Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad.. the croc hunter's dead

the croc hunter , steve irwin died.....how are u guy's feelings towards tt?

Pretty freak accident, to have the stingray's sting pierce his heart, of all places.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

sad to lose a great guy. gees, i din know it went through his heart. sighs, hope those who is into diving will be careful..

Comment

"He's a Great Guy"

'He did the impossible'

"A Great lost"
        Heli
        Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
        Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
        Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
        Buggy
        Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
        Charger : Tahmazo T15
        Balancer : TP205
        Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

.................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
          กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Sad to see him go

Comment

yeah..... he's my FAVOURITE discovery channel host...... argghh... this is so sudden

Comment

Croc hunter-some learning point

Used to liked his shows alot, until I realised that he is constantly stirring (ka-jiao) up the animals for some action...

I remember my mom used to teach me not to disturb stray dogs etc..

I guess being an expert doesn't neccessary guarentee that you'll always be safe under the forces of nature..

I think that this principle applies to our beloved hobby as well.. Do all the neccessary checks and fly save.. lest we become the victims of our own folly, worst putting those around us in unneccessary risk..

Sad to have lost another good guy.

Leon

Comment

heh... tt rings a bell... he's a croc expert, not necessarily a marine life guy?

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio
                    Used to liked his shows alot, until I realised that he is constantly stirring (ka-jiao) up the animals for some action...

I remember my mom used to teach me not to disturb stray dogs etc..

Sad to have lost another good guy.

Leon
                    I would have to say I agree. I feel sorry for his family and his friends that he is leaving behind no child should have to lose their dad at such a young age.

But I have to Say that I cringe every time he came on the TV he portrayed Australians in such a bad way it was embarrassing! That on top of the way that he handled the animals ( always agravating them and harassing them for showmanship) I am not surprised that he has not have such an accident earlier. I know he has had several close calls even one with the Singapore spitting cobra when he was here ( bet you didn't hear that one!! )

so on a final note I am sorry for his family and friends but call me callus and cruel but I think Biology education and and animals all around the world will be happier.

On a better know I have to acknowledge that he did use his obnoxious nature and style for the betterment of environment which i will have to take my hat off to him.

RIP Steve Erwin.
                    may you come back as one of the animals on this great planet.

cheers doug

Comment

I think this comment says it well......

Feminist academic Germaine Greer said on Wednesday she hoped the death of Australian “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin would mark the end of what she called exploitative nature documentaries, a discordant note amid floods of tributes.

Echoing comments she made this week in Britain’s Guardian newspaper, Australian-born Greer likened Irwin to a lion tamer and said he had intruded on the habitats of animals and treated them with “massive insensitivity.”
                      “It’s no surprise that he came to grief,” Greer told Nine Network television.

“We now have enough respect for lions to be embarrassed if we see someone trying to crack whips at them and wave chairs at them. Jumping all over crocodiles is the same kind of thing.”

Greer said she found the Irwin phenomenon "embarrassing," although she understood the sadness at his death.

“I’m not saying that’s not sad, I’m saying what might be over now is this kind of exploitation of animals,” Greer said.

“I am sick and tired of programs that tell me that the world is full of wicked, nasty, powerful, deadly creatures. Why does Australia set itself up to be made into this hellhole?” she said.

Comment

my sentiment exactly..

Cheers and fly safe,
                        Leon

Comment

Yet another Photoshop job ...

In case any one of you happens to see a screenshot of a Game Boy Color with a game between Steve Irwin and a stingray, it's just the work of some Photoshop enthusiast at 3:14:03 am, 4 September 2006.

It takes a long time to rasterise images and develop applications for the Game Boy platform, so that nonsense ain't going to be reality soon ...

Evidence:

Comment

Working...
                          X