happen to have any spare motor to sell it off as well? I wanna use it on my Ultrafly Cessna 182 wif align ESC & some not so good 3S lipo taken from my heli

Comment

Hee hee paisay actually I wasn't trying to sell anything, was just trying to help Jeremy get to fly these few days since Jet is closed and he's such a nice kid :P

I actually have an assortment of motors on 'standby' :
                            EMAX CF2822
                            Hyperion Waypoint W-E2208-34
                            Turnigy Aerodrive C2826-1650
                            GS C28-26-12
                            Revox KA20-26M

I've installed the EMAX BL2215/20 on all my warbirds - half throttle enough to zoom around already, with enough for the punch when I want to

I can lend if you need a motor urgently to fly lah

Comment

Hee hee paisay actually I wasn't trying to sell anything, was just trying to help Jeremy get to fly these few days since Jet is closed and he's such a nice kid :P

I actually have an assortment of motors on 'standby' :
                              EMAX CF2822
                              Hyperion Waypoint W-E2208-34
                              Turnigy Aerodrive C2826-1650
                              GS C28-26-12
                              Revox KA20-26M

I've installed the EMAX BL2215/20 on all my warbirds - half throttle enough to zoom around already, with enough for the punch when I want to

I can lend if you need a motor urgently to fly lah
                              Is ok, thanks. just looking for a motor for my cessna, no hurry

Comment

Working...
                              X