Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, please do get me wrong. The cambridge audio is less than $450.
    Whereas the $54k speakers system I'm talking about is two pre-amp and two Amp per speaker. One set of two speakers and not inclusive of the cables.

High End is relative. To some people, $54k is only entry level.

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
    $54k can buy high end liao

Comment

Originally posted by mave
      Whereas the $54k speakers system I'm talking about is two pre-amp and two Amp per speaker. One set of two speakers and not inclusive of the cables.

Wah $54k to me is quite high end liao...two pre two power per side still call entry level, brother you power sia Make my 300b push pull sound like children's toy

sigpic

Comment

Haha, yup, everything is relative. Someday (Ok, im dreaming too big).

Didnt know about tv speakers needing an amp. In that case a set of creative or altec com speakers should suffice, temporarily at least. Also, is it true that music is recorded in 2.1 so there's no need for more speakers?

Comment

oh and in the course of searching for information found that creative.com and apple.com.sg sells refurbished stuff. I-Trigue 2.1 3300 Refurbished for $55 and I-Trigue L3500 Refurbished for $79.http://sg.store.creative.com/product...aspx?catid=618
          Fits into budget quite comfortably. Haha. On a side note, refurbished ipod video 30gb for $288. Not sure about the condition though. Not sure if its old news, but its new to me. haha

Comment

It really depends on what you want ! ....listening to music ....get a 2.1 speaker system ....watching movies, get a 5.1 suround sound system.

Most computer speakers systems cannot measure up to the audiophile standard ! ......but if you are on a budget and dun mind .....try the ProMedia GMX A-2.1 from Klipsch as mentioned by Bro twisted

Originally posted by twisted
            take a look at klipsch at http://www.klipsch.com/world/as/en/p...gmx-a-2-1.aspx
            I am using em. If memory serves me right, they are around $300 something.
            I was shock by it's level of performance the first time I heard it and brought a set (for my computer) .....found out later that this is the benchmark speaker system which other computer speakers sets are guaged by !
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
              It really depends on what you want ! ....listening to music ....get a 2.1 speaker system ....watching movies, get a 5.1 suround sound system.

Most computer speakers systems cannot measure up to the audiophile standard ! ......but if you are on a budget and dun mind .....try the ProMedia GMX A-2.1 from Klipsch as mentioned by Bro twisted

I was shock by it's level of performance the first time I heard it and brought a set (for my computer) .....found out later that this is the benchmark speaker system which other computer speakers sets are guaged by !
              Thanks. Which shop sells them? The website only states the distributor. Will most probably get them.

Comment

Hi Ghostfit, I will put in my 2 cent too...

I will vote for a Home Brew Speaker system by Creative!

Originally posted by Ghostfit

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                  Thanks. Which shop sells them? The website only states the distributor. Will most probably get them.
                  Can get from SIM LIM Square... can compare prices too
                  Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
                  Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
                  Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
                  Things to Sell:
                  - T-rex 450XL NIB
                  - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

$54K + another 10K to renovate your living room or a private room

A $54K system will sound like a $5K system if run without proper sound proofing..

You can check out those home theatre system. Comes with Speakers, subwoofer and Amp. Of course, sound cannot compare to audiophile system, but for the price, its value for money.

Also, I have a Cambridge Audio AMP(without speakers) lying around, it is value for money too and well within your budget.

Another system that is Audiophile quality will be going around $54k, that is if you are going to stretch your budget a bit.

Comment

Yes,

a nicely sound isolated room.
                      Cool to a nice temperature of 21 to 24 degrees.
                      A good comfortable sofa....

Anyway, coming back to the question asked by the thread starter, Sim lim will have quite a good selection of Speakers, from Hifi to PC speakers. A good place to start your hunt for speakers.

Originally posted by tucfaz
                      $54K + another 10K to renovate your living room or a private room

A $54K system will sound like a $5K system if run without proper sound proofing..

Comment

Hi Ghostfit, I will put in my 2 cent too...

I will vote for a Home Brew Speaker system by Creative!

Bro Charles, you gotta have a listen to the Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 system to know what I'm talking about ....they at a different level from even the best from Creative.

Originally posted by Mathieu
                        You should ask around and compare prices from the various shops which stocks them at Sim Lim Square. .....I got mine for around $325 (few years back) and I dun think the price has changed much !

.....However dun let anyone conned into buying the Klipsch ProMedia GMX 5.1 system .....that one not so good !

Comment

Hey Mat...

these speakers are also very good -promedia thx 2.1

The Latest in Movie reviews, visit us every week for two to four Movie Reviews, old and New, streaming and in the theater.

Bought them, many years back. Not sure whether u can still get em. IMHO the creative speakers dont hold a candle to the klipsch. Even gives the Bose a run for its money.

I gave away my 4.1 creative digital speakers. They were used for my gaming. Extremely dissapointed with em.

The thx unit is hooked to my PC and the gmx to the TV. U are more than welcome to come over to my humble home for a comparo. I did not want large speakers and also 5.1. I am completely satisfied with my speakers in terms of sound quality for the price I paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted
                            The thx unit is hooked to my PC and the gmx to the TV. U are more than welcome to come over to my humble home for a comparo. I did not want large speakers and also 5.1. I am completely satisfied with my speakers in terms of sound quality for the price I paid for.

Comment

Working...
                            X