Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC shop in Hong Kong

Am planning to go H.K. to visit friends. Any RC shop to recommend.
    Also heard Mega Motors are cheaper if bought in H.K. IF true want to know the shop and address.

Thanks

Try Kwong Wa Street in Mong Kok

Hi, I just came back from Hong Kong on business and found quite a few hobbyshops along Kwong Wa Street in Mong Kok area. If you are into Hyperion planes, check out Sky-Tech Hobby (12 Kwong Wa Street) . I got myself an Edge 540T 25e and Cap 232 25e . The owner Bruce is a nice chap, allowed me to open all the boxes and see the planes before choosing. If you want more details on how to get there give me a PM

Comment

Wow... You got a nice planes. Btw how much you bought?

Comment

Nice planes bro. Also curious to know how much you got them for?

How was it getting them back to Singapore?

Cheers
        Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

I think they are around $220 or $230 each, managed to get a discount cos I bought heaps of other things like sevos, motors and other accessories. The box that comes with it is quite large but as I was there only for 2 days I didn't have much luggage. If you buy the 10e sized then maybe can hand carry in the plane. Those are about $125

I managed to check it in with lots of fragile tags pasted all over, the boxes arrived a little dented but the parts were packed so well that there was no damage to the planes. Anyway I know SIA is quite reliable and will compensate you if there is any damage.

Just to be safe ask the shop to provide a proper receipt so that you can use it to claim against the airline should you find any damage :0.

Hope info is useful

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by yoozac
            I think they are around $220 or $230 each, managed to get a discount cos I bought heaps of other things like sevos, motors and other accessories. The box that comes with it is quite large but as I was there only for 2 days I didn't have much luggage. If you buy the 10e sized then maybe can hand carry in the plane. Those are about $125

I managed to check it in with lots of fragile tags pasted all over, the boxes arrived a little dented but the parts were packed so well that there was no damage to the planes. Anyway I know SIA is quite reliable and will compensate you if there is any damage.

Just to be safe ask the shop to provide a proper receipt so that you can use it to claim against the airline should you find any damage :0.

Hope info is useful

Cheers
            Great! Thank you very much.

Have fun flying the chic looking plane.

Cheers
            Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
              Great! Thank you very much.

Have fun flying the chic looking plane.

Cheers

Hi Yoozac,
              I visited Kwong Wah street, but was there too early. I think the shops there open at about noon. I also went to RC Radar near Ngu Tau Kok station for World Models. I found that the prices were between 15-20% cheaper than here, taking into account the discounts that they give on the spot.

I will be going to Ningbo in a fortnight, will be passing thru HK on my way back. Hope to spend a day there looking for planes and RC stuffs. What's the name of the shop which you bought the kits?

Thanks.

MS

Comment

If you are looking for hyperion stuff, the place I got it from is called Sky-Tech Hobby , 12 Kwong Wa Street. Owner is called Bruce (nice guy). Anyway you are right most of the shops open quite late so have lunch first before going over.

Before you go to SkyTech, check out AIRCRAFT-WORLD now as they are having sales on some of the planes

My Cap 232 25E is only $109 USD.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoozac
                  If you are looking for hyperion stuff, the place I got it from is called Sky-Tech Hobby , 12 Kwong Wa Street. Owner is called Bruce (nice guy). Anyway you are right most of the shops open quite late so have lunch first before going over.

Before you go to SkyTech, check out AIRCRAFT-WORLD now as they are having sales on some of the planes

My Cap 232 25E is only $109 USD.....

OK, now where is Aircraft world? Can you point me to their website?

Thanks.

MS

Comment

http://aircraft-world.com/

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
                    Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Normally most of the hobby shops in HK open at about 2pm onwards except for Radar.com(Ngu Tau Kok station) which open at 10.30am.
                      For R/C tanks by Tamiya the best deals will be with TQ Racing located along Kwong Wah street.

Babylon5- enjoy your shopping trip (got a Ducted fan unit with Motor at a very good price at Radar).

Comment

Hi guys,

I've never really bought large items on my travels. I would like to know whether you can hand carry a 3kg Honeybee king2 into the plane back from hong kong? Cos I feel unsafe with leaving it in the cargo bay.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Comment

Originally posted by ridz
                          Normally most of the hobby shops in HK open at about 2pm onwards except for Radar.com(Ngu Tau Kok station) which open at 10.30am.
                          For R/C tanks by Tamiya the best deals will be with TQ Racing located along Kwong Wah street.

Babylon5- enjoy your shopping trip (got a Ducted fan unit with Motor at a very good price at Radar).
                          Thanks Ridz for the info.

Hope to get some good stuffs back.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X