Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping at the flying sites?

I believe there have been incidents where someone comes along and ask for your help to setup their equipment, etc. however from just a few questions here and there, you knew they didn't even bother to read any page of the instruction manuals at all, but simply pop by and expect others to do EVERYTHING for them.

here's an interesting read from the aussie forums on this topic as well
    Hi A couple of heli pilots in our club including me are getting a bid p....d off with some guys come and bring there helis with them and expect us to
    Last edited by ammo; 29-01-2008, 08:35 PM.

Don't get the wrong idea, i'm ok with helping out, but it would be helpful if the person does his fair share of homework first.

Q: i buy this alicopter but there are some things i don't understand, can ask you?
    A: yup, how can i help?
    Q: how come my radio switch on for 1 min then will beep continuously and shut off already?
    A: Did you charge the batteries?
    Q: huh? the batteries need to charge one ah?
    A: Erm, yes? that's abt the first page of your radio instruction manual
    Q: oh, is it? how do i charge huh?
    A: (*^%&^$%$#$%@%(^$&)%^*(

Comment

I encountered people that keep asking me questions when I was flying my heli....
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
        Don't get the wrong idea, i'm ok with helping out, but it would be helpful if the person does his fair share of homework first.

Q: i buy this alicopter but there are some things i don't understand, can ask you?
        A: yup, how can i help?
        Q: how come my radio switch on for 1 min then will beep continuously and shut off already?
        A: Did you charge the batteries?
        Q: huh? the batteries need to charge one ah?
        A: Erm, yes? that's abt the first page of your radio instruction manual
        Q: oh, is it? how do i charge huh?
        A: (*^%&^$%$#$%@%(^$&)%^*(
        haha, i din know this (*^%&^$%$#$%@%(^$&)%^*( can charge up the batt

Comment

What really make me irritated is people coming up and ask this question: "how far/high can it go ah?" or "this one petrol ah?"

I have no problems with people having minor setup issues but just hearing this question really makes me ..

They seems to only have a same standard question..
          AR Drone 2.0
          Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
          Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
          RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

ammo - that made me laugh mate

stupidest question i was ever asked while flying a heli, and this was a trex 450, mind u - an actual conversation i had before, i have never forgotten it :

bystander: wow, is that battery powered?
            me: no, it's powered by steam, can't u see the smoke? it's quite faint though
            bystander: hmm..oh yeah, i see it!
            me: (thinking in my head) yeah..duh
            bystander: can that carry 1 kilo of rice and fly it to your house
            me: (thinking in my head) wtf? carry rice? i think he wants to send the heli for errands and buy his groceries for him?!
            me: no, 1 kilo cannot, 1/2 kilo can. don't know though if it can carry rice, maybe pork or beef can bwehehe

bystander walks away.
            me, smiling.
            « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

I totally agree ....some Sundays I spend more time fixing other helis then flying my own. ( even one or two that I not flown at all !)

I think the key issue here is "the person does his fair share of homework first." as Ken said.

I have no issues in helping out someone who has tried and has done some work and just needs a bit of help to get the setup right. After all Mike, Art, Fit , AceV, MHelinut and Kang all helped me out when I started.
              But the person has to have made some effort in getting it right ..even if its totally wrong, they have made that effort.

Its like kids wanting you do their homework for them, you can help them but they have to be the ones that do it!

just my $0.02

Comment

Yes it really gets on the nerves when it happens. But can't be avoided as there's always such people around. Just have to ignore them.

Comment

Yar... Some people ah...

Comment

Our policy at our Fri Nite FFs is simply.

Help the newbies by teaching and showing them the ropes, the really blur ones gets the benefits of a repeat telecast.

Those who come back for third helpings gets booted off the deep end !
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Agree
                      And you helped me with my 'oh so freaking wrong' heli when i started

Originally posted by Tele
                      I totally agree ....some Sundays I spend more time fixing other helis then flying my own. ( even one or two that I not flown at all !)

I think the key issue here is "the person does his fair share of homework first." as Ken said.

I have no issues in helping out someone who has tried and has done some work and just needs a bit of help to get the setup right. After all Mike, Art, Fit , AceV, MHelinut and Kang all helped me out when I started.
                      But the person has to have made some effort in getting it right ..even if its totally wrong, they have made that effort.

Its like kids wanting you do their homework for them, you can help them but they have to be the ones that do it!

just my $0.02
                      Heli:
                      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                      . Ok Model Medallion
                      . E*Star Storch
                      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                      . Canon 7D & 500D
                      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                      . Canon 85mm f1.8
                      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

Help the newbies by teaching and showing them the ropes, the really blur ones gets the benefits of a repeat telecast.

Yup... Always teach a fisherman how to fish and not fish for the fisherman...

Comment

Originally posted by Tele

just my $0.02

yan man doug...vaguely remembered one ang mo who came to marina south with his heli strapped to his bike not too long ago

TREX 500 ESP
                          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit

I'm glad i needed only one round

Comment

i believe everywhere is the same....

lets have the top 10 questions people asked.....

the most:
                              1. how far can this fly?

Comment

Working...
                              X