Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion - the older you are, the better your piloting skillz

The older you are, the better your skillz in piloting.

True or false?
    The younger the better
    46.15%
    The older the better
    15.38%
    It depends on your eyesight
    38.46%
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

false and very false.

When you are young, you don't care about $$$ and don't need to worry because someone else will pay for you... so you fly with no worries...

When you get older, you need to think about $$$, especially when you are still in sch with no income. With so many things in life going on, somehow even $2 a litre of petrol also seem expensive, not to mention nitro...then you only dare to fly 60% level most of the time, i.e slow and leisure...

but its true that you get better with more practise...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
      false and very false.

When you are young, you don't care about $$$ and don't need to worry because someone else will pay for you... so you fly with no worries...
      not true ok !!!
      Helis
      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
        not true ok !!!
        young as in those primary and secondary sch kids lah...anyone above 16 is OLD liao

sigpic

Comment

false and very false.

but its true that you get better with more practise...
          Bluff one. My dad would scold me if I just accidentally bump my rc cars against the wall. That was 20 years ago ok! I had a dune buggy by this brand called TOMY. Powered by 8 ni-cds. Wonderful car. When playing the car, if my dad was around, I'll be ultra careful...

In the end my style of driving became very 'technical'.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I'm below 16 years old, so consider young Young kids learn fast, see justin chi, F3C world champ, alan szabo, theeradet....
            JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
            Solid G
            KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

young as in those primary and secondary sch kids lah...anyone above 16 is OLD liao
              Liews... I am over 2x16. That makes me an Ah Peh liao

Age doesnt matter, its the experience that makes the difference.
              Eye sight is everything... colour blind how to fly?
              sigpic
              FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

i still got 9 days before im 16.lol.means i still young.lol
                Plane 1:
                FreeWing F-15
                Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
                GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
                Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

i seriously hope that was true for me.....but unfortunately that is not the case.

in fact, my parents do not even want me in this hobby

my hb king 2 has been grounded for almost 2 weeks now just because i have to save money for the spares.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                    Liews... I am over 2x16. That makes me an Ah Peh liao

Age doesnt matter, its the experience that makes the difference.
                    Eye sight is everything... colour blind how to fly?
                    You know you are old when kids call you uncle and not "gou gou" anymore. I think at 2x16 you would have long passed that stage

i seriously hope that was true for me.....but unfortunately that is not the case.

in fact, my parents do not even want me in this hobby

my hb king 2 has been grounded for almost 2 weeks now just because i have to save money for the spares.
                    try to fly within your limit loh. The best way to convince your parents is tell them the money gotta go somewhere, money in heli is way better than drinking or clubbing right? For a teenager in this hobby(I assume you are?), you really need sponsorship and support from your parents, otherwise its going to be a bit tough. Most importantly, have some savings, you never know what is going to break tomorrow

sigpic

Comment

try to fly within your limit loh. The best way to convince your parents is tell them the money gotta go somewhere, money in heli is way better than drinking or clubbing right? For a teenager in this hobby(I assume you are?), you really need sponsorship and support from your parents, otherwise its going to be a bit tough. Most importantly, have some savings, you never know what is going to break tomorrow
                      that somewhere is my savings for my future education.......
                      although my parents do not support me, i am not angry with them as i know that they use the money and put it to good use like my academics and my future.
                      afterall, this is just a hobby

Comment

Originally posted by chinbqs
                        although my parents do not support me, i am not angry with them as i know that they use the money and put it to good use like my academics and my future.
                        So you should study harder and get scholarship, then don't need to pay for education, so the money can be use in other places..like r/c

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chinbqs
                          Upzz for ur thoughts
                          JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
                          Solid G
                          KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

Originally posted by cyz0301
                            Upzz for ur thoughts
                            WOW, ur parents really supportive, all ur stuff are so stylo that me as a working adult can't afford. Envy man.............

Comment

Well back to the topic, I guess the younger you are, the hand-eye coordination works better, making you more responsive a s a flyer.

You pick it up faster and of course you're more adventurous with new tricks. Older people tend to be more conversative and prudent.

Comment

Working...
                              X