Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suck at broad jump, but when i was in bmt, my sgt gave me very good pointers and i was able to jump further than usual

first is stand with your legs apart, shoulder width. not too close, not too far apart.

next u bend yr knee not over the tip of your toe, i.e. you dont need to bend much

swing your arms. when you swing forward, it is the momentum that carries you. with correct sync of your knee-bend and arm-swing, you throw yourself forward and be surprised.

if your technique is correct, u only need to swing 2-3 times before you jump. no need to swing 20 times.

Comment

ok just some simple pointers, hope you find it useful.

Just like Chinese Martial arts, a lot of power comes from your foundation and that means hip. Punching without hip results in no power, same goes with jumping. What you need to train before anything else is EXPLOSIVE power to jump. You need to explode forward (most from hip thigh motion), most power comes from the explosiveness of the initial lift off. The swinging of arm also helps quite a bit, that is the only 2 pieces of dead weight you momentarily make it "weightless" and help with forward momentum.

AND no matter how good you were at it before, if you dun train for a few years, you will see decreasng power as age catches up kekeke. I went from gold to silver and now to full time regular RT sigh. I even tried to think myself as a horse kekeke it doesn't help 1 bit
      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

I think my 2.4km technique is different from u guys.

At the start, I chiong all the way, on par wif those gold awards runners. Then I gradually pace myself. At the last 200m, its full sprint ahead!!!

2.4km is abt training n more training. Run at least 3 times a week n choose the correct running shoes!!! The SAF issued one will do. I got my Silver in my active days wif those shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
          this is by far my weakest station so far. my target is 2.2-2.3m so i can at least go for the basic 2 month BMT instead of three. sigh, been training for some time but the best i can manage is 1.9m. i'm a fairly short person at 1.65 and people have been telling me its in the technique. what technique can i use to practice? i've got at best a week left.
          if you want i can help to see. i just passed my ippt. height only 1 cm taller than you...

at almost twice your age, i still can go 239cm on first attempt

Comment

i tink cycling will help, standing broad jumps use the same muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
              I never had a problem wif Standing Broad jump b4, its always a 5 points n overshoot the max numbers. For me, bend my knees, look ahead, one swing n jump.

I had a fren who was shorter than me n jumps as far as me too. He always plays basketball n I think that helps too. So play more basketball.

haha Adrian, with your height, you'd pass even if you tripped!
              F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
              F5D Stratair Demon
              F5D Jibe
              Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
              Voodoo S400
              Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
              La Racer 56

Comment

did an early morning run at the gombak stadium after my driving lesson. glad to say i made my goal of 11mins with the vast majority of it running instead of walking. so far this is my best i've ever done...a days rest and i will try the actual one on friday.

but the jump still no hope in sight. i've tried the techniques here but never got more than 2m
                JR 9x
                Raptor 50 SE
                Raptor 90 3D
                Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

but the jump still no hope in sight. i've tried the techniques here but never got more than 2m
                  For me, being 159cm (yes I'm short), making 225cm jump is no prob, if i do the following
                  -Look far and aim far
                  -Legs at most comfortable position apart
                  -Body lean slightly forward
                  -Swing arms in a natural momentum
                  -Jump hard and HIGH
                  -The higher u jump,with the body leaning forward,naturally distance should be further.

Hope this helps. You do it!
                  Alternatively,try eating frog legs....

Comment

now i shall reveal the all famous and sought after standing braod jump move
                    its called the "creep"

you do the crouch then you swing your arms and make momentum

then as your arms swing back and you crouch down,

you jump! but together with your arms swinging out making for an additional force to pull your further

tuck your outstreched legs back to the front and now you should be like a
                    prawn

flying in mid air

the key is not to jump high or low but just swee swee

then once you land and realise its still not enough .......

you wiggle and you creep your feet a bit forward....

f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics

What?! Very smelly leh this method... aiyoh.. not encouraged
                      Can do it one lah, actual performance always better than rehearsal one.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                        What?! Very smelly leh this method... aiyoh.. not encouraged
                        Can do it one lah, actual performance always better than rehearsal one.
                        juz kidding ....
                        actually its all a matter of technique...
                        know your weak points and work on it
                        all people do diff ways one lah...
                        but yeah sure can lah...
                        f

Comment

Why not try standing on the 245 mark n jump to the normal start line?

Tis may help.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                            Why not try standing on the 245 mark n jump to the normal start line?

Tis may help.
                            absolute genius
                            f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                              now i shall reveal the all famous and sought after standing braod jump move
                              its called the "creep"

you do the crouch then you swing your arms and make momentum

then as your arms swing back and you crouch down,

you jump! but together with your arms swinging out making for an additional force to pull your further

tuck your outstreched legs back to the front and now you should be like a
                              prawn

flying in mid air

the key is not to jump high or low but just swee swee

Isnt it better that u jump n ur fren pull the matt backwards. I came across such case n kena caught for cheating. Not too sure of the punishment thou.

One of my fren, paid someone to help take IPPT, kena caught n spent sometime in DB.

Comment

overhead bridge (stairs) method

i used to cross an overhead bridge everyday when I to go to school during my sec sch days so i simply make use of the overhead bridge to train my SBJ.

here's how i do it:
                                1. walk up the stairs without the heel touching the ground (slight tip-toe position)
                                2. maintain the position in STEP #1 and walk up the stairs at least 2 steps at a time (make it 3 or 4 steps if possible)
                                3. walk up the stairs FAST (you can go at "running" speed if you want)
                                4. walk down the stairs the same way as mentioned in STEP #1
                                5. If possible walk down the stairs 2 steps at a time in addition to STEP #4 ( this can be quite dangerous so u might want to skip it)

*fast walk with big steps also helps a lot by training lower leg muscles (on level ground... stairs not required )

this is an easy but slow method to improve or AT LEAST maintain your SBJ standard.

Nevetheless I think its a very good method because my SBJ improved (with some basketball game every weekend as well) from about 210cm during secondary 1 to 272cm during secondary 4

Nowadays I still do this training regularly (only STEP #2 ) when walking to MRT station and now i can still maintain the standard I achieved 5yrs ago (with the help of army training...)

Comment

Working...
                                X