Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone ever made homemade rockets using sparkler powder as fuel?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ever made homemade rockets using sparkler powder as fuel?

anyone ever tried making a rocket using sparklers as fuel before??i have been doing this for more than 3 years but each has never succeeded and ends up blowing up.anyone have tips or building instructions if u ever built one?? if u have any other ideas or maybe using different types of fuel?
    Don't PCW

Beam E4
    Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

I have before many many many years ago in Pri/Sec sch times..
    U have to use those special paper than not so easy to burn..

Like the "silver paper" that come with cigarette boxes..
    wrap around a satay stick with powder inside..
    burn the bottom and it'll shoot off lor..

Comment

no lar ,i talking about the more 'man' kind of rocket....those that launch off not shoot off .those that leave behind a fiery comet tail just like the full scale space shuttle.making the fiery comet tail is easy...all my rockets had that effect. my problem is that the rocket either has not enough lift and burns away slowly.the other problem is that the rocket cannot handle the internal pressure stress and explodes with a pow and causes a mushroom-like smoke.i read on howstuffworks.com that rockets require a nozzle(in lay mans term..a compressor)which i did not include in my previous rockets cos wat i learned in science "ruduce area to increase pressure" but if this is the case,i would have to use a stronger material such as clay but that means a heavier rocket.
      what do i do?????!!!!!i almost at my wits end!!
      BTW:in my next rocket,it would definately have a nozzle.And i would do scientific calculations before launchoff.now that i think of it,it makes sense why previous rockets did not lift off.
      Don't PCW

Beam E4
      Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Dun waste time on all that fancy stuff IMHO, just use the sparklers own cardboard packaging to wrap the entire content and launch it. If u can find those with the whisling noise as they burn then it'll be double the fun
        Failure is not final,
        Success is never ending:
        It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Aiya, that time i boy of coz make "Boy" rockets ma!

I think u might find this site interesting!
          Guess u can try ordering the kits w/o the fuel?

Extensive selection of high-quality domain names. Knowledgeable, friendly customer support.

Comment

eh looks cool.do u noe where we can find this in SG??
            Don't PCW

Beam E4
            Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

you bonjour brat !! remember the days of potassium nitrate, permaganate, suphur, sugar....etc hahaha

make your own sparkler powder, its much much cheaper...

If ya interested: 75% potassium nitrate
              15% charcoal
              10% sulphur
              (by weight ) works perfectly like a charm

Bright orange kind of fire.

For sparkler effect, add aluminum powder. Aka bronzing powder from paint shops.

Comment

Hahahaha good old days where things made some serious bangs without flying
                Failure is not final,
                Success is never ending:

Comment

ya, it never flew, cuz its too heavy and not enough thrust velocity. A good nozzle would take care of that.

But we did succeed in making alot of smoke... seriously ALOT !! hahaha

I still have some KNO3 sitting at home and CNY is coming... makes me think of some crazy ideas....

Comment

wa...where to find all the elements/comounds for this mixture?would definately like to try it out at the risk of blowing myself up if it is more powerful than sparkler powder
                    Don't PCW

Beam E4
                    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Nah, sparkler powder is better, burns faster, but more ex. U can get potassium nitrate from plant shops, they are used as fertilisers, but not that pure, if u want purer ones, can get from chem shops. Sulphur from golden mile. Carbon from charcoal. As yeow hwee mentioned, adding aluminum powder aka bronzing powder from paint shops, u can make urself a nice flash bang
                      Failure is not final,
                      Success is never ending:

Comment

Originally posted by BonJour Brat
                        Nah, sparkler powder is better, burns faster, but more ex. U can get potassium nitrate from plant shops, they are used as fertilisers, but not that pure, if u want purer ones, can get from chem shops. Sulphur from golden mile. Carbon from charcoal. As yeow hwee mentioned, adding aluminum powder aka bronzing powder from paint shops, u can make urself a nice flash bang
                        know of any Shops in singapiore that sells Pure potassium nitrate?

Comment

Home Made Rockets

Hi All

My advise to you is DON,T PLAY WITH FIRE AND BURN DOWN YOUR HOME OR DISFIGURE YOURSELF.

From the forum you will notice Ryan's misadventure on LIPO charging. It is sad enough.

Maybe all LIPO must carry a Warning Sign on Charging.

.NEVER LEAVE YOUR CHARGING UNATTENDED

Wise up Young Man and Just go Fly E HELI
                          Vifo

Comment

ya, if u play with these stuff, do it outside your house. trust me, you wouldnt want your house to become a smoke chamber...

hey... just in case u were interested.... have a simple recipe to share...

take a 1.5 l coke bottle, add dry ice to it, put water, screw the cap on and RUN LIKE CRAZY. Cover your ears as well.

The bang is really loud and will leave your ears ringing if ya too close to it.

I tried using the green tea bottle, its much stronger and louder...

woo hoo... do it at some bare field, try to have a clear area of 50 m radius... ( ya, and dun be stupid enough to try it in your house )

Lastly, do it at your own risk.

Comment

Heres one too.

With Those Sparkler sticks use 12 pcs of them tape them tightly togeather with one igniter with Tip facing down Protruding 3-4cm
                              you get a Mini Dynamite with Lots of smoke =) it gives a loud bang.

I've used Paper tape, you have to tape them really Tight with no openings for it to work.

all 12 tip muz me facing the direction of the igniter tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X