Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 problem

My PS2 has just gone bonkers. It hangs within 5 mins into the game. First the sound goes off then it just freezes. Restarting is difficult. A lot of times, after the PS2 word came out on the screen, the screen remains blank. I have to reboot quite a few times before I can load the game, only for it to freeze in a short moment.

Anyone has any idea what's going on? Any input will be appreciated.

BTW, does anyone knows a good PS2 repairman ard Bedok Central, AMK or Serangoon North area?
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Originally posted by Mad Armour
    My PS2 has just gone bonkers. It hangs within 5 mins into the game. First the sound goes off then it just freezes. Restarting is difficult. A lot of times, after the PS2 word came out on the screen, the screen remains blank. I have to reboot quite a few times before I can load the game, only for it to freeze in a short moment.

BTW, does anyone knows a good PS2 repairman ard Bedok Central, AMK or Serangoon North area?
    I don't know, but try not to send to sony. I just sent in my PSP. Service charge alone cost 60 bucks . Try to send to some repairman...
    8UHP
    Easyglider stock setup(DECOMMED) (new one coming soon)
    World Models 'Voodoo' mustang

Comment

Originally posted by slackerz
      I don't know, but try not to send to sony. I just sent in my PSP. Service charge alone cost 60 bucks . Try to send to some repairman...
      Sony will be the last place I send my machine, if you know what I mean.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Hmmm... it happens to me when i set it at 333mhz, it'll hang.

try reinstalling the running software.... if u know wat i mean

Comment

There's only one thing to do: Buy PS3.

Or get an XBOX360.

I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
            Hmmm... it happens to me when i set it at 333mhz, it'll hang.

try reinstalling the running software.... if u know wat i mean
            No, unfortunately I haven't any faintest idea. I didn't know you can set it to 333mHz. Heck, I didn't even know what mHz it's running at. I oso do not know you can install software. To me, the PS2 is pure PnP.

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
              There's only one thing to do: Buy PS3.

Or get an XBOX360.

Er...you're not helping.

OK, it seems like I've to bring my PS2 to a doctor.

Comment

which r we talking about ps2 or psp ??

Comment

Well, as the topic states, it's my PS2.

Comment

Well, as the topic states, it's my PS2.
                    Mike... forget about repair...

Tell your wife not worth to repair...

UPGRADE!!!!
                    huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                      Mike... forget about repair...

Tell your wife not worth to repair...

UPGRADE!!!!
                      I've still many PS2 game I haven't got the time to play yet. The PS3 is still new, so now's not the time to buy the PS3.

Comment

I've still many PS2 game I haven't got the time to play yet. The PS3 is still new, so now's not the time to buy the PS3.
                        looking the price for PS3 now.. can faint..
                        maybe 3 4 yrs down the road.. it will be more affordable

bro, maybe u would like to try Seow Choon. I heard it has a frenly service.. It has a branch in Tekka Mall in Serangoon too.. Maybe can contact them first the cost for repair..
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                          looking the price for PS3 now.. can faint..
                          maybe 3 4 yrs down the road.. it will be more affordable

bro, maybe u would like to try Seow Choon. I heard it has a frenly service.. It has a branch in Tekka Mall in Serangoon too.. Maybe can contact them first the cost for repair..
                          Dun feel like going all the way to town. Think I'll go and visit the shop at AMK Central.

Comment

MadArmours PS2. I just posted abt my PSP just to warn watever happens try your best NOT to send to sony. parts for replacement -$12.40 Service charge-$60
                            8UHP
                            Easyglider stock setup(DECOMMED) (new one coming soon)
                            World Models 'Voodoo' mustang

Comment

Originally posted by slackerz
                              MadArmours PS2. I just posted abt my PSP just to warn watever happens try your best NOT to send to sony. parts for replacement -$12.40 Service charge-$60
                              frankly bro.. at least u have a peace of mind knowing that the part replaced is original..

service charge for electronic stuff is always ex.. once i send my panasonic digicam for repair.. they also charge $60 for service but the motherboard replaced is free..

actually i always have this qualm... if i send my stuff to unauthorized dealer.. they will take all the good original parts, and replaced them with non original.. dats wat i heard
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X