Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airbrush compressor help

hi..just wanna ask where to get an airbrush compressor and a good airbrush for about 250?? is it important that the air compressor must have a (water trape)?? so it will have a good paint job?? where can i get it?? thanks..

different airbrush would mean different price
    i would recommend you to have a 3mm airbrush if you a beginner
    cos its cheaper

its a must to have a water trap....... or moisture in the air will mix into the paint in the end you will have a bad paint job....

try prardise centre basement...... the japanese boss is very good and kind to give you advice on airbrush and you can spray there lor......

Comment

water trap is important .

in plastic model there are 3 kinds of paint.

1.enamel
      2.lacquer
      3.acrylic

However, we are using acrylic which is water soluble. so actually it is "ok"

but if can afford, it is important to have a water trap.

by the way, there are many water trap. choose a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by windgod
        water trap is important .

in plastic model there are 3 kinds of paint.

1.enamel
        2.lacquer
        3.acrylic

However, we are using acrylic which is water soluble. so actually it is "ok"

but if can afford, it is important to have a water trap.

by the way, there are many water trap. choose a good one.
        NO no... even if acrylic paints are water soluble, it is still very important to use a water trap. If not, water will be sputting out of the airbrush and that will really ruin your paint job.
        Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
        Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
        Esky Dauphin
        Walkera Lama 2
        Walkera 5G6
        Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
        Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
        Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by copycat_00
          hi..just wanna ask where to get an airbrush compressor and a good airbrush for about 250?? is it important that the air compressor must have a (water trape)?? so it will have a good paint job?? where can i get it?? thanks..

U can get industrial grade water trap (2nd hand) for around$50 at SLT. A new one will cost about $500+++.... That's the quality I am talking about here. U may find that some water traps are working but water still comes out of the airbrush.

There's a way around it. Wat u need to do is to lengthen or add a hose between the air compressor and the water trap. The idea is to let the hot air from the compressor cool by travelling through a long length of hose before going into the water trap. This will significantly improve the efficiency of the water trap to ensure that absolutely no water comes ot of the airbrush while you are spray painting. This is because if the air is still hot, water will still travel in the hot air as water vapour and condenses at the tip of the air brush where it is very cold. And if u cool the air before it enters the water trap, most of the water from the air will condense inside the hose and be trapped in the water trap.
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

little giant is correct for the water trap.

By the way,I use normal water trap from hobby shop.

there is one more thing due to water.

guys, remember to open the screw under the air tank because there will be water trapped inside the air tank due to compression of air.

if you don't "release" this water, the air tank will be rusted inside and you will also have rust in your paint job. The rust may choke the airbrush and ruin paint job.

Comment

different airbrush would mean different price
              i would recommend you to have a 3mm airbrush if you a beginner
              cos its cheaper

its a must to have a water trap....... or moisture in the air will mix into the paint in the end you will have a bad paint job....

try prardise centre basement...... the japanese boss is very good and kind to give you advice on airbrush and you can spray there lor......

thank for the reply guys...btw zattan22 where is prardise centre?? roughly how much i have to pay for a ok compressor and airbrush for beginner..thanks

Comment

little giant is correct for the water trap.

By the way,I use normal water trap from hobby shop.

there is one more thing due to water.

guys, remember to open the screw under the air tank because there will be water trapped inside the air tank due to compression of air.

if you don't "release" this water, the air tank will be rusted inside and you will also have rust in your paint job. The rust may choke the airbrush and ruin paint job.

Yeah must get one good tank that wun rust. Best bet is still to moisture trap them with plastic cups moisture traps.
                Esky Dauphin
                Walkera Lama 2
                Walkera 5G6
                Brushless Micro-T

Comment

for good compressor and airbrush. try these 2 places

Miniature hobby-- second floor marina square

gandam shop -- inside sunshine plaza (the one with a lady owner)

get one compressor with water trap and air tank

Comment

Just bought air brush set

I just got my airbush + compressor set at marina square today. got sales till 13th Jan. Cost me ard $200 plus 7 bottles of paint some more. great bargain, for more info can contact windgod. he recommended me there.

Comment

thank you, everyone, if you need airbrush and accessories, please go there before 13 Jan . the discount is 30% or more and if you pay cash , you will get another 3% more. to get good service, please tell them that willy recommend you to buy.

not many stock left.

anyone who need airbrushing advice, please contact me

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by copycat_00
                        thank for the reply guys...btw zattan22 where is prardise centre?? roughly how much i have to pay for a ok compressor and airbrush for beginner..thanks

HI, pls go to any art school and look for second hand compressor and airbrush at the notice board. I bought both my set from art school. Even though both were second hand, they have only been used for one project in one module. They were as good as new, also some of them are high end european compressor with very good handpieces, normally it about half the price of new ones. I have used my second set for 13 years now, overhauled once and still running strong. Water trap and a good regulator is a must if you intent to do airbrushing seriously. For RC models pls get a hand piece that is suitable, most of the hobby shops sell 0.3 or 0.2mm handpieces which are suitable for static modelling and small objects.

Lastly, since you will be investing few hundred dollars on the set, pls also buy a proper chemical respirator, not a dust mask! quite a few famous static modellers have died of strage form of lung cancer. Some of the paint solvents are also cummulative toxin, once inhale, it will stay in your liver for the rest of your life. Pls becareful, particularly if you have children in the house.

Having said all that. airbrushing is really fun after you get the hang of it. It is an entire new art by itself, again require peserverence first few months, learning mostly to mix paint to the proper consistentcy and controlling your hand. Also quite a bit to learn about what paint goes with what thinner. Goto japanese gundam site, excellent tips on airbrushing.

some of my static projects...

cheers.
                        kevin

Comment

wow, an expert in the hidding. i like the tomcat . is it 1/32?

Comment

Originally posted by skyfool
                            I just got my airbush + compressor set at marina square today. got sales till 13th Jan. Cost me ard $200 plus 7 bottles of paint some more. great bargain, for more info can contact windgod. he recommended me there.

Wat kinda airbrush did u get? Gravity feed or siphon? I recommend gravity-feed type. Saves u alot of trouble in the long run. The siphon one a everytime u break it down to clean, u may have trouble getting it to work properly again. Then it suffers from all kinda feeding problem, bubbling, paint not coming out, paint leaking....... Rich is a good brand from Japan about $120 for a basic one. I've been using one for 7 years??? Still work as good as new.
                            Esky Dauphin
                            Walkera Lama 2
                            Walkera 5G6
                            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

wow, an expert in the hidding. i like the tomcat . is it 1/32?
                              Thanks for the kind words, they are only 1/48, and they are the Academy kit, one of the best and accurate f-14 in that scale, also quite reasonably price. Next best is revell, but the kit is old and lack updated detail. The Hasegawa one, I think is way off, too fat and anhedral angle is wrong and way too expensive, also too many unnecessary pieces.

I do have a few 1/32 tomcats, again the revell one is the best but its all can build to f-14A only. The tamiya ones cost half a kidney and it comes with raise panel lines!!

I am a big F-14 fan, Diamond back and new Jolly Rogers. To bad they will all be melted down for aluminum soon probably to build more oversize hornet.."bumble bees"!

Current project is 1/32 F-4C tamiya in Vietnam war camo. Due to commitment with rc , it has been going on for 3 years, and have just finish the seats!

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X