Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone wanna adopt a week old kitten?

Last week my wife found a newborn kitten on the pathway downstairs our house, as she was walking to mrt to work... could not locate the mother cat. My wife was afraid that it will get hurt laying there...so took it home...

We believe it is only 4 days old, as of today... eyes not open yet and umbilical cord is still attached! I had been diligently feeding it with full cream milk thru'out this 2 days. Problem is, weekdays, we will be working and no one would be home to feed it... so it would go hungry thru'out the day... dunno how..

Anyone can advise what is the best way to help this poor little kitten?

Very sad to say but SPCA might be the best place for her.

1) If you intend to keep it, then its good, probably feed her twice a day, give her some nice warm bed (box with cloth) and well ventilated place (singapore is darn hot). Then I think it is fine. At least, that's what I did for my dog!

2) You can try to find owners to keep them, but u dun want just anybody to take them, especially kids! And those china foreman where there is a chance of eating the poor kitten.

Trying asking for help on http://www.pets.com.sg

Comment

Its So CUTE...Would lyk to adopt it but parent dun allow I lyk cats BTW

Comment

btw the minimum age for kittens to be given away is 4 weeks old so this kittin must have alot of care now of else....

Comment

There is hardly any space in SPCA. They try their utmost to accomodate all the strays wwhich are brought in by kind souls. But their funds are limited and it is always a likelihood that they put an animal down. I'm not trying to paint a negative picture of SPCA, but I think they really need our financial support for them to function also.

I myself am not able to bring in any more cats under my wing asa I already have three older cats. I'm afraid that they might just bully this kitten. If you have a little bit more extra cash, get the kitten milk from the Pet shop. It is better for the kitten as it is gentler on the kittens stomach.

Just my two cents worth, and hope that the kitten gets a loving home.
          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Long ago, I did call SPCA about new born kittens.. as I did came across one.... their answer than was that they could not take it in because they cannot tend for it..

It need very regular feeding (24 hrs)... and you need to help it pee by tickering its organs...

I was kind of lucky.. as I found the mother cat sometime later on that day
            huh

Comment

I contacted CWS this morning and jus a while ago, they called saying they have found a foster parents for the kitten...

Tomorrow i will bring the kitten to her (a teacher).. She has 4 other older cats at home... hopefully she has the experience to take care of newborns..

But now i feeling a little lost... kinda fall in love with this little fella...

Comment

Kitten.

Hi,
                It better to feed with goat milk as cow milk will cause indigestion for animal. Goat milk would not cause that problem.

SPCA will just put them to sleep as they have no budget to care for them ( poor thing ). If want to keep it, will be better to send for it for reproduction operation after 1 year or so. Also buy or make a scratching pole for it to train it paws otherwise it will attack your furnitures. It will know who is the master and it will play with you like children you will be delighted with it , reduce your stress. Send it to annually vac to reduce the risk of round-worms in the stomach. It will look after itself when it grew bigger.

I have 1 that is around 6 years old since it visit my HDB home when it is a couple of months old. My come will toilet train without any training it . it been a stray cat.. You can make a litter box for it to use everyday, but you just need to spend a minute of your time to pick and fursh the poo away.

Take care.

Cheers.

Comment

The kitten has passed on...

thanks for the advises...

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOW

passed on = died?
                    what happened?

Comment

passed away.

not sure why... the condition just turn 180deg suddenly...

Comment

Comment

kinda expected de le under 4 weeks old= cham
                          need body temperature at all times so can regulate haiz really sad to hear this sweet little critter passed away haiz lets hope where it goes is better off....

Comment

From my point of view...
                            The kitten may have survive if it is left there as the mum may have go feed herself... SPCA will put any animal down after weeks of non-adoption. So no point. However, my RC has been experimenting sterilising the cats within my area & was told that it cost as much as putting them to sleep. So far so good exccept for some fat cats hanging around my block... Coz no SEX.
                            Juz crossed over to the DUCT side!

Flying: P-51 Mustang, Corsair, F4 Phantom, Beaver(GF's), TigerMoth(GF's)
                            Slope Glider: E-Hawk 1500
                            Still in Box: Formosa, Zero Fighter, Me 109
                            Things to Sell:
                            - T-rex 450XL NIB
                            - Nano Falcon(not build yet)

- Speed 370 motor with JST connector & Spur gear $5, PM me

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOW

David..thats so unfortunate...
                              But its expected as its just too young, needs to be tended to all the time. A few years back i found a kitten less than a week old and it too died within a few days despite constant care by my family.

Though its nice to know that there are still people who cares to rescue an abandoned animal and take it home. Well done

Oh yeah, for those who have cats do not feed them cow's milk. Tanbenson is right, they cant digest it and can cause atummy ache especially for a newborn kitten. Its a common misconception regarding milk and cats i guess.
                              -Feda Dragonfly
                              -Hornet 2
                              -Pilot OK Turmeric
                              -Zoom Zoom 4D
                              -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                              -Hornet X3D
                              -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                              -Formosa 1
                              -World Models Spot On 50
                              -HB King 2
                              -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                              -RICCS F18 EDF